The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > Warriors Saloon

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-24-2002, 06:20 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Pop a cork...

...for me as my ego is swelling this morning...
went to to the shop last night where my bro, and I work on old iron, and my bros' daughter's boyfriend was beating his chest on how "BAD" his truck was (96 extended cab 4x4 "stock" with like 96 gazillion miles on it, but "clean"...
... he's one of those spoiled "Mama's boys" that has everything spoon fed to him...
he starts his usual crap about my car, and now my truck, and this, and that, and then gets cocky, and says "well go get a chain, and we'll see who's... blah, blah, ( I'm hot enough by now that I 'm on my way to get a "good" one already)...
...I backed up, and hooked up before he could blink, ( and was in 4 wheel lock low before he finished back peddling)...
... he realized that his mouth wrote a check that his ass couldn't cover...slid into his truck, and someone said "ready, set, go", and before he could spit I was dragging him backwards down the alley at about 30 mph spinning a dust cloud that engulfed his entire truck...
...10 seconds later it was all history as he emerged from the cloud of dust, tail just tucked between his legs, and red faced...
... come to find out, he didn't know what 4 wheel lock low meant....
...HE DOES NOW....
... sees, you... move... that... little... lever... there.... to the side, and...... then move it to this position......., there now you get it.......
he was real quiet for the next 20 minutes... pop that bubbly stuff, and I'll have a mug......
...I'm gonna have a shirt made that says..." I FIX DODGES...(AND ON THE BACK)... BUT, I BUILD CHEVY'S...........YEA, PASS THE PEANUTS.....

Tom "ANDY" Andrzejczyk

sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-24-2002, 07:11 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 

Good Job!
I'm always glad when someone gets one over on those boys with their pavement pounders!
Old 04-24-2002, 09:08 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to Hoyin

Nope, not my heritage. I studied Mongolian Anthropology extensively though and now belong to a historical society (basically a big party) where I "live" like a Mongol. Did that in school as well to try and understand that culture better.
I know more about the Mongols, Huns and Sycthians than anyone should ...but I find it fun and fascinating and anyway..gers are BIG and I hate those little bubble tents.

Great story about the truck!! LOL!

Gonna go paint some more..and keep my eyes peeled for UPS trucks...
Give me one for the road.
Old 04-24-2002, 09:50 AM

Thumbs up That's pretty cool

Hoyin, so will it be easy to break down and move where you want it? or will it be a permanant structor?

Curtis, I loved the story about the truck I bet he doesn't shoot off his mouth again soon
Old 04-24-2002, 10:16 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to Hoyin

Gary,

Most of the yurts you see for sale from companys *do* break down..but not easily. Most are used for permament structures. The traditional ones..and the ones still used in Mongolia, they still live in gers..in fact even in Uulaanbaatur (the capitol) you will find gers all over the city..stuck near tall buildings, do break down for transport.
I wouldnt call it easy...its not say as easy as a dome tent..but its not incredibly difficult either.
Basically you set out the khana (walls) into a large circle and set the door..lash it together and tie the belly band around (this is a long cord that encircles the khana...then you have someone hold the tono (roof ring) up and stick the oyin (roof poles) into the tono and rest on the the top of the khana. Then you add the second belly band and then tighten both of the bands. Then you drag the cover over and hang the door cover.
There it is all done.
In the next few years I am planning on buying land somewhere in the middle of nowhere to put a permament ger on..for a vacation house and possibly as a retirement home.
I feel incredibly good inside a ger. Its very relaxing for some reason.
Off to paint (almost done!) and stain (no where near done)
Taking my whiskey and coke with me!
Old 04-24-2002, 10:47 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default It was better then...

...last year when I had the Ford, and thumped him...( thats, found on road dead/ fix or repair daily/ funkin over rated dodge)...he had another ext cab (92) that he "lost" this winter when it burned while traveling west to snowmobile, (saved the sleds though), caught fire off a transmission line leak, totaled it, so "Mama" signed on to get this one...
... so now with a 4 year newer truck, and me just getting this one in late Feb., and just putting it together, he still figured that mine was easy pickin's...
... In the two months, I've had to really check everything over well for safety(heh,heh)...
...not opting for stock, 9 to 1 flat tops, double roller T/C, and just a littttttle bump in the cam does make a difference, so my old "88" with a fresh motor(470 miles on it) just smoked him...
... after said in done, let him jump in mine, and punch it once down the alley, and when second gear kicked in,( it does shift in strong for a 700 r) it put his head to the headrest portion of the seat((still in lock low)), he backs up, and gets out shaking his head, and his friend says"what the hell was that" cause when it shifted, it just grabed, and lurched forward after hitting 2nd like a scalded cat,... I don't know if the kid before me had a shift kit put in or not, but it was worth every second last night to see him pink faced, and a lot more humble...
:

Tom "ANDY" Andrzejczyk

Old 04-24-2002, 10:57 AM

Default I bet

Curtis HEH HEH HEH
Attached Images
File Type: jpg meowii.jpg (69.3 KB, 73 views)
Old 04-24-2002, 11:52 AM

Distinctions
VOM 
Cool Bar is Open

Hey Gary,

Hi Everyone nice day here in PA....
I see everyone is enjoying there day...
Figured to stop in and see how everything is going...
I am doing the disappearing act from my boss today, ...HEHE
I felt I did enough time for him today....
I sure could use a cold beer around here... since I am ready to start partying.....Gary, give everyone a round on me...

Sempers,

Roger
1961-1977
68/69
Once A Marine............Always A Marine.............

http://www.geocities.com/thedrifter001/
Old 04-24-2002, 11:56 AM

Default You got it Roger

Belly up to the bar everyone, Roger's buying
Old 04-25-2002, 10:17 AM

Distinctions
VOM 
Cool Good Afternoon

Hey Gary,

I do need a fast pick me upper...
This day is going by to slow....
I really don't feel like working....but the is normal with me.
So come guys lets all start with a drink...
To get this day to end on a good note....

Sempers,

Roger
1961-1977
68/69
Once A Marine............Always A Marine.............

http://www.geocities.com/thedrifter001/