Old 12-07-2003, 01:30 PM
Banned

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default 4-B

Whats the web sight address.

Ron
Attached Images
File Type: jpg lady toolkit.jpg (59.8 KB, 21 views)
Sponsored Links
Old 12-07-2003, 01:50 PM

http://www.4thinfantry.org/
Old 12-07-2003, 04:49 PM

Distinctions
VOM Coordinator Contributor 

Watched the ending of it last night after work with the flashbacks "Garbage" Says I all the troopers had long hair. I meen real long hair clear down to their sholders. I don't think that would fly in any mans army let alone ours. Maybe I'm wrong but I believe this is just another Hollywood Vietnam baby killer myth. Put on by the left wing whackos.
Old 12-08-2003, 05:06 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Lemme see now

Quote:
Originally posted by bigblackbravo Well, Don Johnson, starred in it, playing a retired infantry lieutenant. Him and 5 or 6 other platoon members, or what was left after the Battle of Hue, found an international hospital in a village. Johnson told his men to infiltrate the village to seek medical help. One of the members walked in the open and was fired on by a VC. The VC shot him right in the back of the neck. So whith that Johnson and his men moved into the hospital seeking help from the French staff. As you can imagine ther are many wounded VC on tables being tended to by the French nurses. So that triggers several events. Several members push around te staff calling them "froggy" because they wont help their wounded friend. So Johnson begs to the doctor and the doctor still resists. Then one of the members shoots the doctor and then Johnson pulls a .45 on him. The soldier continues to shoot another doctor. Now Johnson shoots the soldier. Johnson orders that a VC on a table be removed. But now the wounded soldier is dead. With Johnson's men all pointing their weapons at him, Johnson says to his RTO to call Battalion and order some MPs to place his platoon under arrest. A nurse pleeds to the platoon to stop but Johnson pushes her to a corner. Then Johnson is knock out by a member, and the Sgt. orders the platoon to "waste them all, men, women and children". The forty or fifty people in the hospital are massacred and Johnson finds his way out and regroups. Some 35 years later the medic comes forward and says Johnson gave the order to kill the people. So the army screws him into getting reenlisted, because Johnson gets money from the army for a wound he received. But Johnson does that in exchange for immunity for his platoon. Becuase after the incident he gave his word not to talk about it. Well the movie goes on and then the nurse Johnson saved comes forward and saves Johnson. He gets off with being convicted for the murder of one soldier and his platoon is untouchable, thats it.

Chandler
Oh, sounds hella realistic, gosh, this used to happen all the time

"Johnson told his men to infiltrate the village to seek medical help. " gosh yes, we used to do this when all the medevac helicopters in the whole country were getting their oil changed or off at the Bob Hope Show--we only used our radios to get Hanoi Hannah
"Several members push around the staff calling them "froggy" because they wont help their wounded friend. " Froggy, eh? I bet THAT rreally made them want to help. Darn them Froggy Frenchies anyway
"Then one of the members shoots the doctor and then Johnson pulls a .45 on him. " No surprise here--I was in the 1st/327
"With Johnson's men all pointing their weapons at him, Johnson says to his RTO to call Battalion and order some MPs to place his platoon under arrest. " Just like in the real army, all right--this happened, like, evry other day--twice on Tuesdays
'The forty or fifty people in the hospital are massacred and Johnson finds his way out and regroups. " I see nothingk--NOTHINGK!!!!!
"So the army screws him into getting reenlisted, because Johnson gets money from the army for a wound he received. " Oh, yeah, THAT really happened
"But Johnson does that in exchange for immunity for his platoon. Becuase after the incident he gave his word not to talk about it. " OF COURSE!!!!His platoon has,mutinied, assaulted him and committed tremendous massacres but he's still so loyal to them he'd take a big fall--Sure,it always happens that way. ( I'da called 911 so fast it'd made their heads spin-- "Oh, yeah, I'm putting you all in for the CMH--just march over here where these nice MPs will give you your free beer and I won't say ANYTHING about it EVER!!!--PROMISE!!")
"Well the movie goes on and then the nurse Johnson saved comes forward and saves Johnson. " OF COURSE!!! Lemme guess: She fell inlove with him after his men massacred all her friends--That used to happen to me all the time--lemme guess again--she's good looking, right?
" He gets off with being convicted for the murder of one soldier and his platoon is untouchable, thats it. "
Actually this is unrealistic--he should have been elected senator, like Bob Kerry here who's thinly disguised story they are trying to rip off here and the whole platoon should have wound up crying on Oprah and been declared victims

I promise to see this one as soon as I can get RAMBO out of my VCR where its been stuck since 1983

Just one question--did they really try and pass off the modern day Don Johnson (age 55) as a Vietnam era platoon leader?

