The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Other Conflicts > Twenty First Century

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-09-2010, 07:33 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Arrow Youtuber "Jihad Jane" Indicted on Federal Terrorism Charges (Updated

Youtuber "Jihad Jane" Indicted on Federal Terrorism Charges (Updated with more MC Hammer! UPDATE/Bumped: Loved Obama; UPDATE: Plot to Kill Swedish Mohammad Cartoonist!)

UPDATED/Bumped: Scroll down for updates --- Critical update: I've just recieved word that the person Colleen was trying to kill was Swedish cartoonist Lars Vilks, who had received a death fatwa from al Qaeda last year along with an offer of a bounty for any one who would behead him. Seven immigrants in Ireland were arrested today in the same plot!
Note to media (too many inquiries to respond to all, sorry): Feel free to use images but please credit "The Jawa Report" or "YouTube Smackdown" and DO NOT HOTLINK! And would it hurt if you named the source for connecting "Jihad Jane" with the Lars Vilks murder plot? Also, you guys don't know how to link?
Images are at the end of this post. I've also added a screenshot of Colleen LaRose trying to raise funds for terrorists at one of her now defunct YouTube accounts. If you have any other information on the case, please feel free to email or drop a comment.
The takeaway from this? I have three. One, that the online supporters of jihad often become actual terrorists. Two, that some of these would-be terrorists and terrorist supporters are right here in America, maybe next door. Many more than you would like to think. Three, that many terror supporters are not immigrants or their children, but "reverts" to Islam. The problem isn't necessarily one of failure to assimilate, it is one of Islam's core doctrines -- such as "ummah" and "jihad". Perhaps not an insurmountable problem, but a serious problem nonetheless.

Freaking awesome! DOJ:
WASHINGTON – David Kris, Assistant Attorney General for National Security, and Michael L. Levy, U.S. Attorney for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania, together with Janice K. Fedarcyk, Special Agent-in-Charge of the FBI in Philadelphia, today announced the unsealing of an indictment charging Colleen R. LaRose, aka “Fatima LaRose,” aka “JihadJane,” with conspiracy to provide material support to terrorists, conspiracy to kill in a foreign country, making false statements to a government official and attempted identity theft.

The indictment charges that LaRose (an American citizen born in 1963 who resides in Montgomery County, Pa.) and five unindicted co-conspirators (located in South Asia, Eastern Europe, Western Europe and the United States) recruited men on the Internet to wage violent jihad in South Asia and Europe, and recruited women on the Internet who had passports and the ability to travel to and around Europe in support of violent jihad.
The indictment further charges that LaRose and her unindicted co-conspirators used the Internet to establish relationships with one another and to communicate regarding their plans, which included martyring themselves, soliciting funds for terrorists, soliciting passports and avoiding travel restrictions (through the collection of passports and through marriage) in order to wage violent jihad. The indictment further charges that LaRose stole another individual’s U.S. passport and transferred or attempted to transfer it in an effort to facilitate an act of international terrorism.
In addition, according to the indictment, LaRose received a direct order to kill a citizen and resident of Sweden, and to do so in a way that would frighten "the whole Kufar [non-believer] world." The indictment further charges that LaRose agreed to carry out her murder assignment, and that she and her co-conspirators discussed that her appearance and American citizenship would help her blend in while carrying out her plans. According to the indictment, LaRose traveled to Europe and tracked the intended target online in an effort to complete her task.
"Today’s indictment, which alleges that a woman from suburban America agreed to carry out murder overseas and to provide material support to terrorists, underscores the evolving nature of the threat we face," said David Kris, Assistant Attorney General for the National Security Division. "I applaud the many agents, analysts and prosecutors who worked on this important investigation."
"This case shows the use terrorists can and do make of the Internet," said U.S. Attorney Michael L. Levy. "Colleen LaRose and five other individuals scattered across the globe are alleged to have used the Internet to form a conspiracy to provide material support to terrorism, culminating in a direct order to LaRose to commit murder overseas. LaRose – an American citizen whose appearance was considered to be an asset because it allowed her to blend in – is charged with using the Internet to recruit violent jihadist fighters and supporters, and to solicit passports and funding. It demonstrates yet another very real danger lurking on the Internet. This case also demonstrates that terrorists are looking for Americans to join them in their cause, and it shatters any lingering thought that we can spot a terrorist based on appearance."
"This case demonstrates that the FBI and our partners in the law enforcement and intelligence communities must continue to remain vigilant in the face of the threats that America faces, in whatever form those threats may present themselves or no matter how creative those who threaten us try to be," said Special Agent-in-Charge Janice K. Fedarcyk of the Philadelphia Division of the FBI. "We must use all available technologies and techniques to root out potential threats and stop those who intend to harm us."
If convicted of the charges against her, LaRose faces a potential sentence of life in prison and a $1 million fine.
This case was investigated by the FBI’s Joint Terrorism Task Force. It is being prosecuted by Jennifer Arbittier Williams, Assistant U.S. Attorney from the Eastern District of Pennsylvania, and Matthew F. Blue, Trial Attorney from the Counterterrorism Section in the Justice Department’s National Security Division.
The public is reminded that an indictment is an accusation and a defendant is presumed innocent unless and until proven guilty.

