The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Closed Thread

Old 06-19-2006, 09:32 AM
Banned

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default 2 -101st guys captured

Friday enening two 101st guys were captured by Alkada in Iraq.
Pause
Pause
Pause.

What ever happens to those two should hapen to ALL prisoners in CUBA. And ,,,,, Very publicly.

Ron
Sponsored Links
Old 06-19-2006, 09:47 AM

These boys were from the 101 at fort Cambell I hope they are O.K.
Group Claims It Kidnapped U.S. Soldiers
More Than 8,000 Search for Missing GIs in Iraq

BAGHDAD, Iraq (June 19) - An umbrella group that includes al-Qaida in Iraq claimed in a Web statement Monday that it had kidnapped two U.S. soldiers reported missing south of Baghdad. There was no immediate confirmation that the statement was credible, although it appeared on a Web site often used by al-Qaida-linked groups.

U.S. officials have said they were trying to confirm whether the missing soldiers were kidnapped.

"Your brothers in the military wing of the Mujahedeen Shura Council kidnapped the two American soldiers near Youssifiya," the group said in a statement posted on an Islamic Web site.

The Web site did not name the soldiers.

The soldiers were reported missing Friday after insurgents attacked a checkpoint. The Defense Department identified the missing men as Pfc. Kristian Menchaca, 23, of Houston, and Pfc. Thomas L. Tucker, 25, of Madras, Ore.

The soldier who was killed was identified as Spc. David J. Babineau, 25, of Springfield, Mass. The three were assigned to the 1st Battalion, 502nd Infantry Regiment, 2nd Brigade, 101st Airborne Division (Air Assault), Fort Campbell, Ky.

The U.S. military said Monday that seven American troops have been wounded, three insurgents have been killed and 34 detained during an intensive search for the soldiers.

Maj. Gen. William Caldwell, a spokesman for U.S. forces in Iraq, said fighter jets, unmanned aerial vehicles and dive teams had been deployed to find the two men. They went missing Friday during an attack on their checkpoint in the volatile Sunni area south of Baghdad that left one of their comrades dead.

"We have surged intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance platforms and employed planes, boats, helicopters and UAVs to ensure the most thorough search possible on the ground, in the air and in the water," Caldwell said in a statement issued Monday.

Caldwell said more than 8,000 U.S. and Iraqi troops were participating in the search.

"While searching for our soldiers, we have engaged in a number of significant actions against the anti-Iraqi forces," he said, adding that three insurgents had been killed and 34 taken into custody.

He also said the military had received 63 tips and had launched 12 cordon and search operations, eight air assaults and 280 flight hours were logged.

"Approximately 12 villages have been cleared in the area, and we continue to engage local citizens for help and information leading to the whereabouts of our soldiers," he said, without elaborating.

6/19/2006 08:54:29

http://articles.news.aol.com/news/ar...00010000000001
sendpm.gif
Old 06-19-2006, 12:01 PM

I heard it was a set up. They were attacked and some of the bad guys took off with to Hum Vee's in persuit and the 3rd one was bush wacket when they left.

O Almighty Lord God, who neither slumberest nor sleepest; Protect and assist, we beseech thee, all those who at home or abroad, by land, by sea, or in the air, are serving this country, that they, being armed with thy defence, may be preserved evermore in all perils; and being filled with wisdom and girded with strength, may do their duty to thy honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"
sendpm.gif
Old 06-19-2006, 12:26 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

In reading the newsreport, it said another soldier is still MIA from sometime ago.

Larry
Old 06-19-2006, 04:31 PM

Woodchuck
8 Point
Member # 3984

posted 06-19-2006 12:36 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I saw that in the paper yesterday. Very sad.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posts: 1016 | From: Central Square, NY | Registered: Sep 2004 | IP: Logged |

4forabuck
6 Point
Member # 682

posted 06-19-2006 05:29 PM
yes very sad.
but I would like to ask there comand why there was only 3 guys at a check point in that area? why wasnt there an NCO there? are we still playing this game of doing more with less? if that is the case then our troops are getting the raw end of the deal if we are maning check points in that area with only 3 Joe's. I spent a few months there last year and was not happy with what I seen while there. the troops did there jobs but the ones I had a problem with was the command I seen there and what they let the GI's get away with. 1 thing that just blowed my mind was to walk in to a spam and see wepons without anyone around. that to me goes back on the command if you ask me, and being a GI for a few years myself I know those young GI's will only do what the command wil let them get away with.
my prayers go got for those GI's everyday, may God bless them all.
Posts: 532 | From: clarksville TN | Registered: Sep 2000 | IP: Logged |

DEER ASSASSIN
16 Point
Member # 2981

posted 06-19-2006 06:13 PM

--------------------
IF YOU CANT HANG EM ON THE WALL
HANG EM BETWEEN YOUR TEETH !!!!

