The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-15-2008, 08:36 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default To Drill Or Not To Drill???

Faced with the fact that our international oil producing friends are out to bury us, our politicians still are not missing a beat!

Arising early this morning as I usually do, I caught part of a program in which Republicans and Democrats were facing off on the energy crisis. One side insisted that increased production was the panacea, while the other stuck by the need to preserve!

Well, like it or not, the human race is parasitic by nature. We feed off of death, be it by virtue of the meat (and even vegetation) that we consume, the death occurred in war, or the inherent need of some to thrive off of the hardships of others!

In a way, oil production as well exists because of death. The vegetation and animal remains that went into the construction of oil is certainly not a product of the living, now is it? And the real problem as I see it, and this was born out by this political face off this morning, is that the two political parties still value their affluence over the common good and need! In other words, we elect vultures to public office, as these critters too, feed off of death, and they, like many a politico, care not who supplies the meal!

With massive oil deposits of our own, be it in shale or crude, our current dependence upon foreign imports is more a matter of greed than necessity, in my opinion! And this morning, I saw several political types, gathered around a table, like piranha at a free banquet, still attempting to mislead the public with their confused rhetoric, instead of genuinely addressing this national emergency, and an emergency it is!

The words: “Then let them eat cake, often attributed to Marie Antoinette, definitely came to mind!” A statement that seems to be just as true now for those who wield the power as it was some two plus centuries ago, when Marie Antoinette (November 2, 1755 – October 16, 1793) was reported to have uttered the very same words, and with the same callous disdain and slobbering greed I might add (another opinion on my part)!!

Regardless of our potential for energy independence, one thing is for sure - “The oil companies are going to bleed us out of very last buck they can, closely followed by the food industry, and the speculators whose only endearing quality (again in my opinion) is greed and self-satiation at any cost, including our national survival!”

This may not be a shooting war, but it still promises to leave many Americans destitute or even dead of exposure, especially come next winter when our poor and elderly can not afford the fuel to heat their homes, or when our Middle Classes must choose between feeding their kids or gasoline to take them to and from work!

As for those flatulistic bonvivants, you can bet your backside that they won’t miss a beat, or a heaping helping of steak and bubbly, worrying about you and yours!

Now I have no problem with a guy making a buck, or even a small fortune for that matter! What I object to is when the bums lie and cheat to get there, have no concerns for their fellow man and “Our Country“, or strive, cheat, lie and steal to rake in every last dime that was ever minted, with absolutely no concern for anyone or anything else, including their own immortal soul!

“The United States is still our home, and by God, no entity, foreign or domestic alike, should be allowed or permitted to destroy it for something as petty as vast fortune alone!” And from what I saw on the tube this morning, there are many out there (especially in big oil and indigent politics) to whom the survival of our way of life takes a back seat to greed, avarice, and their own self-perceived right to fart through silken sheets! “Crass, but unfortunately true none the less!”

Is it too much to expect our elected government to act in the best interest of those who pay their exorbitant salaries? Does many of our political officials really believe that “We The People” are all that stupid as to allow them to destroy us piecemeal, as they are currently doing with gas and food prices?

With unemployment on the fast track, oil prices still rising, and elections nearing, maybe it is time to send the message again that “We Are Mad As Hell, And We Ain’t Going To Take Much More”, within the law of course!

“Vote the bums out, and vote no more bums in!” And last but not least, if any politico, regardless of political affiliation, fails to deliver upon his promises, is overly vested, or is proven to be a liar, legally throw the bum out of office! It is not only our right, it is our duty as Americans!

As Abraham Lincoln said, away back in about 1861: “This country, with its institutions, belongs to the people who inhabit it. Whenever they shall grow weary of the existing government, they can exercise their constitutional right of amending it!”

A government, any government, is empowered by it’s people to act in their behalf and general welfare. Bringing us to a screeching halt by curtailing or severely limiting energy supplies, especially in critical times like this, is not only counter productive, it is also severely damaging, if not nearly fatal, to our entire economy!

“Again, these are but my own personal opinions!”

VERITAS (The Truth, As I See It)
Old 06-17-2008, 06:27 AM

Well I can solve the oil problem if we are not allowed to drill. We as in the U.S. grow most of the worlds food. So let them eat crude instead of food and stick to it. Then see how fast oil prices come down.

Rebel

It is the Good Lord\'s job to forgive Osama if he wishes to. It is the U.S. Military\'s job to arrange the MEETING.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 08:04 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 

Rebel

You are saying the same thing that I have been saying for years. If we are indeed the bread basket of the world, then let us use our primary weapon [food] to bring these oil producers to their knees. If some of the domestic producers are involved, then may be a tall oak and a strong length of hemp should be applied. These people are without a doubt traitors of the vilest kind. Just look at them and you can see the green squiggly lines emanating from their flatulent bodies. They are the lowest of the low, in my opinion and what is worse they don't care. The words "Scum-Bags" definitely comes to mind, in my opinion.
Old 06-17-2008, 09:08 AM
Super Moderator

Distinctions
VOM Staff Contributor 

America can drill all they want but the Middle Eastern companies and the oil companies owned by those countries will hold the American people in the palm of their greedy little paw. America built those countries and now we're just "infidels" to them who doesn't worship their God. Their Jehad against America and any other country that doesn't bow down with and to them promises everything that we ever labored and bled for belongs to them. To Mohamad go the spoils.
As far as food for oil goes that dog don't hunt no more either. Go to the grocery store and price a gallon of milk, a pound of tomatos, an apple and did I mention that there's flooding going on in the main bread basket of America and todays food is bargain priced compared to where it will be in a month or two.
Drill more within our borders? Can't refine what we drill now since the only refinary that's been built in the past 35 years in America was built to replace a refinary that was lost in a hurricane and that refinary was built with your and my tax dollar in FEMA, Federal Emergency Management funds and Marathon Oil Company is bragging how they built the newest refinary in America at the cost of several billion dollar$.
Old 06-17-2008, 10:26 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

What I have neither heard or read in the entire process of current high prices for crude is a comprehensive proposal that might possibly represent a solution. Maybe it's because we have become such simple people that something more complex than a ham and cheese sandwich is too complicated. I would propose that we (1) immediately start construction on 10+ nuclear-powered generation stations, (2) start drilling for oil on any US site that has good potential for realistic production, (3) cease the dog-chasing-his-tail-around-the-tree myth about ethanol from corn and return corn production to either food stocks or animal stocks, (4) abandon the mythical nonsense of flouresent bulbs as any panacea, (5) remove the onerous regulations about refinery upgrades or new construction.

There are probably at least 10 other good suggestions that could be incorporated into this list, but at least this is a start. Moving us closer to energy independence would be an economically good thing, with more jobs being created in the process. Only the intellectually challenged will try to either tax us into prosperity, or regulate us into more productivity, or dictate that we save ourselves through conservation. Let freedom ring, let the drill bits sing! I would much rather hear that than the sound of carping, whining, sniveling - all those negative noises don't accomplish anything.

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote