The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Conflict posts > Vietnam

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-10-2003, 06:08 AM
Wannabe/Poser

Distinctions
VOM 
Default I love this Bar

I thought I would post a few starter pics of a couple of LT and my favorite bartenders. There are two bars we go to, the Outhouse and the Getaway. At the outhouse the parking lot consists of Harleys and Pickups and they check you for guns and knives at the door, if you don't have any they give you one. At the Getaway the parking lot is full of BMWs and Mercedes and LT and I usually lower the average age by 10 years. LT took Andy to the Outhouse when he was here. Here is Mel, she bartends on Friday and Saturday at the Outhouse.
Sponsored Links
Old 12-10-2003, 06:16 AM
Wannabe/Poser

Distinctions
VOM 
Default The Getaway

The Getaway is where all of the older folks hang out, the ones with a lot of money. On Wednesday night is ladies night with a one man singer and dancing. A single guy can get trampled by the women wanting to dance and get to know you. WARNING! two guys had to be helped out with walker and wheel chair tracks on them. BUT the bartenders are really good looking. Here is Tina and LT. LT you tell the story about Monday night.
Old 12-10-2003, 06:24 AM
Wannabe/Poser

Distinctions
VOM 
Default Not an unusual night

My friend Alan was a Navy Corpsman and now works as an environmental wetlands engineer for the Corps of Engineers. He left the Getaway on Monday with this and the Owner. In the background in the post above is Elle taking a drink of wine. She is a Mortage Banker and invited LT and I to her private Christmas party next week.
Old 12-10-2003, 06:31 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Im confused....The first 2 pictures are great! but the last one
is missing something.
Bob K

God bless the ACLU
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2003, 07:00 AM

Distinctions
Staff VOM 
Wink Sid

Lt did take me to the Out House and there is a sign saying, "If you don't have a gun or knife we'll give you one." I had a .38 snub nose, as always but demanded that Mel search me.

She also told me, "You talk funny but I won't hold it against you." I said, "Nonsense, by all means hold it against me." It was odd, there were at least 3 different southern accents in that bar and none of them talked like Doc Fred. Course Lt still sounds like he's from Jersey.

Once off the interstate I believe I could find my way back to that watering hole however, meeting Tina seems like a brilliant idea.

Stay healthy, drive safe,
Andy
Old 12-10-2003, 07:06 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Thumbs up Monday Night

Monday night PHO , Allen , Psyco Fred ,a bartender and I were sitting at a table at the Getaway having a large time. About the time Allen received the bra for good keeping we were laughing it up pretty good. Some guy comes up to the table and yells at us that we are all sick and he invites the whole table outside so he can kick our ass. I told him I would love to dance and lets go.( hint , never turn your back on someone you have just asked to dance ) He heads towards the door and as the others are getting up to I hear PHO tell the guy " you just made a hugh mistake " The guy gets to the door , with his back to us and hesitates before opening it. Allen can't resist and grabs the guy by the back corral , throws him to the ground and pounds his ribs a couple times . Quickly stopped Allen and pulled the guy up and dusted him off as it was clear he had realized the errors of his ways. I don't think we will see him anymore at the Getaway. I love this bar !
Old 12-10-2003, 07:07 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

I'll have to pass. Haven't got Deb to forgit bout' Savannah yet! Guess I'll just have to take her along next time. Both look like great places. Enjoy the "private" Christmas Party.

Packo

"DISSENT IS PATRIOTIC!" (unknown people for the past 8 years, my turn now)
Old 12-10-2003, 08:22 AM
Wannabe/Poser

Distinctions
VOM 
Default We have a picture

Of the owner of the items in the pic but I was reminded that this is a family site. I'll let you know later and send additional photos by private request. no requests now but after Sunday
Old 12-10-2003, 12:43 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Is it Sunday yet?
Bob K

God bless the ACLU
Old 12-10-2003, 02:17 PM
Doc.2/47

How bout now?Is THIS Sunday?