Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > Political Debate

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-06-2004, 11:17 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default REAL Heroes!!!

REAL Heroes!!!
by N.R. Filidei
(on patriotfiles.com Forum - August 6, 2004)

Edited for clarification - 8/12/04.

First-off, it must be realized that even a War Correspondent (free wandering wherever and whenever) couldn't possibly have witnessed as many war crimes, or been involved in as many dangerous exploits,...as DID(???-?) Kerry in ONLY 3-4 MONTHS in Vietnam. Such timewise wouldn't be practically, logistically and physically possible FOR EVEN: "Rambo" himself.

So then, let's quite differently get an Honest Account from a quite differently Honest Commander (don't remember name) on scene, during ONLY ONE of Kerry's greatly propagated military exploits, in ONLY A 3-4 MONTH Tour of Duty in Vietnam. Most others did 12 months or the normal One Year Tour of Duty.

Couldn't catch all of the quite differently Honest News segment/interview of The Event. Still, certainly got enough of it to OPEN ANYONES EYES (minds also) about ones planning ahead and/or lifelong deceptions for political gain.

Regardless, during Kerry's heroic Bronze Star episode or fairytale, he was only part of a flotilla of Swift Boats doing their thing, when The Lead Boat hit a mine. Immediately 3 Boats swiftly turned around to haul-ass (Kerry's Boat inclusive), so as to get out of harms way.

In all likelihood, the quick turning caused a Special Forces passenger on Kerry's Boat to fall overboard(?), be blown-off by a secondary explosion(?), or whatever(?)...(accounts of incident quite varied). Such causing Kerry to swing around again and retrieve the man, before once again turning to haul-ass and catch-up to the other 2 Boats hauling-ass. For hauling-ass he received A Bronze Star, which was just about as weird as getting a Purple Heart for a: "Scratch" (The treating Doctor's word).

WHEREAS,...The REAL Heroes in 2 Boats not running from a possible fight (not knowing if mine only, or just the begining of a large scale ambush) held their ground (actually water), provided covering-fire all around for the stricken Swift Boat, while looking for survivors of what must have been a quite destructive explosion. That's what REAL Heroes do.

Still, it would be sort-of-funny if not so sad. But, The Haul-asser Kerry got a Bronze Star for running and deserting his Unit during a possible Firefight. WHEREAS neither of The REAL Hero Commanders staying on station to protect their fallen comrades with covering-fire and look for survivors, received Bronze Stars for that specific action.

Hell,...one REAL Hero Commander staying to do his job, actually pulled 2 survivors out of: "The Drink". That's even one more man than heroically-decorated haul-asser Kerry pulled out of the water.

The End

Neil
Attached Images
File Type: jpg hardridejpg.jpg (21.6 KB, 28 views)
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-06-2004, 11:23 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default You

and your cohorts from SBVFT are puttin out nothin but.......................... HORSE MANURE

:re: :re: :re:

Gimpy

"MUD GRUNT/RIVERINE"

"I ain't no fortunate son"--CCR

"We have shared the incommunicable experience of war..........We have felt - we still feel - the passion of life to its top.........In our youth our hearts were touched with fire"

Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr.
Old 08-06-2004, 11:36 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default Gimpy...

THANK YOU - THANK YOU - THANK YOU.........Gimpy.

With a response like that, and especially coming from a: "Clintons, Kennedy and Kerry Party" foolishly non-paid (maybe?) supporter like yourself,...such proves to me that I'm right-on-the-money and have: "Hit pay dirt" with my writing.

Thanks again, Gimpy. Truly appreciate your help.

Neil
Old 08-06-2004, 12:36 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

The truth is finally out about the ever-so-brief 4-month tour of brevity of John Kerry. A retired U.S. Navy officer, Thomas Wright served our nation for for more than 20 years. He also served as one of Kerry's superiors in the tough assignment of SWIFT boat (Shallow Water Inshore Fast Tactical) patrols on the southern tip of Vietnam. Lt. Wright frequently experienced trouble with Kerry.

According to Wright, Kerry frequently broke the rules of engagement for SWIFT boat commanders. "When you're in a group (of boats on patrol) you don't open fire unless the person in charge tells you to or unless you are defending yourself from an immediate attack ... I'd have problems because we'd be running on a river and Kerry would see something off in the distance and he'd take a pot-shot at it, to see what happened. And that wasn't the way we were trying to run the patrols.
We were trying to get in and find out what was going on, and hopefully make contact and begin to work with some of the people that lived there ... And you don't get to go shake their hands when you're shooting at them."

"I asked Wright how Kerry would respond to the necessary correction that would follow such unilateral actions. Well, during the mission you just continue to issue the orders that you expect people to follow and, if they don't do them, you would continue to press until you got the results that you need. After a mission, is generally when you work out the more difficult problems. And those are done in private."

Wright continued, "I'd go talk to John Kerry and I'd tell him that I was unhappy with his opening fire, or pulling out of a column when he wasn't supposed to, or failing to communicate when he needed to ... And I'd always get an excuse. I wouldn't get a direct answer. I'd get 'I didn't hear that,' or 'We thought we saw something' or 'My radio was on the other side of the boat' or 'I didn't have time.' It was always an excuse. After three or four times ... I went to the division commander, told him about the problems I [had] been having and told him [the commander] that he needed to take steps to correct it."

"When he got his third Purple Heart, that evening, and we didn't particularly care what it was for, we knew that he had three. That evening, I and two other people went in and told him that we felt that he should go home. It was something that he could do ... He told us that he didn't want that, it was his intention to serve his country, and the next morning he was gone. And we were happy and didn't worry about it."

Now I understand why he went home so soon - his fellow officers didn't want to be in the same hemisphere with this grandstanding, self-promoting, dilettante who jeopardized the lives of his own crewmates.

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
Old 08-06-2004, 01:30 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

I watched the H&C interview and found some ingots of truth in that so-called debate. Ha, no way was there a debate happening. Susan Estrich was in for Colmbs and she had her seldom worn Red bat from hell outfit on and just gun-bored with a vengeance. To bad because the guest was just getting into some real interesting and relevant stuff and she cut him off at the hips and that was that. But the Crewman that represented the Kerry advocates dropped a real smoker on the plate so that made the show for me. He stated he knew nothing of war crimes committed and didn?t see any. Say what, no war crimes????
He did cite the free fire zones as a point of contention and some regret. Fair enough, but I knew of no order that said ya just shot up the place cuz ya could. I don?t get it and wonder what his orders were and who gave them.

And Neil, I picked up on the men in the water situation as well and that is a way, way interesting set of circumstances but that is where Susan chopped things off and it was a Susan monolog/gun bore drilling exercise after that. I had the very distinct impression that the men in the water scenario was the absolutely no go zone and the line was to be held at all costs. She?s a real scrapper that one, and usually interesting and humorous. But last night, yikes!!!!!!! Cry Havoc and unleash the dogs of war r? us for sure. Poor Alan, he now has a new high bar of performance to match.

Scamp
Old 08-06-2004, 02:33 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default Scamp...

Regarding that: "Cutting him (usually truths also) off at the hips", and/or the quite common practice screeching, ranting and raving non-stop by fanatical Dems/Libs/Leftists, so that the other Party or party can't get a word in edgewise and instead more truths be told, I've often wondered why such is so often permitted on air,...and even on: "Fox"?

Are Conservatives/Republicans just that timid or fearful of offending fanatical leftist propagandists (ironically and supposedly(?) big on: "Fairness), by telling such repetitious fools to just: "Zip-it" and give the other person a chance.

Also, don't believe that turning off the microphone on ANY time abusing and religiously ideological zealot could be construed as not being: "Civil",...which unfortunately many Republicans seem prefering, instead of putting up a good fight.

Hey,...if it's a-flat-out-lie, call it a-flat-out-lie,...even if on air.
Whatever, one should never say about such liars,....."I believe my distinguished colleague from the other side (left side) of the aisle is being a bit disingenuous". "Disingenous"...my ass. Calling a bald-faced-liar a bald-faced-liar, even on air, would be much more appropriate: "For The People".

Besides, if Leftist have no problem perpetually, fervently and passionately lying in public,...what's-the-big-deal if Conservatives started displaying such similar passions in public, while debunking all lies and revealing all truths? "Civility", and especially if displayed towards Leftist gets you nowhere, and only benefits The Career Liars and/or Leftists.

Neil
Old 08-06-2004, 04:08 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Don?t know what to say Neil but normally Susan Estridge is reasonable, funny, very candid and mostly polite, sometimes and maybe. But last night she wasn?t going to let that Swiftboat Sailor say nothin bout nothin, period. Like on a crusade to save the hollowland or something like that. Unwittingly Susan sent a message, a strong one and that is simply that the lance harpoon drew TJ blue blood and that the DNC damage control group is burning the late oil. All that can be done is to discredit the Swiftboat Sailors or somehow shut them up now.
But if the momentum is there to get the question-asking going on a large scale, then the DNC is in difficulties they can?t wiggle out of so easily. And of course questions beget questions and it will be a very tough time for them especially if it becomes perceived that the bully bad-boy DNC is trying to steam roll/squish a small group of noisy VN Vets. Credibility is the ball game and that is the vein Susan went for, in spades, and it was all just totally obvious what was up. Jasus, the guy was a FOX guest not a convicted criminal for crying out loud. Ha, maybe Hannibal the Cannibal would have gotten far better treatment.

So maybe the FOX claim of ?fair and balanced? got yet another new definition on the board. I can just see Tiger Bill or Hannity now defending themselves for FOX having a ?Liberal bias?, too funny to contemplate.
Maybe some questions will proceed on and I would like to hear some explanations, especially about ?Winter Soldier? and all those claims and accusations. If Kerry dry-labed his decos then he?s one empty shell of a man, for sure. But at this late date, I don?t think that can be proven one way or another unless his service records are opened up for examination. There is no way in hell that will be allowed as I see the scenario play out.
So the next move will probably be for the DNC to contract with Dirt r? Us, Pty., Ltd. And get those Sailors trashed out good and proper.

Scamp
Old 08-06-2004, 04:49 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default Scamp...

We or any other well meaning for America type people can kick-around the overly-deceptive character of power and control hungry Dems/Leftists until: "The Cow Jumps Over The Moon" (or even longer),....and it just doesn't matter. Only the strong and/or the strong willed survive.

Therefore, and unless The Conservative/Republicans develope some gumption and passion at what "They" do (or don't...cave into),...it'll be touch and go every election, as to whether or not the mostly foreign-friendly and fanatical leftist ideologues rule and control America and ALL Americans.

In simpler terms, just START PLAYING HARDBALL,...since HARDBALL is the only game that both America's domestic enemies and foreign enemies know how to play quite well AND MOST ALWAYS DO. Always remain: "Civil" and on The Defensive, and loose (both at home and abroad). Just fight to win in any battle worth fighting for, as America's enemies most always do. Sort-of level the Playing Field. It's really that simple my Friend.

Neil
Old 08-06-2004, 06:08 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Re: Gimpy...

Quote:
Originally posted by reconeil THANK YOU - THANK YOU - THANK YOU.........Gimpy.

With a response like that, and especially coming from a: "Clintons, Kennedy and Kerry Party" foolishly non-paid (maybe?) supporter like yourself,...such proves to me that I'm right-on-the-money and have: "Hit pay dirt" with my writing.

Thanks again, Gimpy. Truly appreciate your help.

Neil
Don't worry Neil,

I got a better reponse ready for ya now!

THE FREAKIN TRUTH!

###START###

Swift Boat Veterans for Truth Start to Sink

Editorial by Shane Cory
August 6, 2004

For the last few weeks, the Swift Boat Veterans for Truth have been ramping up their media operations for the release of their attack ad on John Kerry. This television ad coincides with a book by one of the SwiftVet founders, John O'Neill.

I personally received a few e-mails as the managing editor of the Washington Dispatch. One such e-mail from Tom Mortensen included the following:

"He [Kerry] recommended himself for 2 of his Purple Hearts for minor scratches that were probably self-inflicted and, more importantly, for the Silver Star. The events surrounds the award of the Bronze Star are also questionable as will be revealed in a soon to be released book, ?Unfit to Command?, currently #2 in sales at Amazon.com."

This was part of my response:

"Do you have solid evidence that Kerry?s wounds were self-inflicted? If you do bring facts to light and if they?re for real then I?ll give you a column. There is also the risk that if they are not for real or you don?t have any evidence to support your claims, you?ll get a column anyway, just not what you expected."

Tom responded with:

"The facts will [be] out over the next several weeks via testamentary evidence from officers who participated in the actions in question"

I should have called "b.s" at that very moment but I held off due to the chance that they could have some hard, credible evidence against John Kerry. Yet, I strongly felt that someone cannot make that type of accusation without backing it up, no matter what their media plans may be.

I didn't call it then, but I'll call it now. Bullshit !

After looking into the formation of this group which was funded by Republican donors and put together within the past four months, something looked odd. Combine the Republican money with a communications operative known to be "well connected" within the RNC, and you have a Republican hit squad that's willing to slither below James Carville's moral threshold. That's pretty low.

Yesterday afternoon, the first hole appeared in the hull of the Swift Boat Veterans' ship of lies. A key figure in the SwiftVets' attack against John Kerry admitted that he made a "terrible mistake" in an interview with the Boston Globe . George Elliott, Kerry's former commanding officer admitted that he was given an affidavit to sign by the SwiftVets that attacked Kerry's nomination for the Silver Star. He admitted to feeling pressured to sign the false affidavit due to the approaching deadline of the book by John O'Neill. Elliott admitted the mistake and feels that John Kerry deserved his Silver Star.

John O'Neill, the author of the soon to be released book that attacks John Kerry's Vietnam service, never even served on a swift boat at the same time as John Kerry. Kerry was back home in the United States by the time O'Neill took command of his first unit! O'Neill did not even know John Kerry until he was tapped by Richard Nixon. Huh, what was that? Yes, this story gets even more interesting.

Back in 1971, Richard Nixon needed a plan to counter anti-war groups such as Vietnam Veterans Against the War of which John Kerry was a member. He tasked Chuck Colson (of Watergate infamy) to form a group around the young John O'Neill. Yes, this is an old, bitter fight.

The first round of Kerry v. O'Neill occurred in June of 1971 on the Dick Cavett Show. O'Neill takes pride in displaying this "debate" on the website of the Swift Board Veterans for Truth.

The second round occurred this week when O'Neill and his cohorts released this ad against Kerry. Unfortunately for John O'Neill, he knocked himself out with a self-inflicted flurry of lies and stupidity.

Instead of taking advantage of non-political veterans by preparing affidavits for their signature and pressuring them to sign them, maybe O'Neill should have dedicated time passing out fliers for Bush's reelection campaign.

Obviously, O'Neill has held a grudge against John Kerry for over three decades. Now backed by Republican money and at least one false affidavit, he may have thought that he had a chance against Kerry. Thankfully, with men like George Elliott coming forward, the truth will prevail.

###START###

Like all falsehoods and misinformation tactics used by the "radical right-wingers"............it's starting to come apart at the seams, and reveal what a despicable, hateful and disgusting bunch they really are!!!

Gimpy

"MUD GRUNT/RIVERINE"

"I ain't no fortunate son"--CCR

"We have shared the incommunicable experience of war..........We have felt - we still feel - the passion of life to its top.........In our youth our hearts were touched with fire"

Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr.
Old 08-06-2004, 06:56 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 

Anti-Kerry Vietnam Veterans Hold Strong

The following statement from Swift Boat Veterans for Truth is in response to an article appearing in the morning edition of the Boston Globe (?Veteran Retracts Criticism of Kerry?) which implies that one Vietnam Veteran wishes to retract an affidavit he signed regarding John Kerry?s actions during and after Kerry?s time in Vietnam. The signed affidavit can be seen below.
"Captain George Elliott describes an article appearing in today?s edition of the Boston Globe by Mike Kranish as extremely inaccurate and highly misstating his actual views. He reaffirms his statement in the current advertisement paid for by the Swift Boat Veterans for Truth, Captain Elliott reaffirms his affidavit in support of that advertisement, and he reaffirms his request that the ad be played. [See both affidavits below.]

?Additional documentation will follow. The article by Mr. Kranish is particularly surprising given page 102 of Mr. Kranish?s own book quoting John Kerry as acknowledging that he killed a single, wounded, fleeing Viet Cong soldier whom he was afraid would turn around.

?Swift Boat Veterans for Truth has more than 250 supporters who are revealing first hand, eyewitness accounts of numerous incidents concerning John Kerry?s military service record. The organization will continue to discuss much of what John Kerry has reported as fact concerning his four-month tour of duty in Vietnam.?