The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Conflict posts > Vietnam

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-23-2004, 02:05 PM
Wannabe/Poser

Distinctions
VOM 
Default Received the book today

Just glanced at it but will read it tonight.
Sponsored Links
Old 01-18-2010, 05:58 PM

Attention wannabe Herndon...

File this under "Funny" in the ironic type of funny.

In this thread the wannabe Herndon was trying to discredit John Stryker Meyer, the auther of the book in question in this thread. I never knew the man, so I did some research on him. Now hold on, this will knock your socks off. It turns out that not only are all of his claims true, but he also went through the Special Forces Qualification Course and SF Commo school, as well as took the same flight to Viet Nam with none other than my old friend from Viet Nam Mr. Mike Parks, known to y'all as Farmboy.

This whole Sid Herdon story gets more and more bizarre, the more I read about him.

Robert Pryor
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 05:43 AM

This character Sid Herndon obviously went to a lot of trouble to continue his charade for so many years. In the process he has disrespected and dishonored so many bona fide veterans and especially those who were proud members of the Special Forces. I believe he deserves the ultimate punishment that any and all official or otherwise military organizations and our government can bestow on him and that this individual, this impersonator, this wannabe, Sid Herndon, should have all the public disclosure and humiliation that can be brought to bear against him. He is an example of the worst kind when it comes to these wannabes and the dishonor and disrespect that they inflict on the legacy of all honorable service in the VietNam War. I applaud the efforts and the resolve of these Special Forces veterans that represent their buddies so well with the determined and honorable defense of their legacy against the likes of these cowardly and deceitful wannabes like Sid Herndon. I hope the Stolen Valor Act and other laws prosecute this particular individual with vigor and dispense punishment fitting his calculated deception of so many years. His crimes reek of dishonor and disrespect toward those men who reside on the Wall as well as the living veterans and to me, nothing short of making an example of him to other wannabes will suffice.
Semper Fi, Scott
Old 01-19-2010, 09:25 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Just re-read all of this thread. Disgusting is just too mild a word for it.
Old 01-19-2010, 12:48 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Larry,
Me too.
I feel like I've been slimed.
Thanks for being the real deal.
(BTW: when my son got back from Afghanistan, he mentioned the package you had sent hime. Thanks for your efforts.)

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
Old 01-20-2010, 05:23 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Hey all. I have resufaced here just to add a comment to this. Scout...we were all duped so bad by this guy. He's resurfaced on 2.0 with "an explanation" as to why he not really a wannabee. It's worth the read on General Section. He's ratted out his old friend DMZ-LT and continues with his charade'. I don't ever remember reading this on this site but after James posted the link on 2.0 I had to see it. Here he besmerches a real deal SF/SOG guy and noted author. Makes me want to vomit. This slander would have nothing to do with his "undercover agent posing". And to think, I stuck my neck out as far as it would go for him.

See ya'll on 2.0, and thanks David for letting me vette this out here.

Pack

"DISSENT IS PATRIOTIC!" (unknown people for the past 8 years, my turn now)
Old 01-20-2010, 04:19 PM

I just have to jump in and leave a small note concerning my friend Tilt Meyer...who is the real deal and not a bad writer and for that POS Herndon to call this man a wannabe riles me up. Herndon aint worth the sweat off a dead NVA's balls...let alones Tilts...nuff said