Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-08-2003, 12:15 AM

Another Marine family member!

Welcome aboard!
Old 07-08-2003, 07:58 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Welcome aboard, have fun and enjoy the arguments, LOL.

Scamp
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2003, 08:39 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Talking Welcome Aboard

I'm the self-appointed, unofficial therapist for this site. We have poor spellers on this site, which shows some sort of need for rebellion, Guys that post CSA and don't know the Civil War is over,
We even have liberals on this site both the left coast and right coast variety beyond counseling help, I've tried but they just don't respond. We have some cops, and firemen, and ex-medics both civilian and military. WE even have a guy who supposedly was a small time politician served as mayor of his town, and claims to be a minister. Now this guy is a real sicko! The other guys will give you directions on how to avoid this sicko.

Over all this is a wonderful site.

Keith
Old 07-08-2003, 10:15 AM

Distinctions
POM Contributor 

PUWM,
Welcome aboard. Conway is a nice place. I've over-nighted there a few times on my way up to the antique place in Botkinburg. How about that Buffalo State park too....Really nice.

Chilidog
Old 07-08-2003, 10:35 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

PUWM :

yes... C.S.A only stands for one thing I am aware of. My great-grandfather's picture and his service record from the Civil War is in the gallery under my pictures...I get riled up sometimes about
that period of time. Would like to be a re-enactor, but don't have the funds. I love the South.

Larry
Old 07-08-2003, 10:37 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 

putupwithme

"Welcome To The Funny Farm!"

I remember Conway well! Back in 1982, my wife and two sons were on a trip from Fairfield (Ca) to Estell (SC). We stopped overnight at a Motel 6, tired, dirty and beat!

We settled in for the night, and walked across the road to grab a bite. We also noticed a "Piggly Wiggly" market and decided to grab some pop and snacks to take back to the room for the night, until we continued on the next morning!

I decided to grab a (rare) cold brew and asked a stock clerk where he kept the suds! The clerk gave me an odd look, so I repeated my question. The clerk promptly beat a hasty retreat, returning a short time later with two (2) cops in tow!

I was asked where I hailed from, and when I told them California (by way of Massachusetts), I was told: Oh yeah, you can even buy beer in church out there, can't ya?!"

I was then advised that if I wanted a brew, I would have to journey on down the road to Little Rock, as (at that time) y'all lived in a dry county!

As I said above, that was a rare beer. It was hot, I was tired and the road was long! However, even though I do not imbibe in the stuff, if yer ever out here in badlands, hell, stop by and I will break my rule and at least buy you a cold one! "No Cops Involved!"

In the meantime, welcome aboard and fire away!

Oh, and for the record, I have an aunt that I haven't seen in years that lives in North Little Rock (I think)!?

VERITAS
Old 07-08-2003, 12:41 PM

Howdy everyone. This seems to be the list of the moment. On lurk mode.
Old 07-08-2003, 12:55 PM

Thanks for the warm welcome and the bits of advice.

LOL---small world

Yeah, Conway is still a "dry county" I attended high school in Heber Springs many moons ago.

Do ya'll need another musician? I can supply lively entertainment on various instruments.

Yes, I'm a reenactor and musician--I play with the 52nd Regimental String band. I'm one of their new players.

www.52ndstringband.org

Thanks Keith for the offer of psychiatric help. I will call first for an appointment.

Will be in Mason City, Iowa on the 18th-20th of July playing tunes for a reenactment and their saturday night ball.

Semper Fi

puwm
Old 07-08-2003, 02:29 PM

Welcome aboard brother.
Hope your stay is a long and fruitful one.
Old 07-08-2003, 07:00 PM

Send a message via ICQ to catman Send a message via Yahoo to catman
Distinctions
Contributor VOM 

Welcome, hope you enjoy your stay but as Keith has warned you, watch these guys some are quite Psyco!!!

Trav

Godspeed and keep low!