The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-21-2009, 12:52 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Fred,..

... "To me it transcends any differences we might have. At the same time the stress of war has left us a lot of angry people sometimes with hair triggers. I think we should honor that too and respect that there are places we shouldn't go. That seems difficult or impossible for us to do and for that reason maybe it is inevitable that we descend into this chaos.
Maybe there is no way to not be alone. Maybe there is nowhere on earth where we can belong. Maybe that is the price we have to pay.",...

...Though we try not to be alone, sometimes there is no other way as the night always creeps in, and yet there is no where on earth we belong, but a select few have found solitude together on the mountain among the other living dead,...

...It's not "hoo-ray for me, and the hell with the rest of the world", here, we disagree, we agree, we cut some slack, and then there's time when nothing works, move on, or try to, but sometimes after time after time it wears real thin,...

Tom "ANDY" Andrzejczyk

sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-21-2009, 01:43 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

If I had my way there would be only one rule. Don't say anything you wouldn't say to the guy next to you in the foxhole that just saved your life and vice versa. That is the way I feel about everyone here, except for fakers.
Old 04-21-2009, 05:31 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1CAVCCO15MED View Post
Curtis, You have said it as well as it could be said. I have been concerned about the tenor of this site for some time. It is supposed to honor those who have fought and died for the greatest country that ever existed. David does a magnificent job of this. He has been so kind to furnish us a place to meet and converse and share our mutual respect for each other. The collective sum of what the persons here have done for their country is beyond measure. I honor that. To me it transcends any differences we might have. At the same time the stress of war has left us a lot of angry people sometimes with hair triggers. I think we should honor that too and respect that there are places we shouldn't go. That seems difficult or impossible for us to do and for that reason maybe it is inevitable that we descend into this chaos. Maybe there is no way to not be alone. Maybe there is nowhere on earth where we can belong. Maybe that is the price we have to pay.
Many of us have been together online for 10 years or so. Many of us have met in person and shared the good and bad of our lives together. We are a family, like it or not. What hurts any of us, hurts me as well.

I believe that the specifics of this dispute should be aired in public...here.

If someone is found at fault...they should be banned. Just IMHO.

Larry