Now you know why I only watch the kind of movies you can watch with one hand

James

Ps iif any doctor ever refused to treat a wounded friend of mine there wouldn't have been 2 sticks standing straight up in a row in that place when I left
PPS: Chris--the Dutch Army can grow their hair as long as they want--maybe thats why their German neighbors kick their butts every time they have a bad hair decade
Old 12-08-2003, 05:26 AM

Watched it.

O Almighty Lord God, who neither slumberest nor sleepest; Protect and assist, we beseech thee, all those who at home or abroad, by land, by sea, or in the air, are serving this country, that they, being armed with thy defence, may be preserved evermore in all perils; and being filled with wisdom and girded with strength, may do their duty to thy honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2003, 06:14 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

http://www.tnt.tv/Title/Display/0,59...ginals,00.html

( Note : Based on the novel by NELSON DeMILLE )

TNT presents A VOICE PICTURES INC. and JAFFE BRAUNSTEIN FILMS LTD. production, in association with THE GREIF COMPANY and ROBBINS ENTERTAINMENT GROUP, WORD OF HONOR

Starring, DON JOHNSON, JEANNE TRIPPLEHORN, SHARON LAWRENCE, with JOHN HEARD and ARLISS HOWARD

Casting by PAT McCORKLE, C.S.A.

Music by GARY CHANG

Costume designer LIZZIE McGOVERN

Edited by DAVID BEATTY

Production designer LINDSEY HERMER-BELL

Director of photography GUY DUFAUX, C.S.C.

Producer CLARA GEORGE

Co-executive producer DON JOHNSON

Executive producers MICHAEL JAFFE, HOWARD BRAUNSTEIN, WENDY HILL-TOUT,
LANCE H. ROBBINS, and LESLIE GREIF

Teleplay by JACOB EPSTEIN & LESLIE GREIF and JEAN-YVES PITOUN and TOM TOPOR

Based on the novel by NELSON DeMILLE

Directed by ROBERT MARKOWITZ

World Premiere
Saturday, December 6 @ 8pm ET

Encore
Sunday, December 7 @ 8pm ET

Golden Globe winner and Emmy? nominee Don Johnson (Miami Vice) plays a man forced to confront the demons of his past in the Turner Network Television (TNT) Original film WORD OF HONOR, a gripping courtroom thriller based on Nelson DeMille's best-selling novel. Jeanne Tripplehorn (The Firm), Sharon Lawrence (NYPD Blue), John Heard (TNT's Monday Night Mayhem) and Arliss Howard (The Lost World: Jurassic Park) also star. The film is directed by Robert Markowitz (The Tuskegee Airmen; Decoration Day) from a teleplay by Jacob Epstein (Without a Trace) & Leslie Greif (Walker, Texas Ranger; The Maddening) and Jean-Yves Pitoun and Tom Topor (Perfect Murder, Perfect Town). It is executive-produced by Michael Jaffe and Howard Braunstein (The Rosa Parks Story, Rodgers and Hammerstein's South Pacific) for Jaffe/Braunstein Films Ltd and Wendy Hill-Tout of Voice Pictures. Lance Robbins (Les Miserables) executive-produces for the Robbins Entertainment Group, and Greif (TNT's Monday Night Mayhem) executive-produces for The Greif Company. WORD OF HONOR will premiere on TNT Saturday, Dec. 6, at 8 p.m. (ET/PT) with a special encore on Sunday, Dec. 7, at 8 p.m. (ET/PT).

