The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > Warriors Saloon

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-17-2002, 10:10 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Talking Bernie

Came up for our West Coast Campout last year. She is a sweetheart inspite of the Company she keeps .
Thats right you are in the Bay area. In the spring 1964 I worked at Ames research center at Moffet Field there at Palto Alto. Lockheed had massive computer there in Sunnyvale at that time. I believe it was about three stories high and a block long. And it wasn't as powerful as the typical PC of today. That would be fun to have another campout.

Keith
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-17-2002, 10:18 AM

Yes, it will be fun. I look forward to catching a Trout and spending time with good people.
Old 12-17-2002, 11:39 AM

Distinctions
Special Projects POM Staff Contributor 

Ya Ya Keith/Chris - this time we do a little fishing up there in the woods? Last year was a such a great time, so great to meet everyone in person to went way to fast!! April/May which ever.... May was nice & warm at night - not sure how cold under the stars in April. Buuurrrrr. David & I will be glad to make the treck again for sure!! This time the dog is coming!!! I will mention it to the pops - I think he is looking to complete the four corners trip on the goldwing he had to cut short last time. Count us In!
Old 12-18-2002, 06:20 AM

Default No Skunk

Our son, through a stinky personal experience, has verified that this simple recipe for a mixture to eliminate skunk smell works a hell of a lot better than the old tomato juice routine. The smell was gone immediately. It works on both animals and people. (We didn't try it on clothing, but who knows?)

1 Quart 3% hydrogen peroxide
1/4 Cup baking soda
1 Teaspoon liquid soap

Jeff
Old 12-18-2002, 11:54 AM

Jeff,

I've never had the misfortune of running into one of those rascals. If I do, your recommended treatment will be the first I try.

Believe it or not, there are some people who keep skunks for pets. :re:
Old 12-18-2002, 12:10 PM

Keith,

The computer you described sounds like a monster. Moffett Field is a hop/skip away from me. Silicon Valley has changed immensely since '64. You won't find too many vacant parcels of land. I work in the heart of Silicon Valley. We were the first to be hit by the recession and will be the last to recover. Many are still losing their jobs. I've had many friends affected by the layoffs. It's been a bad time for many.

A campout sounds fantastic. You mentioned it will still be cold in April. How cold? As the time grows near, you'll need to provide us Cali folks a clothing and equipment list.

Philly
Old 12-30-2002, 04:58 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to Hoyin

Hey all...when is this campout going to be??? I wont be back from the frozen north until the end of June and I would really really really love to get together with you guys for the campout!
If you cant change times ..well I'll live. BUT ....well....arrrrrrrrrrrgh.
I miss you all.
CHRIS! Were are my emails? I wrote you.....where'd you go?
*hugs*
Hoyin