The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Veterans > Veterans Benefits

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-17-2002, 05:11 PM

Distinctions
Staff VOM 
Angry Gimpy

OK, I give up, Gimp I?ve come over to your side. Today I got a phone call from a back water source telling me to call the VA and demand to know what I will be receiving in my VA check on July 1st. I called, I?m taking an $1,100 cut, while my case is still on appeal. They told me before that until a final decision is made I wouldn?t be cut. The VA civilians have decided my cancer is ok, even though I?m currently taking treatment. (Treatments like chemotherapy, but VA doctors haven?t discovered this stuff yet.) Apparently I was supposed to be officially notified in August that my appeal was denied.

June 1, a guy I went to high school with, a man who was in Vietnam in ?68 as a grunt, a guy who came down with cancer 6 months after I did was informed he was being dropped from 100% to 10% for cancer and 30% because they had to cut out his left lung.

June 1, a guy who was in our 3rd platoon (I was in 2nd) was reduced from 100% for cancer, lymphoma like me, to 40%. Does any of this seem like a trend?

All three of us have doctors who are saying, ?This boy?s got cancer which can?t be cured.? each of us are getting ?downsized?. As a result, I?ve called the offices of both of my senators. Never thought anyone would hear me say I called the office of Ted (I don?t drive well) Kennedy, but I did. Also called a democrat candidate for governor whom I know.

The VA and DAV both told me how busy they were. Made contact with my MOPH representative, contacted the State Treasurer saying I?m no longer eligible for a $1,500 check the state gives all vets who are 100% once per year. Every person I spoke to, and followed up with an e-mail, is a democrat. I?m ashamed of me, feel like a whore. But I am getting screwed as are a number of us.

Gimp, I know you have done well fighting the VA. Share your wisdom with a dumb Yankee who is going to change his voter preference tomorrow.

Stay healthy, we better,
Andy
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links