The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > Political Debate

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-03-2003, 11:23 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Question Pandering To The So-Called Elite!?

?With Liberty and justice for all, in the land where all men (and women) are created equal!? (Splendid words indeed!!)

No, this is not sour grapes, nor is it that ?Green Eyed Monster of Envy!" What it is, is a matter of personal rhetoric, truth, and straight talk (No Spin Doctoring)!

Have you heard - all of a sudden, China is admitting that they don?t have a handle on SARS (Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome). They are now (belatedly for some) inviting in foreign medicos to test the waters for cure!

I once read a rough draft of a what-if book, written some eight years ago, that touched (be it ever so lightly) on a fictionally devastating disease without an instant cure! An epidemic that emanated out of China, and threatened to spread world-wide.

Of course, this book (CIVILUTION), although copyrighted, was never published. The contents, like the author himself, was controversial and said it like it was, or at least as he saw it? And that, to a few (powerful) politically motivated factions, was a no-no! (End of book!)

"How do I know asks you? Because I wrote the damned thing says I!"

But then, this is neither here nor there, but it does add credence to the theory that pandering to the dictates of the so-called powerful and vested elite within the political and social spectrum, is usually a given when push ($$$$) comes to shove!

Getting back to China, their initial procrastination in divulging the pandemic, fatal potentialities of SARS has proven costly, if not deadly, for many! But this is by no means the only case to be made against any elitist political mentality! The recent War in Iraq, certainly caused alarm amidst the Coalition as concerns the ?Oil Is Far More Precious Than Blood or Liberty Mentality" of France, Russia, Germany, Canada, and Mexico (etc)$$!

I did, however, find it gratifying that President Bush has invited the "Magnificent Aussies" over to the ranch for a little ?Beef, Blab and Fosters? as a way of saying thanks for their backing and superb support. What he should also do, however, is to post a full page ad in every major news rag, thanking the people of the United States (too) for their support, as well as posting a note of thanks in all military publications (if he has not already), thanking our armed forces for their tremendous sacrifices! ?Sacrifices that without which, this nor no other conflict, could have possibly been won!

I think what really got me on the war path (this time around) however, was the title of a piece that appeared within the national media! It said, and I quote:

?The cost of war, Cashing in on war's end bear market!?

I also noted that all during this short and fierce conflict, damned near every combat report that I saw on the tube, was quickly followed-up by a stock market report!

Maybe this is a touchy subject for me, but I do remember the President?s own words on the subject, in that - ?This is not a war over oil, but rather liberation and regime chance!?

It is too bad that no one told the French, Russians and Germans this!? And as for the nation of Belgium, they attempted to use this war (opinion) to advance their own anemic world standing and prestige, by trying to grab international judicial power to put the "Coalition of The Willing" on trial for being a helluva lot more ballsy than they are!

I also was a bit perplexed over the train of thought put forth by Secretary Powell, a man whose guts and dedication no-one can question (opinion)! On the subject of ?Weapons of Mass Destruction?, Colin Powell again touted the need to eliminate WOMDS from the Middle East (No one can dispute this), but he emphasized certain regional exceptions to this rule that are bound to raise an eyebrow or two in the Middle East (?), right or wrong!?

The new's segment that I saw ended with a brief piece on Warren Buffet, a man that has more $$$$ than Midas himself (another opinion)! It seems that Mr. Buffet is toying with the idea of buying into China's Oil. And if ?Dear Old Warren? is interested, your can bet your sagging ass, that there is big money in the offing!

Also, yesterday, I observed a nationally recognized religious leader demanding that the United Nations, and not the United States, handle the rebuilding and oil of Iraq. Was it really Iraq that was the major concern, or was it (perhaps) all of that oil and UN (lost) power?

I can guarantee you this, that if the United Nations re-gains control of the Iraqi midway, that recent (slight) drop in fuel prices that we experienced, will evaporate like a fart in a North-Easter!!

Now some people will dispute the concept that elitism even exists, and it is usually the elitist him (or her) self who protests the loudest in an attempt at moral justification! But hell, no one (especially not I) is bitter over a person making a bundle (honestly) - I too wish that I had a few more bucks to survive on!

What I do appall, however, is the vested misuse of massive resources by a scant few! For instance, I just learned that the Kofi-Man (Annon), personally controlled a huge chunk (?) of that ?Oil For Food Fortune!? And France?s involvement, as well as Germany and Russia's, is a matter of public record!

This is America, a nation in which ?ANYBODY? can grow up to be president, provided he has a gift of never-ending bull-shit, a huge political party behind him, and a massive fortune to tap into! Now that sure as hell limits the ?ANYBODY? part of this paragraph, "DON'T IT!?"

?Naw, elitism don?t exist! It?s all in my mind, and shit don?t stink neither!??

VERITAS