Here's a .

UPDATE by Rusty: Wow, this is good news. You may remember that we've had a long, er, "relationship" with Jihad Jane. To be honest, Colleen seemed more of a loser and a nut than someone who would actually be involved in worldwide jihad. But I suppose that since I am constantly reminding people that "nut" and "jihadi" are not mutually exclusive terms that perhaps I should have heeded my own cautionary warnings?
Howie used to have fun here behind the scenes digging up old pictures of her wearing slutty outfits (not good, trust me) and boozing it up with her red neck buddies (before she took the veil). [You still have that pic Howie? Update: See pics below]
Anyway, good riddance Colleen. Watch out for the corn hole. I hear that Colleen is the first American woman since 9/11 to be indicted on terrorism related charges. Can any one verify that? [UPDATE: This is hitting the MSM now. This Fox News report says Colleen is the only American woman other than terror lawyer Lynn Stewart to be charged in the GWOT. And Stewart's crimes were nowhere near as bad as Celleen's. Thanks to he-who-may-be-testifying-at-Colleen's-trial-and-therefore-will-remain-nameless-here.]
And congrats to the Zionist Intertube Spies who detected Colleen's scheme to raise money for terrorist groups through her twitter account. You know who I'm talking about.
UPDATE: Maggie says that Jihad Jane was working with members of the Somali Shabaab, which would make sense given a) her known connection with a certain forum (which I won't mention by name) used by Shabaab b) the Sweden connection (Shabaab used to run their official website out of Sweden and there is a very large and very radical Somali expat community there).
It's time to break out Hammer!

UPDATE: Ok, so I'm reading the indictment. There is a lot going on here. In addition to her calls for violent jihad on YouTube and her raising of money for terrorism at her Twitter account, she apparently met someone online who claimed to be connected to terror in some way. He then asked her move to Europe and then to marry him as a way for him to get residency in Sweden (lucky him!). [Update: This would be him: "Wahab Ali". Notice that he has two albums devoted to her and an announcement on his homepage "About Me" section that they are going to be married. Her Hi5 account is gone, but her comments to him are still at his page]

Another interesting thing is this:
On or about August 21, 2009, defendant COLLEEN R. LAROSE, a/k/a “Fatima LaRose,” a/k/a “JihadJane,” sent an electronic communication to CC #1 stating, “i will be away from here in a couple days . . . . Then . . . , I will get to work on importan[]t matters.”
24. On or about August 23, 2009, defendant COLLEEN R. LAROSE, a/k/a
“Fatima LaRose,” a/k/a “JihadJane,” traveled to Europe with the intent to live and train with jihadists, and to find and kill RS #1
Note that this was the same week that Howie posted that Jihad Jane had announced her retirement from YouTube. She had graduated from eHadi to terrorist in training.

UPDATE: More from the indictment. She claimed she was going to kill someone:
31. On or about September 30, 2009, defendant COLLEEN R. LAROSE, a/k/a “Fatima LaRose,” a/k/a “JihadJane,” sent an electronic communication to CC #3, stating that LAROSE considers it “an honour & great pleasure to die or kill for” CC #3, and pledging that “only death will stop me here that i am so close to the target!”
UPDATE: Three things of note in this update. First, Gerald reminds me that Colleen also went by a number of aliases, including "Colleen Cavazos and Colleen R Cavazos". He also reminds me that one of her online boyfriends once dumped her publicly. Yeah, I was sooo saddened by that.

