Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-25-2004, 05:23 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default God Bless the Scots!

Well, my people are at it again.

BAYONET BRITS KILL 35 REBELS.

(The Sun, UK) 5/16/04

OUTNUMBERED Britis soldiers killed 35 Iraqi attackers in the Army's first bayonet charge since the Falklands War 22 years ago. The fearless ARGYLL and SUTHERLAND HIGHLANDERS stomed rebel positions after being ambushed and pinned down.

Depite being outnumbered five to one, they suffered only three minor wounds in the hand-to-hand fighting near the city of Amara.

The battle erupted after Land rovers carrying 20 Argylls came under attack on a highway.

After radioing for back-up, they fixed bayonets and charged at 100 rebels using tactics learned in drills.

When the fighting ended bodies lay all over the highway---and more were floating in a nearby river. Nine rebels were captured.

An Army spokesman said: "This was an intense engagement." (No shit Packo adds.)

The last bayonet charge was by the SCOTS GUARDS and the PARAS, (Airborne to you non-hackers), against Argentinian positions. (end)

Can you imagine the look in those Iraqi/Al Queda eyes as they pop the ambush thinking they were gonna blow away these guys. Next thing they know they have 20 screamin' Scots charging them with bayonets! I imagine the trail of poop would have led to their hidout. Good Show!

My beloved relatives! LONACH!

McPacko
Attached Images
File Type: jpg m16silouette.jpg (20.8 KB, 22 views)

"DISSENT IS PATRIOTIC!" (unknown people for the past 8 years, my turn now)
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-25-2004, 06:06 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Talking Mc Paco

I put a bayonet on one day. Kind of gives you a this is it feeling and it ain't gonna be me. During bayonet training ( what's the spirit of the bayonet - TO KILL ) they told us if you stuck someone and the bayonet got stuck to fire a round to disloge it. I thought , to myself , if I had a round left I wasn't sticking nobody. Good show by your people. Scouts Out !
Old 05-25-2004, 07:39 AM
Wannabe/Poser

Distinctions
VOM 
Default Great Scot

Its is nice to see an Army that knows how to fight. If our guys did that they would probably be Courts Martialed for war crimes.
Old 05-25-2004, 07:52 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Lt,

It's "To Kill Without Mercy!" as I recall. I agree.....have rounds, no need for bayonet.

Sid, Yep, cruel and unusual killing. By the way, I know you were busy with the PsychoVets campout....but still haven't received the 3 mugs I ordered. Do we need to do that again or do you have the info?

Packman

Old 05-25-2004, 08:01 AM

Nice job!
Old 05-25-2004, 08:25 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Packo :

Great story !! My relatives are from the MacNichol clan.

Larry
Old 05-25-2004, 09:41 AM

Distinctions
Staff VOM 
Cool Last of the Pikemen

What I always remembered about bayonet fighting was: ?There are only two kinds of bayonet fighters, the quick and the dead.? You just never know when your going to run into the King James Bible.

I sort of got all turned on by the idea of just once being in a bayonet fight while learning the moves in Basic. Yeah, another example of "dumb kid". However after we got to AIT they issued us M-16?s, it didn?t seem quite as interesting. Then in Vietnam, the first 18 months I never saw a bayonet. Didn?t see one till I got to Saigon. Course Saigon and Ton Sun Nuht was where they really needed them.

Hats off to the Brits, too bad there wasn?t a camera crew there.

Stay healthy,
Andy
Old 05-25-2004, 09:55 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Scots are some hardy bastards, no error, one of the most far travelling of the warlike tribes, too. Well I guess you have to be when youre wearing a skirt.
I have some scotch ancestry also, English, too who are some more hardy bastards, together, them and the Scots pretty much conquered a good sized part of the world.
And the ones who gave them the most trouble were the Germans and thats the rest of my ancestry. Rest asured, my ancestors probably slaughtered each other. Both sides in the CW also.
Talk about your troublemakers--these were folks who thought they knew how to rule the world and took a pretty good stab at doing it..

James
Old 05-25-2004, 10:10 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Larry,

We ar Ku Klux. (Just kidding)

Forbes here and Robertson. I still have relatives in Scotland, and one practices medicine in Cambridge, UK. (NOT MASS!)

McPacko

Old 05-25-2004, 11:46 AM

Distinctions
POM Contributor 

Thomas Jefferson, Kentucky Resolutions of 1798: "In questions of power then, let no more be heard of confidence in man, but bind him down from mischief by the chains of the Constitution."