Posts: 17267 | From: KINGSTON SPRINGS TN | Registered: Aug 2003 | IP: Logged |

Locksley
12 Point
Member # 1548

posted 06-19-2006 06:38 PM
The news reports that 8,000 people are searching for the hostages . It does seem that 3 men is not enough for a watch post in that place.

http://www.tndeer.com/cgi-bin/ultima...=002115#000005
sendpm.gif
Old 06-20-2006, 04:11 AM
Banned

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default Lock

They had an NCO and I wouldn't blame command. The weapons laying around on a base in a combat zone is what happens, It would not be a good idea to have to go somewhere and check out a weapon if under attack. Whos going to steal it , another GI, he has his own, Maybe a reporter, then they should be shot.
The guys were reacting to there friend being shot. But it seems to me that they were under equipt. They should have picked up the hand held TOW and took out the vehicle that they were chaseing and called for help while fireing. But I wasn't there so what they did, they did, now we need to tear the country apart and find them. Bring all the prisoners from Cuba to bagdad and start beheading them one by one, in the city square, until we have our guys back.
Ron
Old 06-20-2006, 05:23 AM
Banned

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default Two guys found

Dead and signs of Torture.
Them people should be glade that Im not in charge. Id get the ones who done this if I had to use a nucular weapon. F-um.
Ron
Old 06-20-2006, 05:49 AM

My regrets to the family having to hear this on the TV - I can only hope our people broke the news to them before the media. My respects to those family members who've lost a loved one.

To all the troopers who put their lives on the line each day you have my respect them for service to your country.

Once again Memorial Day will once more gain two more souls to remember each and every year. God give them the peace they fought so hard to keep.

O Almighty Lord God, who neither slumberest nor sleepest; Protect and assist, we beseech thee, all those who at home or abroad, by land, by sea, or in the air, are serving this country, that they, being armed with thy defence, may be preserved evermore in all perils; and being filled with wisdom and girded with strength, may do their duty to thy honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"
sendpm.gif
Old 06-20-2006, 08:07 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 

Sure hope these troopers are okay. If they are murdered by these idiots then we should retalitate with the likes never seen before in Iraq. If you are in the way when we search you are a goner, so stay of our way.

If your going to suceed your going to have to know how to deal with failure. (Joe Torre).
sendpm.gif
Old 06-20-2006, 08:38 AM

Two Missing U.S. Soldiers Found Dead in Iraq
Bodies Show Signs of Torture and 'Barbaric' Killing
By KIM GAMEL, AP

BAGHDAD, Iraq (June 20) - The bodies of two U.S. soldiers reported captured last week have been recovered, and an Iraqi official said Tuesday the men were "killed in a barbaric way." Al-Qaida in Iraq claimed responsibility for killing the soldiers, and said the successor to slain terror leader Abu Musab al-Zarqawi had "slaughtered" them, according to a Web statement that could not be authenticated.

The language in the statement suggested the men had been beheaded.

U.S. Maj. Gen. William Caldwell confirmed that the remains, found late Monday by American troops, were believed to be those of Pfc. Kristian Menchaca, 23, of Houston, and Pfc. Thomas L. Tucker, 25, of Madras, Ore.

Caldwell said the cause of death was "undeterminable at this point," and that DNA tests would be conducted to confirm the identities.

The two disappeared after a deadly insurgent attack Friday at a checkpoint by a Euphrates River canal south of Baghdad. The checkpoint was in the Sunni Arab region known as the "Triangle of Death" because of frequent ambushes there of U.S. soldiers and Iraqi troops.

The director of the Iraqi defense military's operation room, Maj. Gen. Abdul-Aziz Mohammed, said the bodies showed signs of having been tortured. "With great regret, they were killed in a barbaric way," he said.

Menchaca and Tucker were taken Friday. Spc. David J. Babineau, 25, of Springfield, Mass., was killed.

The three men were assigned to the 1st Battalion, 502nd Infantry Regiment, 2nd Brigade, 101st Airborne Division from Fort Campbell, Kentucky.

"The news is going to be heartbreaking for my family," Menchaca's uncle, Ken MacKenzie, told NBC's "Today" show.

He said the United States should have paid a ransom for the two soldiers from money seized from Saddam Hussein.

"I think the U.S. was too slow to react to this," MacKenzie said. "Because the U.S. did not have a plan in place, my nephew has paid with his life."

The director of the Iraqi defense military's operation room, Maj. Gen. Abdul-Aziz Mohammed, said the two bodies were found on a street near the town Youssifiyah, close to the scene of the attack.

A search involving more than 8,000 Iraqi and American troops turned up nothing over the weekend, but troops searching for the soldiers killed three suspected insurgents and detained 34 in fighting that also left seven U.S. servicemen wounded, Caldwell said.

A farmer claiming to have witnessed the attack told The Associated Press on Sunday that insurgents swarmed the checkpoint, killing the driver of a Humvee before taking two of his comrades captive.

Ahmed Khalaf Falah said three Humvees were manning a checkpoint when they came under fire from many directions. Two Humvees went after the assailants but the third was ambushed before it could move.

He said seven masked gunmen, one carrying a heavy machine gun, killed the driver of the third vehicle and took the two other U.S. soldiers captive. His account could not be verified independently.

Iraqi Foreign Minister Hoshyar Zebari also said the soldiers appeared to have been taken prisoner by insurgents.

The military said Saturday that soldiers at a nearby checkpoint heard small-arms fire and explosions during the attack at 7:15 p.m. Friday, and a quick-reaction force reached the scene within 15 minutes. The force found one soldier dead but no signs of the other two.

Associated Press writer Ryan Lenz contributed to this report from Balad, Iraq.

6/20/2006 10:06:42

Copyright 2006 The Associated
http://articles.news.aol.com/news/ar...00010000000001
sendpm.gif
Closed Thread