The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-04-2002, 03:12 PM

Default Brought up before, but what the heck

1958 Ward Cleaver says "what ever happened to the good old days"

Think about it from the day you first went through adaulthood and to raising a family.

Just what did happen to those days . In my time was DAZE.

Kinda of scarry if you ask this reborn Yankee/Texan/Hippie/whatever comes to your minds.

55 yrs old and still enjoying each and every day, but not like when I was growing up.

I told yall that I make alot of stupid posts and this is one.

enough......................
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-04-2002, 04:26 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Thumbs up Yesterday!

Yesterday I visited a museum in Cashmere, WA. They had all these old cabins and wood stoves that came from the turn of the last century. (1880 - 1920)
I was raised in the sticks. We didn't have a telephone line until I was 9 or 10. Didn't see my first TV until I was 10 or 11. We had an old wood stove in the kitchen. Used it for baking and cooking. We got our first tractor when I was 3 or 4, until then we used draft horses. I went through that museum that was supposedly from the early 1900's and related it to when I was a kid. I don't think most folks my age could do that. The one thing we had in rural Oregon was a tremendous emphasis on education. So, even if you were a country kid out in the sticks you still received a great education in the public schools. I went to a little four room school house. We had 14 - 20 kids a class and two grades a class. Lots of individual attention. Anyway after I visited the museum I actually felt old for the first time in my life (I'm almost 57).

farmboy,a real hick/townkid/collegeboy, & skinny/army/ministerial studies/minister/a husband/a father/mountain climber/social involvement/easing into retirement years

Politically

democrat/conservative democrat/moderate republican/conservative republican

Keith
Old 08-04-2002, 06:17 PM

Default Now You Know

Or should I say remember Keith.

I am originally from Ohio and we had to go to school through the snow rain sleat , it didtn matter.

Now adays they dont even go if the temp is below 0.

Really surprising how much the times amd methods and means goes now days.

Personally I WOULD PREFER THE GOOD OLD DAYS. I am 55 until April 4th then I dont know how old I will be.

enough....................
Old 08-04-2002, 06:41 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to judyvillecco

Walk a little plainer, Daddy! I know that once you walked this way many years ago, and what you did along the way I'd really like to know; for sometimes when I'm tempted, I don't know what to do. So walk a little plainer, Daddy, for I must follow you. I remember my Dad quoting this and now that he's gone and his father before him I find myself too thinking about those days and telling my grandkids about the good old days. I think that's how we pass it on. Somehow they must see it through our eyes and hearts plainly. What do you think? democrat/conservativve republican/democrat/formerministerswidow/mother/grandma/auntie/citizen/plainfolk
Old 08-04-2002, 07:06 PM

Distinctions
Coordinator VOM Contributor 
Default VERY SIMPLE

These ARE the 'good ole days'..and I don`t recall Ward`s words of wisdom very well,but I do remember June asking "Don`t you think you were a little hard on the Beaver last night,Dear?"

Peace,Griz
Old 08-04-2002, 07:26 PM

Default Judy

I will try to walk a little plainer.

I dont know how old you are , but I am 55 until April.

Do you remember when you had to go outdie in the middle of the night just to do #1 or #2 instead og going to the bathroom we all have now adays.

Can you remember when your Mother or Grandmother said that they use to walk a mile in their shoes just to get to school? My mom never did , but my grandmother (blesshersole) said it to me plenty of times.

on the other side my Dad, Grandfather was born and raised on a cow farm and they had to do their morning chores in order to keep the family going.

Nowadays the kids get up and turn on this darn cp or their cp games instead of doing the chores that we use to do.

Can you remember listening to Red Bovine in the mornings instead of the Jetsons or Little Mermaid on the tube vice the radioi?

Maybe the way it should be now for the future of our kids growing up, is NO TV in the morn and back to basics such as FFA or the Military.

Just out of curiosity, Have you ever watched the Simpsons? FILTHY!!!!!!!!!

Flintstones, Jetsons,Leave it to Breaver, Disney, and many many more that the kids shoud grow up with instead of the violence now days on the tube,
Old 08-04-2002, 08:43 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to judyvillecco

reeb
I'll be 55 soon. I do remember outhouses at my grandmothers because "in house plumbing was unsanitary" according to her for years. Those cold night walks were fast and the squeaky doors! Didn't mess around. Do I have stories.

I did walk close to two miles to school and my grandmother said I was lucky because she walked 7. My mother was raised on a Dairy farm and yep chores at sunup before shcool and when you came home til sundown. She cooked for farmhands and during the depression for hungry people wandering by. They put food out on their porches at mealtimes and shared what they had. My mother never learned to cook in small amounts.

Red Bovine? Also Amos and Andy and The Shadow! I don't allow my grandkids to watch the Simpsons. I agree the Old Disney, Jetsons and good old imagination was great!