In the film, Johnson plays Ben Tyson, a brilliant corporate executive and family man who finds his world threatened when he is accused of participating in a hospital massacre that occurred 30 years earlier, when he was an Army lieutenant during the Vietnam War. A member of his old platoon, Dr. Steven Brandt (Heard), decides to seek redemption for his soul after learning that he is dying of cancer. Brandt speaks of the events with the press, putting Tyson, his wife (Lawrence) and son in the eye of a storm of relentless tabloid journalism and political maneuvering. At the suggestion of his former boss, Tyson hires a seemingly down home country lawyer (Howard), whose folksiness belies a brilliant legal mind.

JAG officer Maj. Harper (Tripplehorn) leads the investigation to determine whether charges will be brought against Tyson and his former platoon. But Tyson remains true to the pact of silence he made with his men 30 years earlier. As a result, Harper finds herself hitting a brick wall and questioning everyone's story. As his lawyer tries to defend him during a court martial, Tyson finds his loyalties divided among the family he loves, the men who were under his command and the Army seeking to hold him responsible for the massacre. Only after a surprise eyewitness to the tragic event comes forward does the truth finally come to light. This thought-provoking drama explores the moral issues of guilt, innocence and culpability in wartime.

This Week's Features
Johnson Digs Deep for Word of Honor
As a man disassembled by wartime horrors, Johnson earns his stripes in TNT Original >>

Sharon Lawrence Contemplates Tabloid Truths
As her Word of Honor character battles to keep her private life private >>

? 2003 Turner Network Television.
Old 12-08-2003, 06:15 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Me too......and it did suck!!!!
Bob K

God bless the ACLU
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2003, 06:16 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

http://www.tnt.tv/Title/View4/0,5878,449167|5110|5128|||~TNTOriginals~~,00.html

( Just another example of how the public persona of Vietnam veterans is shaped by bulls*it such as this produced in Hollywood )

A Conversation with Don Johnson
(Benjamin Tyson / Co-Executive Producer)

Q: What attracted you to this role?
A: This character is multifaceted, and the story is very strong. There are many layers to it, like peeling an onion, and each layer has another dynamic. That is very refreshing for an actor. I think people have a preconceived notion that I only play heroes like Nash Bridges and Sonny Crockett. This character is very contained. He's taken a part of his life and put it in a capsule. Even though he hasn't consciously thought about these events in the past 30 years, it has eaten away at him. When the memory is brought back to the surface, all the pain, nightmares and insanity come flooding back. He is invited to exhibit once again this extraordinary courage in how he deals with the incredible injustice that's about to be served to him.

Q: How is this movie relevant?
A: We live in a time in which the media take normal people and turn them into 21st-century versions of the dunking chair--it's about public humiliation. In this film, a Vietnam veteran is, 30 years later, being charged with war crimes. The media turns his life upside down. The lunacy of war is only surpassed by the lunacy of the media. My character states that it's become an international disgrace, and I think that's very accurate. This is a powerful story with very compelling characters.

Q: How did your son, Jesse, become involved in this project?
A: The casting people asked if he would read for the part. I told them I was out of it, but, if they wanted him, great. Jesse is really putting in his time. It takes an incredible amount of discipline and courage to be successful in this business. If you put in the time, you have a chance at a long career. Jesse is not impressed with the fame part of the business. He's more into the work. He's an incredible writer, musician and singer. And I'm not saying that just because he's my son. He's an extraordinary artist.

Q: How was it working with the cast?
A: Sharon's a wonderful actress. She's done a lot of theater, television and film. She's put in her time and is a pro. Jeanne and I come from the same part of the country--she's from Oklahoma and I'm from Missouri. So we just have a kindred relationship. I was very comfortable working with her. It's just a wonderful cast, Arliss Howard and John Heard included.
Old 12-08-2003, 06:17 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Upcoming Airings

Wednesday, December 10th @ 9pm(ET)

Friday, December 19th @ 11pm(ET)

Saturday, December 20th @ 3pm(ET)

Sunday, December 21st @ 10am(ET)

Previous Airings

Sunday, December 7th @ 10pm(ET)

Sunday, December 7th @ 8pm(ET)

Saturday, December 6th @ 10pm(ET)

Saturday, December 6th @ 8pm(ET
Old 12-08-2003, 06:41 AM

exlrrp-then took took a younger kid and said it was him in his 20s. but the two had no similarities i thought.