The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Conflict posts > Korea

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-13-2013, 04:21 AM
Super Moderator

Distinctions
VOM Staff Contributor 
Unhappy Here we go again?

I spent three weeks in South Korea in 1966. Temporary duty, TDY at the Eighth Army Headquarters in Seoul. I had the opportunity to spend a good bit of my short time there with Koreans in the headquarters building and naturally we talked about the short but vicious war the South Koreans had with the North Koreans and the subsiquent division of the country. The people that I spoke with seemed to think that the war with the communist of the North were just hibernating, it hadn't ended yet. The country was still at war.
In Korea my commanding officer was British and I was not in the United States Army, I was assigned to United Nations Forces and it was the United Nations that negotiated the truce between the North and the South but today the North is producing television advertisments that show North Korean airplanes attacking Americans in America. Why?
America's already spread thin with its armed forces are "defending" in the Middle East. We are NOT fighting to win, we're fighting to hold ground and are we going to do the same again in South Korea soon when North Korea has already declared its intensions and advertised who their enemy is? Just look at the Stars and Stripes in their advertisments.
Sponsored Links
Old 03-13-2013, 12:26 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 

Stick,
Both: "There's no substitute for Victory!" & "Stalemates resolve Nothing!" are absolutely correct.

Plus, General Douglas MacArthur was obviously correct, also.

Neil
Old 11-18-2015, 07:13 AM

NK is still radical - they want something they can't have. Their leaders are extremist with ideals that are corrupt and their people mean little to them. They are dangerous only from the stand-point that they now have serious weapons and could do many harm. We didn't finish the job because I believe China was backing them then? I'm not sure now but they (China) are using them a cushion should another war breakout. My neighbor served in Korea and still has contact with some of his SK counter-parts over there.

Ideology and history seem to factor into many of these conflicts (wars). Fear of their
leaders drives the insane attitudes and if not followed - will require brain-washing or
firing squads. The little people always suffer the issues demanded by their leaders.

The prisons are full of those who tried to alter the system or were pawns to maintain
that other's would know the penalty for not following the leader's issues.

The same applies to ISIS and some other radicals all over the world. It's a sickness
that has to be eliminated at the core with the leaders to pay the ultimate price for
this endeavor.

Have you noticed there are very few Big Brother's who want step up to the plate to knock down these bad guys. The constant issues and conflicts persist year after year. Sneak attacks seem to keep the world in a unbalanced state. It's easy to put fear into people and hard to prevent these underground killers.

I struggle to understand why there is so much discontent in the world. Maybe HC can help me understand why its so prevalent and ongoing year after year.

I support our troops and "always will" but I suffer for them having to deal with these issues year after year. Letter's home to families - that your son or daughter are missing or have been killed. This is part of the service related possibilities we all know that.
Men or women die even from accidents while in the service - we can relate to that and only hope we can learn from that incident to prevent others from suffering that end result.

If we ever (and I know we will) get into another war we must ensure that we spend whatever resources we have to maintain that our goals are met. That the sacrifices suffered are worth every life or injury sustained. I'm sick of all the wounded and dead
being reported. There has to be a better way then kill or be killed. We've lost many friends and family to these battle's for peace and justice. Any yet each year it starts
all over again.

O Almighty Lord God, who neither slumberest nor sleepest; Protect and assist, we beseech thee, all those who at home or abroad, by land, by sea, or in the air, are serving this country, that they, being armed with thy defence, may be preserved evermore in all perils; and being filled with wisdom and girded with strength, may do their duty to thy honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote