The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-20-2004, 03:51 PM

Default Time To Come Clean, THIS IS SERIOUS.

I have been on this site for as long ( almost anyone ), and I might add that it is the Best Vets/Nonvet site there is.

But there is something that has been bothering me for quite some time now ( maybe 35 years ) that I would Like to share with you, and why I dont know, but I do.

Now, after reading this, just take your course, cause I know I am in the wrong.

Way back in 1965 I joined ( not drafted ) the Military. I dropped out of the 11th grade to join, ( cause I was flunking High School, and the War with Vietnam was going on, so I decided to make something of my life, so I joined the Navy.

That is one thing I will never REGRET AS LONG AS I LIVE.

I went through basic in Great Lakes, and from there, I went to Yokohoma ( sp ) Japan to meet my ship, the USS Pine Island and we weent from there to Cam Rhan Bay , Vietnam, and I was assigned to the Aviation Department as AZ ( Aviation Maintenance Admin), that was after serving as MAA for the ship for four months.

But anyhoo, this led into me going to school in Memphis and graduated there , and sent home for 30 days leave, with orders to Nam, once again, ( of which by the way I requested ), I got them.

This now is 1967, I got to Cam Rhan Bay in Viet Nam, and was automatically signed into my rateing, which didnt last long.

The next thing you know I am on a 127 and flying around the country.

We got shot at, but really couldnt return fire ( I guess from being so high ) ( in the air ).

What I am getting at is :

There is one person on this site that knows this story, and I aint saying no names, but a good cyber friend of mine for almost four years now, and he quit writting, and I cant blame him.

I got Discharged in Nam 1969 ( June ) and I reenlisted for orders to the Phillipines ( Sangley Point ) as an E5.

I was married to a Phillipina ( as some of your know ) but I lost her while I was on leave in the USA learning to how to run a GD Movie Projector, which dont/didnt have anything to do with my NEC.

Anyhow, while on leave back here in the States, I got news that My Wife had been killed by a " Jeepney ", and I still didnt have my orders to go to PI, just the ones to Guam, ( Looney bird town), I REENLISTED FOR ORDERS TO SANGLEY POINT , P.I. One more screw by Uncle Sam. ( I blame HIM.)

SO,,,,,,,

I stayed here!!!!!!

General Court Martial and all and got a BCD ( Bad Conduct Discharge) for something I believed in then. I wanted to be with my wife, not going back to Nam after serving 3 yrs 7 months.

My first DD214 says that, but my second one dont.

AND I KNOW WHAT THE TRUTH IS, AND I DONT LIE.......

Three and a half years honorably, and I had to FUCK up.....

With this, I still want to be part of this site, and others, but if anyone here hates me for what I have done, then I deserve your oprion, and I still respect you .

I didnt go to Canada or Dodge the draft, I went and done my duty, but the Govt screwed me, just like they are with all the HONORABLE Vets Now.

I AM A PROUD AMERICAN ( cause I I WAS THERE ) !!!!!!!!!!!!!

But Dishameful for going AWOL...........

enough...........
Old 05-20-2004, 06:22 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Thumbs up

Thank you for your service Reeb. Everyone reaches a point sometime . One of the bravest people I knew before and after , one day got in a hole and would not come out of it that day. , in a BIG FIGHT. I told him to get out or I would shoot him in his GD hole . He told me to shoot him . I told him to give me the radio. I humped it all day. Bad day. Did I tell you I was an Opa ? Welcome Home and Welcome here !!
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2004, 06:36 PM
Doc.2/47

Welcome home,reeb.Far as I can tell, the only folks that think that the Gov. is always right are folks in the Gov.Don't mean nothin.Thank ya for your service.I'm always tickled ta hear from ya.
Old 05-20-2004, 06:41 PM

Distinctions
VOM Coordinator Contributor 

Reeb confession is good for the soul. It hurts like hell but you have to get it out. You are not a bad man because you went awol and as far as I'am concerened we all have skelitons in our closets so I say don't throw stones welcome home friend.
Old 05-20-2004, 06:43 PM
Super Moderator

Distinctions
VOM Staff Contributor 

Reeb.
Rest easy, stick your chest out, pick up your chin and stand proud. You've earned your pride. And you just gained 100 pounds of respect from me.
Old 05-20-2004, 07:08 PM

still someone i look up to very much so and i truly mean that sir.
Old 05-20-2004, 07:09 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Well Reeb, that was all long ago and I can fully understand where your emotions were at. I?m truly sorry for your loss as I full well know how charming and wonderful those Filipinas are. I spent two and a half years cycling through in WESPAC 7th fleet and VN Operation Market Time and sometimes if I could have walked on water, I?m not so sure what would have come to pass. Maybe I would have just walked on home and said goodbye to it all, who knows. To this day my acquired and adopted VN song is ?Saying goodbye to it all? by Chris De Berg.

Welcome home shipmate and we?re very fortunate to have you aboard.

Scamp
Old 05-20-2004, 07:15 PM

Send a message via AIM to Bill Farnie
Distinctions
VOM 

Reeb,
Your a BROTHER.
That says it all

Bill

It is well that war is so terrible, or we should get too fond of it. General Robert E. Lee
Old 05-20-2004, 09:37 PM

Default You Done Your Time !!

Reeb,
Life ain't easy, you done your time in hell (and this open discussion will ease the tension you have had) now its time to look back at the good that you had. Enjoy life, it is way too short to be bugged by bull shit. Truely sorry for your loss. I retired from Subic Bay in 1985 but, that is another story. You have this MACS's respect and thanks for being with me in Cam Rahn.
God Bless
The life of all of us isn't easy and not many a man would say to all these vets what you have said. You gotta big heart and you are truely a Brother.
Shipmate welcome home.
Old 05-20-2004, 09:45 PM

keep yer head up