Also, Howie grabbed this screenshot of her old YouTube page in which she praises Obama back in May 2008, before the election. Back then, a lot of the tamer online jihadis had great things to say about the One. Now? Not so much.

UPDATE 17 Here is her DailyMotion account which, unlike her YouTube accounts, are still up (do we need to start a DailMotion Smackdown Corps?). Notice the videos she's favorited and in her playlist. All jihad related.
And I notice she has an account over at Islamic Tube as well.
And her MySpace account. Thank Allah for the burqa! (and thanks to celebrimbor for the tip).
End of story UPDATE (Sticky at bottom of post): Howie kept the photos of Jihad Jane that we've been mocking for years in our private back room run by the Pentavarite and known only as "The Sandcrawler". Personally, I think Howie had the hots for her. He's into that "type" of chick.
I'm putting the photos below the fold.
Jihad Jane at the beach.

Jihad Jane at the docks (Boston?)(Update: Maybe Philly?) UPDATE: "it is I, from the Netherlands" identifies this as Amsterdam. I think he's right. Another photo clearly shows her at the Rijksmuseum in Amsterdam.

And last Jihad Jane finally giving us a good reason to support the veil -- to cover up the skankiness!

Update: Some more photos from Andrea. If you look carefully in the background you'll see she's in front of a museum. Am I wrong, or does the spelling look Scandinavian?
UPDATE: Nope, that's the Rijksmuseum in Amsterdam -- thanks to "it is I, from the Netherlands").

And here's a pic of her leathered out on a motorcycle. I think this one kind of illustrates just how un-jihadi she could appear if she wanted to. The indictment clearly indicates that the fact that she was white and could blend in was an asset to the plot.

UPDATE: Here's a screenshot taken by Andrea of Jihad Jane's "MSWIIDKAT" (fitting) YouTube account showing her asking for money for terrorists in Pakistan. It's mentioned in the indictment.

And here's one from Dan Riehl running in the MSM and which looks like the mugshot but which I call "dude looks like a lady".

And my favorite image from her MySpace page? No, not the one of her cat which is apparently called "Mr. Klaus van Gorman". Not even the various pics of herself all burkad up. Nor the various free Palestine, Hamas, or even al Qaeda in Chechnya. No, this takes the cake and kind of tells the whole story.

http://mypetjawa.mu.nu/archives/201478.php

sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-10-2010, 01:19 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Thumbs up

I turned in Colleen "Jihad Jane" LaRose to the FBI -- A Jawa Report Exclusive

***Exclusive***Sticky***
Here is The Jawa Report's exclusive report* from the person who notified the FBI about Colleen "Jihad Jane" La Rose's online activities in support of terrorism.
There have been so many media inquiries made to The Jawa Report and YouTube Smackdown about our involvement in the "Jihad Jane" case. We here at The Jawa Report and the YouTube Smackdown Corps were involved to varying degrees in tracking and "smacking down" her various YouTube videos and accounts. By "smacking down" we mean we helped with an organized campaign to "flag" terrorist propaganda videos uploaded to YouTube in an effort to have those videos removed.

Howie and Stable Hand at the Jawa Report, for instance, were much more active in following Colleen -- who in addition to calling herself "Jihad Jane" also used the name "Fatima LaRose".

Andrea, Sabby, The Bartender, Celebrimbor, & Lam from the Smackdown Corps also followed Jihad Jane over the years. And Star CMC was instrumental both in the Corps and in enlisting the help of members of the Free Republic forum for various YouTube smackdowns.

But one individual in particular decided that Colleen's pro-terrorism videos and statements crossed a line last year. I think we all thought of Colleen as pathetic and perhaps deranged. But at some time a year or more ago she also caught this person's attention and they made the judgment that Colleen was also dangerous.

This is their story:
I initially started on youtube with a channel dedicated to performing arts. Due to some disturbing comments I received on videos of Middle East Performing Arts by some so-called fanatical muslims posting comments such as, "if this were my sister I could kill her" or "if I ever if I ever see this girl I will rape her", I decided to open up a new channel and investigate further where this blind hatred for women in Middle East Performing Arts came from.

"I came to know her as a middle aged sociopath woman desperate for love, lonely and isolated"
One thing lead to another and the next thing I knew, I was dealing with fanatical's such as JihadJane/FatimaLaRose whose real identity was later revealed as Colleen LaRose. I noted this woman's dedication to Osama Bin Laden and her extreme hatred to the U.S. and all those who were not muslim wishing death upon us as well as favoriting and commenting on every terrorist video on youtube posting comments such as "you are doing a good job". Over the course of approximately 1 1/2 years we exchanged comments on youtube in reference to her fanatical beliefs, at times me becoming her main rival which drew attention from others who were monitoring her, mainly the Youtube SmackDown group who were responsible for removing many terrorist vids from youtube.

Bit by bit I learned more about Colleen through her comments or by all the information she recklessly left about herself on the web. I came to know her as a middle aged sociopath woman desperate for love, lonely and isolated, with a deep hatred for the U.S. blaming them for all her problems. She claimed her conversion to Islam was related to meeting a Muslim while on vacation in Holland who somehow made her feel special which became her quest to find a much younger wealthy Muslim husband as evident by her other website accounts with photos of possible husbands including one with stashes of cash piled around his body. Many of her comments revealed a possible husband, much younger than her, and her typical excited giggles plus questions on visa websites asking how to get this possible husband to her. All of this later revealed in searches on the web after she became radicalized.

"I noted this woman's dedication to Osama Bin Laden"

Since Fatima metamorphosed into the perfect recruit, her previous internet activity was easy to track which she listed her real name, birth date, location, and even online pictures of herself. She was the perfect recruit for extremist; lonely, isolated, blaming others for her problems, in the middle of a midlife crisis, and upset that she had to care for her elderly mother. She lashed out and converted to Islam then used this as an excuse to lash out further at society for being at fault for her problems and citing her elderly mother she had to care for who did not approve of her conversion.

Fast track to the period I came to know Colleen, she had already become radicalized. Due to her radical postings in support of Osama Bin Laden claiming him as her Sheik and idolizing 9/11 coupled with our internet encounters, I soon became friends with the group that was tracking internet terrorism - YoutubeSmackDown. We started sharing information since Colleen became their main source for finding terrorist videos on youtube since she was the main source for favoriting them.

During this period we all noticed Colleen becoming more terroristic with the U.S. for her personal problems and more fanatical in her beliefs. Many of these members had never heard of me and I had never heard of them before. However it soon became a joint effort since we watched a potential terrorist comint to life on youtube becoming more radicalized as days went on and more of a real threat to the U.S.

[Colleen in Amsterdam] "She claimed her conversion to Islam was related to meeting a Muslim while on vacation in Holland who somehow made her feel special"

Colleen went from being angry at the U.S. as a sociopath blaming them for all her problems in life to actually contacting real terrorist plotting terroristic threats against the U.S. Although Youtube Smackdown was responsible for removing most of her terrorist accounts, she remained determined to create more accounts on youtube promoting terrorism against the U.S. and grew more of a following of real terrorist as time went on, joining online terrorist websites and promoting them on her youtube channels.

When she finally made an account which she actively solicited funds for the Pakistan Mujaheddin, which at this point I knew she had acquired the contacts for, I knew she had become a real threat for our safety and had officially violated U.S. Federal Law. It was time to report her. This being in July 2009
I formally called the FBI in Philadelphia to report her.

"Colleen went from being angry at the U.S. as a sociopath blaming them for all her problems in life to actually contacting real terrorist plotting terroristic threats against the U.S."

Without the combined effort of Youtube Smackdown and members of that group which I did not know on a personal basis until our combined efforts of exposing Colleen, none of this would of taken place. Most of us still remain anonymous to each other except for a few group contacts that collaborated this effort and exchanged much information in tracking Colleen on the web. This was a group effort that deserves more pats on the back than just my story with many more plain citizens with their own stories watching out for the U.S. and our safety and security who phase into my story on how we all came together to bring down a terrorist and watched her metamorphosis a terrorist on youtube.

Thanks to so many anonymous that we all came together to bring a terrorist down and the real life story of how it evolved.

We are plain citizens of the U.S. Without us, the FBI may of never been onto her.

Wish to remain Anonymous and special thanks to the Youtube Smackdown Group. We did a good job here.
*Media: Please cite "The Jawa Report" when referencing this article or information.

http://mypetjawa.mu.nu/archives/201487.php

sendpm.gif Reply With Quote