The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Conflict posts > Vietnam

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-10-2003, 06:53 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Again, to all....thanks.

Bill, my dad was Navy, and my brother was Navy. After watching a Night to Remember as a kid, I didn't have the guts to go in the Navy or Coast Guard. When I saw A Perfect Storm, it reenforced my belief that I am oceanophobic. Love to swim in it, love to boat in the intercoastal and not far off shore, but as you say, trying to do 40+ waves....all I can say is "cluck, cluck". I am a chicken when it comes to that. I have so much respect for people like you, that can do that sort of stuff, it's unreal. Small ships moving in Harms Way. Working for the Navy I always get tears when for ceremonies they play that song about "those in peril on the seas". My heart and blessings go out to each and everyone of you guys who risk their lives that others may live. One of my uncles ended up a Master Captain in the Merchant Marine. During WWII he was in the North Atlantic and made runs to Murmansk, USSR. Ya'll have more guts then me, and I don't mind saying it. Thanks so much for what you did.

Landlubbing Packo

PS Have chipper will travel! You guys crack me up!

"DISSENT IS PATRIOTIC!" (unknown people for the past 8 years, my turn now)
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-10-2003, 07:00 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Larry,

Sorry, meant to answer in my last post. It's the Naval Hospital, Beaufort, SC. I am leaving the case out with the new Heart in it as an In Your Face sort of thing. This thief will not get me to put my stuff in hiding.

James, I hear what your saying but don't believe I have made any enemies around here that would stoop that low. I think if I did, they would have ripped off the whole thing. I am believing more and more it's going to be used by a wannabe rather than for money. I think they would have taken all of them if for cash. I think it's someone too young to have VN stuff, and didn't want the ARCOM W/V cause it's Army. I'm thinking young sailor now.
Thanks for the kind words.

Packo

Old 12-10-2003, 07:49 AM

Distinctions
Staff VOM 
Angry Packo

Man I know you. The last thing you would want anyone to call you is a victim. Just thinking about it the term leaves a nasty taste in your mouth. You can be mad, but don?t want people saying poor Tommy. You were the victim of a crime and there are no negatives there, lots of us have been victims. Push security damn it! You have a job and you do it, so should they.

The cleaning people would be high on my list of suspects. A cop can?t testify when a print was left but a cop can say if it was recent or not. If the most recent prints belong to only one janitor and you can account for the other prints (your own), it?s not that difficult to lean on someone.

Your encounter with Barney Fife is down right embarrassing to anyone connected with law enforcement. You take crime scene photos with a 35mm or a digital camera, the pictures may need to be enlarged. Yes, this is not a homicide. But in my eyes it?s like a thief taking a cross from a church, you put a lot of extra effort into something like that.

You have no difficulty speaking and can be an ?in your face? sort of person. Talk to the powers that be, let them know what a Purple Heart means and how you EARNED it. And remember this, the perp was not drunk and stupid when he ripped you off, he?s got some larceny in his poor excuse for a heart. Who?s going to get ripped off next? Get him now before someone else gets to be a victim.

Stay healthy,
Andy
Old 12-10-2003, 09:44 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Andy

Will do. Will get on this as soon as I get back to work in a few minutes.

You are 100% correct.

Packo

Old 12-10-2003, 05:44 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Track the SOB down and let everyone know what he did. If you catch him take it to the limit. He insulted all of us.
Old 12-10-2003, 05:48 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Update

Called NCIS since local security stopped investigation with "taking pictures of the scene". They came over and took the whole medal case to dust for prints. It came out negative.....no prints, been wiped clean. They will interogate people for me but I am holding out no hope. At least someone is looking into it.

Thanks for all the support! AS ALWAYS!

Packo

Old 12-10-2003, 08:34 PM

Distinctions
Coordinator VOM Contributor 
Default Well Kiss My Irish Ass!

Just got home from a trip to Las Vegas (Lost Wages) and am really sickened to read what happened to you,Tom.Theives are a breed of their own,but this bottom-feeder is definately of the worst,scum-sucking ilk known to humankind!

If and when this bastard is exposed,I will gladly pay the airfare to fly to Beaufort and poke this loser in the snot-locker.

Peace,Griz
Old 12-12-2003, 09:47 PM

This is all so very...sad. Sad that some idiot felt it necessary to take what doesnt belong. Sad that your heart was hurt so deeply. And sad that I can't find my boy Vinney's phone number in the Bronx! Those boys would give ya a two fer da price uh one. Locate and extricate!

And hey I coulda sworn the Navy had a version of the Turkish "bath". Didn't they call it Keel Hauling or some such?

Really I'm very sorry to hear about your stolen heart. And you never know, miracles do happen now and then.
?Whatever else history may say about me when I?m gone, I hope it will record that I appealed to your best hopes, not your worst fears; to your confidence rather than your doubts. My dream is that you will travel the road ahead with liberty?s lamp guiding your steps and opportunity?s arm steadying your way.?
President Ronald Reagan
Old 12-14-2003, 05:09 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Revenge

"To live well is the best revenge"
F Scott Fitzgerald

Nothing in the world I believe more than that, it worked for me and my Army tour. works every time

james