The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-20-2004, 10:01 PM

My understanding is that this site is for veterans and folks who are concerned or interested in veterans. No qualifiers attached. Welcome aboard.
Old 05-20-2004, 10:29 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

You are a brother. Welcome home !!

Larry
Old 05-21-2004, 04:09 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Reeb,...

...Time wounds all,...

...I fully understand your feelings as even with an honorable discharge, I have lived in that same shame for almost 25 years, but it has been the people that you have found here that has made the difference, you did your time, you did your best, and situations arise that we have no control over, LT says "keep movin" ,...

...Be well,...

Tom "ANDY" Andrzejczyk

sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2004, 04:40 AM
Doc.2/47

Was almost in the same boat.One mouth while still stateside I didn't get paid.Went to the finance folks an asked em what the problem was and was told that it was probably just a mixup and that it'd likely be along in a month or two.Was not a happy camper.Told em that I figured I had a contract with the government where I would provide my services for a given amount of money to be paid at a given time-now-and that if the government wasn't willing to uphold its' end of the deal that the contract was void and I'd consider myself fired.Went back to the Co. area and told the 1st Sgt. that I wasn't in the Army anymore and that I was headed home.He asked why and I told him.Kinda figured he might call the MPs but he didn't say another word.Went back to the barricks and changed into my cives.About the time I was leaveing out headed for the gate that fella from finance showed up with my money.Was kind of a relief and a letdown at the same time.
Old 05-21-2004, 05:57 AM

Well, Reeb, you got off lighter than I did. I had to do some hard time too, but, then again, my reasons weren't as good.

It's funny (well, not really), but when a new neighbor finds out I was in jail, they don't really mind. When they find out I was in 'nam too, they stop coming over for BBQs. I guess it's not really that bad any more, but it used to be.

Some people won't like you for it, but you can't take it back, so best just put it behind or live with it. It's all about serenity.
Old 05-21-2004, 06:09 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Mr. Reeb

If you look, I suspect that you'll find no nail holes on our hands, no spear wound scar in our sides, and a total inability to walk on water. If you think the remainder of us are practicing saints, think again. As indicated by others, there are no pre-qualifications for membership here that you haven't already met.

If I could give you a direct order, I'd say, "Be at peace in your heart, and keep gifting us with your unique perspective." But then again, maybe I just did!

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
Old 05-21-2004, 06:11 AM

Reeb,

You will alway be my friend regardless of the circumstances back then. None of us are angles and like some have said we too have skeletons in our closets.

You've done you're bit and your still a hero to us.

O Almighty Lord God, who neither slumberest nor sleepest; Protect and assist, we beseech thee, all those who at home or abroad, by land, by sea, or in the air, are serving this country, that they, being armed with thy defence, may be preserved evermore in all perils; and being filled with wisdom and girded with strength, may do their duty to thy honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"
Old 05-21-2004, 07:55 AM

Send a message via AIM to SparrowHawk62 Send a message via Yahoo to SparrowHawk62

Hello Reeb,
I've only got one word for you, and that is SHIPMATE!

A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life." That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it. -- Author Unknown
Old 05-21-2004, 08:25 AM

Reeb, what else can I add here. You want to talk about mistakes? I've made some of the biggest only I never had the courage to put em out in the sunlight. You have always been honest and upfront here and I believe that is how you live your life everyday. I've always thought that the folks here are the some of the best there are and you rank right up there with all of em.
Old 05-21-2004, 12:57 PM

Distinctions
Staff VOM 
Lightbulb Reeb

So you?re the one. Some people told me there was a guy who made a decision or two that might not have been in his own best interest sometime between 65 and 75. They even told me this guy got screwed over by the military. All these years I thought they were talking about me.

Reeb, how many of your own guys got wounded or killed because of your decision? Put things into prospective my friend.

Stay healthy, stay here,
Andy