Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Conflict posts > Enduring Freedom

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-04-2010, 12:58 PM

Distinctions
POM Contributor 
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1CAVCCO15MED View Post
MSGT Mike Booher (now ret) He was a recruiter doing a tour in Afghanistan. He was with two other recruiters in a Hummer going unescourted down a road in Afghanistan when an IED was detonated. It killed the other two guys and destroyed the vehicle. It was later in the afternoon and he was alone except for his two dead buddies. He was addled by the explosion but other than being covered in blood and brains he was uninjured. He called for help on the radio and was told nobody was coming until morning. He was going to have to spend the night alone in enemy territory and the enemy knew he was there and helpless except for his M-16. He was abandoned. Nearby a local village woman heard of his plight. She sneaked through Taliban territory and guided Mike back to her home where he was secluded for the night. The next day he was "rescued". Nadjla had a reason to hate the Taliban. They had killed her brother and uncle. Mike and her family were brought back to safety. In gratitude for her bravery, she was awarded an honorary CIB by US forces.

To make a long story short, the family was granted asylum in the USA. Later Mike and Nadjla were married after he converted to Islam. We not very enthusiastic about that but it's a free country. They had a gorgeous little girl together by the name of Laila. She is now two years old.

Mike comes from a military family. His father Chet, my brother in law was in Korea with the 1st Cav and was awarded the CIB. A son of Mike's, Seth, is a crew chief on a Medevac helicopter in Iraq. The other son Theron is signed up to go into the Air Force after he graduates.

I am proud of all my nephews and am especially proud of my little grand niece, Laila, part Afghan Muslim and part Tennessee hillbilly.

I don't know who the female DI is in Seth's picture but she is the scariest one in the photos.
Darn it Doc Fred, you should have put a sand storm warning on this story. It is worth telling over and over again to suceeding generations. Thank you to all the warriors in your family including Nadjla! My best to all of the family.

As a post script: I am more than concerned about the report that your nephew was abandoned on the field. Could you give us more detail as to the circumstances, commanders, division, brigade, battilion, company involved with that decision.

Thomas Jefferson, Kentucky Resolutions of 1798: "In questions of power then, let no more be heard of confidence in man, but bind him down from mischief by the chains of the Constitution."
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-20-2010, 08:54 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

I can't find out who it was. He has not told this story to me. It has come out in bits and pieces from my sister. I do know he was told it was "too dangerous" to come get him.

Mike devoted his life to the Army and after this he...I guess the best way is to say he is in shock. I guess he will talk to me about it when he is ready if that ever occurs.
Old 02-04-2010, 04:22 AM

Distinctions
Contributor VOM 

http://wbztv.com/national/muslim.jai...2.1468212.html

Sources: Muslim Chaplain Arrested At NYC Jail
Jails Chaplain Charged With Trying To Smuggle Razor Blades Into Manhattan Detention Center

Officials say a New York jails chaplain has been charged with trying to smuggle razor blades into a facility.

Several officials familiar with the investigation say Imam Zul-Qarnin Shahid was arrested at the Manhattan Detention Center on Wednesday afternoon, CBS station WCBS-TV reports.

The sources spoke to The Associated Press on condition of anonymity because they had not been given permission to speak to the media.

It was not immediately clear who the Muslim cleric was visiting or what charges he was facing. It wasn't known whether he had an attorney.

A spokesman for the city Department of Correction didn't immediately respond to calls seeking comment.

The Manhattan Detention Complex is a jail in lower Manhattan at 125 White Street.

__________________________________________________ _____________________

[i]Once again, the answer is NO![i]
Old 02-04-2010, 07:27 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Two problems as I see it:
1. The NYC jail system doesn' vet their employees very well.
2. This raghead in question needs to be prosecuted and convicted.

Yet another reason to follow Ronaldus Maximus Reagan's advice: "Trust, but Verify."

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
Old 02-04-2010, 09:05 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Talking

Suit against Joe Kaufman Dismissed

June 29, 2009
http://www.legal-project.org/article/393

PHILADELPHIA – The Texas Court of Appeals for the Second District on June 25, 2009, dismissed a defamation lawsuit brought by several Dallas-area Muslim organizations against Joe Kaufman, an investigative journalist for Front Page Magazine, the founder of Americans Against Hate, and a client of the Middle East Forum's Legal Project.
The case concerns an article by Kaufman published on September 28, 2007, at FrontPageMag.com, "Fanatic Muslim Family Day" in which he alerted readers to a forthcoming event, "Muslim Family Day," at the Six Flags Over Texas amusement park hosted by the Islamic Circle of North America (ICNA) and the Islamic Association of North Texas (IANT).

Kaufman called ICNA "a radical Muslim organization that has physical ties with the Muslim Brotherhood and financial ties to Hamas" and stated that, "ICNA has also been involved in the financing of Al-Qaeda." On October 14, 2007 Kaufman led a lawful and peaceful protest against ICNA outside the amusement park.

Seven Dallas-area Muslim groups responded by filing a lawsuit and restraining order against Mr. Kaufman – despite his article not even mentioning them and his telling the court he had "no knowledge that the majority of the entities even existed."

In dismissing the lawsuit on appeal, the Court agreed with Kaufman that:
There is simply no indication to a reasonable reader of Kaufman's article that "those involved" meant the sponsors of the event other than ICNA or IANT, because the article did not inform the reader that there were any such other sponsors.
In his press release, Kaufman, who received financial assistance from the Middle East Forum's Legal Project, said that the case against him was "entirely frivolous" from the start, and that the dismissal represents a victory for freedom of speech. Indeed, the Court noted "the inherent public concern in the terrorism issues he reports and opines on."

Reacting to the dismissal, Middle East Forum director Daniel Pipes said, "It is reassuring to see so obvious an instance of a predatory lawsuit rejected by the court. But it is equally dismaying to note that an appellate court had to reverse the trial judge's mishandling of the case, at considerable cost to Joe Kaufman and to freedom of expression about Islamism and terrorism."

Legal Project director Brooke Goldstein, a practicing attorney, stated that "The case against Kaufman exemplifies how, despite First Amendment protections, American citizens are targeted with lawsuits designed to punish public dialogue about radical Islam and terrorist financing. I am thrilled that the appellate judge recognized the absurdity of the plaintiffs' claims and that Kaufman can continue writing without legal distractions. True justice, however, requires the plaintiffs to cover Kaufman's legal fees."

The Legal Project, an activity of the Middle East Forum, is dedicated to legally and financially assisting parties wrongfully sued for speaking out against radical Islam, terrorism and its sources of financing.

http://www.legal-project.org/article/393