The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Conflict posts > Vietnam

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-24-2004, 11:08 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

I think it means you even have PTSD in your toes. My left big toe has a much exaggerated startle reflex.
Old 05-24-2004, 08:58 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

I finally got back to my sessions at the Vet center today. I am going at 10 AM now since my original counselor is leaving. My new counselor is in charge of the Vet center and is a super nice guy. I told him what the shrink said, and he said since I had a diagnosis, even without a rating, that I could go to the six-week program. Since it looks like we are going to Germany in July, I am going to sign up in June and try to go in the August - September time frame. I got a computer generated notice in the mail that the VA is still working on my claim. My next appt. at the VA hospital with the head shrink is July 1. Supposedly, after that I can start attending therapy sessions at the VA Hospital. It only took about 11 months. Oh well.... And so it goes.

Larry
Old 07-14-2004, 10:40 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 

Yeah- just the same s*** different day with the VA. Well Mortordude paid me a visit today. He pretty much would not take no for an answer. So I'm going to try and do a little more realistic stuff dealing with PTSD crap! It's no doubt it is ever so present. Some days I'm as dangerous as a turned "claymore mine" from 50ft. I really need to get more involved with dealing with this crap.
I think talking to Mortardude and getting involved with oher Veterans is going to help. Seriously, with job stress, family death, and 2 sons involved in combat it has about taken it's toll. Okay so maybe I do have a problem. Let's
nip it in the bud. Thanks for listening. DMZ-LT talk to me!
Old 07-14-2004, 11:41 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Thumbs up Don't mean nothing

I ain't got no magic answers top. I try to do what I would tell the guys in my platoon in Viet Nam to do when the $hit hit the fan and they would all look to me about what to do and I had little idea what was going on or what we should be doing - Just keep moving and go slow ( baby steps ) - This site with my brothers and sisters has helped. My group at the VA helps. My family helps. Communication and not holding everything in till I am about to explode helps. It has all helped me control my behavior. I have to do it no one else can. I turned a hugh corner a few years ago when in a rage I threw my daughter into a wall. The next day I saw the bruises on her arms and back and cried that I could do that to someone I love so much. She hugged me and told me it was alright. It wasn't alright and I try to avoid situations now that I know will get me going. So far I been doing good and I am sure you will be to. Peace in your heart , brother. You ain't the Lone Ranger either. Riding in memory of Frank " Torch " Skokan.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2004, 01:13 PM

HELLO MORTARDUDE, GUNNER HERE , EXCEPT FOR ROBINETTE, RABY, AND SINN I THINK I GOT A LETTER SENT TO THE REST OF THE MEN.
GOOD LUCK ON THE PTSD YOU WILL GET IT, IT MIGHT TAKE A BIT BUT YOU WILL.
KEEP UP THE FIRE POWER.
Old 07-29-2004, 11:40 AM
Robert J Ryan

Larry stick with this, don't quit on the VA that's what they want you do. You hang tough buddy, if you have diagnosed with PTSD you will be compansated for it. I have been Diagones with PTSD, and TYPEII Diabetes, if anyone out there is a Vietnam Vet and was exposed to Agent Orange you need to get test for Type II Diabetes, the VA has determined that there is a link between Type II diabetes and Agent Orange.
Old 07-29-2004, 11:45 AM
Robert J Ryan

Gatewods- get involved in a PTSD group, if you are close to a VA Facility, go to the Mental Health clinic they have PTSD groups there, I have been going to PTSD groups since 1987. The goups have helped me tremendoulsy. Was able to finally say goodbye to the buddies I lost, and let them rest in peace. And I have found some peace within myself. Just like anyone else with PTSD I have good days and bad days, and probably have the same triggers as anyone else. I hope this helps you buddy.
Old 07-29-2004, 12:03 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Well... it has been a year since I have tried to get into the PCT / PTSD clinic at the VA hospital in Memphis, and I have received nothing. My application for the seven-week treatment program for Little Rock, Arkansas was sent forward, and I got a letter from them saying there is a 4 - 5 month wait list. What kind of bullshit is this ? And so it goes....I have my last C & P exam on Aug 9. Maybe I will at least get some money this year.....

Larry