The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Military News > Joint Forces Command

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-08-2023, 07:17 AM

Exclamation 'He's not bluffing:' Expert warns Trump will remake military into his 'personal muscl

'He's not bluffing:' Expert warns Trump will remake military into his 'personal muscle'
By: Matthew Chapman - RawStory News - 12-08-23
Re: https://www.rawstory.com/trump-2024-2666488052/

Former President Donald Trump is dead serious when he discusses governing as a dictator, warned former Naval War College professor and anti-MAGA conservative analyst Tom Nichols on CNN Friday morning.

Nichols is one of several experts who wrote this month's special issue of The Atlantic, devoted to a dire warning about how Trump intends to radically reshape the government in a more authoritarian direction.

"Help us decipher the rhetoric versus the reality here when it comes specifically to the military," said anchor Poppy Harlow.

"Trump makes a great show of venerating the military in public," said Nichols. "He talks about how much he loves the military and talks about his generals when, in fact, he actually has a deep disrespect for the military ... this is a guy who referred to the — to America's war dead as losers and suckers. And he doesn't really understand, as John Kelly, four-star Marine general, said, doesn't understand anyone who served their country honorably. He understands the pomp and parades and the salutes and sir, and he wants to use that force as his personal muscle. We know this. This isn't hypothetical."

What's important to remember, Nichols added, is that everything he and his fellow writers in The Atlantic have warned are based on actions and words Trump has already put out there.

"So the distance between his rhetoric and his actions when it comes to the military or anything else is getting really vanishingly small considering that he has already tried to do a lot of the things that we talk about. He has already tried to use the U.S. military against its own citizens." Worse still, Nichols noted, Trump even once complained that U.S. generals should be more loyal and unquestioning the way Adolf Hitler's generals were.

"He is not bluffing," said Nichols. "And there are plans to gut any of the civilian civil service guardrails that are inside the Defense Department and the Justice Department and the rest of the government. So, in tandem, these are really dangerous things, and I think he is quite serious about not making the same mistakes twice."
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Personal note: DO YOU REALLY WANT TRUMP TO BE YOUR DICTATOR!?
-
God help us if you let this maniac run for President again! He's a loose
canon and really not someone we can trust.
-

O Almighty Lord God, who neither slumberest nor sleepest; Protect and assist, we beseech thee, all those who at home or abroad, by land, by sea, or in the air, are serving this country, that they, being armed with thy defence, may be preserved evermore in all perils; and being filled with wisdom and girded with strength, may do their duty to thy honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-09-2023, 08:54 AM

Exclamation Donald Trump Legal Move Spells 'Danger Dead Ahead,' Former Prosecutor Warn

Donald Trump Legal Move Spells 'Danger Dead Ahead,' Former Prosecutor Warns
By: Newsweek - 12-09-23 10:25 AM EST
Re: https://www.newsweek.com/donald-trum...0997?piano_t=1
-
Former federal prosecutor Glenn Kirschner on Friday warned of "danger dead ahead" after the latest legal motion from Donald Trump, calling it a preview of his "dictatorial plans."
-
The former president is currently in the midst of four criminal cases across various jurisdictions, adding up to a total of 91 criminal charges. Among the cases, the most prominent is considered to be the federal case brought by the Department of Justice (DOJ) and special counsel Jack Smith, accusing Trump of attempting to carry out a scheme to overturn the results of the 2020 presidential election.
-
Trump, the GOP frontrunner for the 2024 presidential nomination, has pleaded not guilty to all of the charges in the case, with his legal team recently filing a motion seeking to have the case thrown out altogether, claiming he has complete immunity from the charges due to the fact he was president at the time. Judge Tanya Chutkan, who is overseeing the case, rejected the motion on Thursday, explaining that the former president does not have the "divine right of kings to evade the criminal accountability that governs his fellow citizens."
-
Now, Trump and his legal team have filed an appeal to the D.C. Circuit Court of Appeals seeking to overturn Chutkan's decision. In the filing, Trump's attorneys claimed that this appeal request has put a "mandatory and automatic" pause on all other matters involved in the case, and further made the assertion that Trump will act as if the pause has been granted, even though Chutkan has not yet ruled to grant one, "absent further order of the Court."
-
The assertion has been met with widespread criticism in the legal world and even outright mockery in some corners. For his part, Kirschner, a staunch Trump critic and legal analyst, stressed the unprecedented nature of the move and how dangerous it could be moving forward, in the latest video posted to his YouTube page.
-
"Friends, in my 30 years as a prosecutor, I never once had a defendant or a defense attorney say, 'Judge, Judge, I don't care how you might rule on this motion, I'm telling you, I've made a decision...I don't need you to rule,'" Kirschner said. "The only thing I can think of to call that is a defendant in criminal litigation trying to act as a dictator, or perhaps as a second judge who gets to override the judge who's assigned to oversee the case."
-
He later added: "This is dangerous. Danger dead ahead. This is Donald Trump testing the waters, you know, sort of trying to test out his ability to ignore Judge Chutkan's rulings, to ignore the courts altogether. Because the courts are the greatest danger to Donald Trump's power."
-
Newsweek has reached out to other legal experts via email for comment.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Personal note: More still to come. Trump is putting another nail into his coffin with his; verbiage and his dictatorship antics. "We don't need a dictator" running our country - or our politics - and our military!
-
We have system - a little shaky at times - but its a system. These "rules apply to all" - not to be misconstrued - or contrary - to our Constitution & or Rules of Law.
-
I will stand "against and all" - those that are contrary to our Nation & its People!
-
Many military have given their lives - or suffered from misled rulers. "Our Constitution" must be maintained at all times. Democracy is our strength! We don't need a supreme leader - running our country!
-
I'm worried about the next election and those in Congress
who support such issues currently going on in Congress.
I must state they've not done much to stop these ongoing reports. Their infighting isn't what I call healthy and productive!
-
Our courts are taking way too much BS from Trump and his remarks. "Muzzle him" before - he makes system look bad. He's not above the law!
-
I still see his insurrection in my head - on Congress - he did this! Trump once more is not above the law! (period)!
-
His disrespect for the rule of law - should result in fines or being locked up!
-
He's not special - he's the wild card - along with those few in Congress! That type of verbiage and disregards of our legal system are unacceptable!
-
I'm VET like so many before and after me! We take an oath - we live or die on the actions we are called upon during our service! Don't make us look bad for the actions of others.
-
Boats

O Almighty Lord God, who neither slumberest nor sleepest; Protect and assist, we beseech thee, all those who at home or abroad, by land, by sea, or in the air, are serving this country, that they, being armed with thy defence, may be preserved evermore in all perils; and being filled with wisdom and girded with strength, may do their duty to thy honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote