The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Conflict posts > Iraqi Freedom

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-19-2009, 06:48 PM

Distinctions
POM Contributor 
Lightbulb Big Savings...

Save Tibet, Save Darfur, save the freaking whales I read as I drove in the rain soaked streets around Washington DC. Although I noticed many stickers on cars that forced their intentions to save one thing or another I thought, man these people are so deep in the forest they can’t even see the trees.

for the rest of the story click on link to One Marines View found here:

http://www.onemarinesview.com/one_marines_view/2009/05/big-savings.html#more

Thomas Jefferson, Kentucky Resolutions of 1798: "In questions of power then, let no more be heard of confidence in man, but bind him down from mischief by the chains of the Constitution."
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-20-2009, 06:44 AM

Default Stickers

I've heard many of these folks with stickers on their cars did not put them on themselves in many cases. These groups run around tagging vehicles to get their point out.

As for Gitmo issues - I see a need for an isolated detention areas. These are bad folks and in the future - I would tell our boys to just knock them off rather than try to get data out of them and then be called on the carpet for doing something illegal to get that information.

It's difficult today for many folks who've never served to know what kind of brutality happens during a conflict. War is hell and should be treated like hell. Do unto others before they do it to you. I have no guilt feelings regarding our procedures infact I recall some some in VN procedures that were down right good at getting information out of the bad guys.

If you want to start a fight you'd better be ready to follow through on it. The faster you get the bad guys out of the picture the better. I salute our troops on their efforts to get this data.

We are American's - and we've fought in some good battles since our days of conception. The French and Indian wars were ugly - The Civil War was no pic-nick. and both World Wars saw many terrible things. If you are going to start a fight or procastinate one - be ready for the issues at hand - fighting to the death if need be.

Torture has been around for a long time. Some much more brutal then others. Bad guys are bad guys - they wouldn't hesitate to put you to the knife or much worse.

The media is ripping this issue up because it sells and makes profits. Reporting of such things sells.

If these folks were on the line or lost some good friends I wonder how they would feel about getting that information if they thought it would help stop these types of things from happening.

Man fights Man every day. Man kills Man - everyday. It's a way of life and until it stops - it will go on until this world ends. Its an ugly system - we humans have put forth - having wars and conflicts that do so much damage to one another. Once it starts - its very difficult to stop as all the pain and suffering done to one another - takes generations to resolve during and after the fact.

Accept this a normal - until another way is found.

O Almighty Lord God, who neither slumberest nor sleepest; Protect and assist, we beseech thee, all those who at home or abroad, by land, by sea, or in the air, are serving this country, that they, being armed with thy defence, may be preserved evermore in all perils; and being filled with wisdom and girded with strength, may do their duty to thy honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote