The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > Political Debate

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-02-2008, 09:33 AM

Distinctions
Contributor VOM 

As governor of Alaska, Palin wanted schools to teach abstinence-only in the Sex-Ed classes. Looks like her daughter was absent that day.
Old 09-02-2008, 09:58 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default This will probably blow over.

Anyone of us who have raise teenagers know that they will do what they do. I'm sure the liberal media will have a hey day with this one. But, I'm sure most Americans, even liberals won't buy into their spin.

Keith
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 10:30 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

But I thought the "right to chose" was supposed to be directed at women, giving them the freedom of choice, whatever that choice was to be. Well, as it turns out, the liberals, better known and the whiners and snivelers, only seem to approve if that 'choice' has their collectivist approval, i.e., abort the baby.

The Palin family has made a loving choice, publicly supporting their daughter, irrespective of the faulty decision-making on her part; the family's demonstration of unconditional love, of standing on their values of life being important, adds strength to the family, and makes them even more admirable.

And Rigger, yes that 32% is disturbing, if they are of the mindset that teenagers won't make any mistakes.

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
Old 09-02-2008, 10:41 AM

Angry

Our culture is obsessed with celebrity..this is just politics as celebrity. People want to know who is porking who & this is just a carry over. Families of candidates are off limits as far as I am concerned. It is no one's da*n business. If it were me, I'd call all the media together and tell them that this was the end of it. Any mention of my child & I will do some serious a** kicking, a la Harry Truman. This stuff makes me want to puke. 32%--get a fricken life people. Live your own, not someone else's.
Old 09-02-2008, 01:45 PM

Default Nicely said Scout - I've been there

Kids make mistakes too - and some are whoppers but we all move on and learn the hard lessons. The cards are dealt and you deal with it or go nuts trying to fix something most of the time beyond your control. You have to hope your kids are smart enough to know what to do and when they slip off the cliff - and some will - you have to be there to catch them or it could become more severe and life threatening.... It's not a perfect world and shit happens. Our Gals get hurt the most because its something they will carry all their lives and the Guy's walk away leaving them with a situation - that most are not ready to carry the burden. Kids are God's gifts to us and many can't have any but those who do should cherish them and guide them as best you can - and even then - you sometimes find them going astray - even with the best guidance - sorry to say.

O Almighty Lord God, who neither slumberest nor sleepest; Protect and assist, we beseech thee, all those who at home or abroad, by land, by sea, or in the air, are serving this country, that they, being armed with thy defence, may be preserved evermore in all perils; and being filled with wisdom and girded with strength, may do their duty to thy honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"
Old 09-02-2008, 02:37 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Hell ya!

Just look at BobK and I....we had great parents!

Pack

"DISSENT IS PATRIOTIC!" (unknown people for the past 8 years, my turn now)
Old 09-02-2008, 03:50 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 

There is 63 page study by the democrat that she beat in the election for governor. I read it today but now I can't find it and I should have saved it.

In it is Sarah's stand on teaching birth control in school. She was for it.

As a girl who was pregnant at 17 when abortion was legal in Washington State, I have no problems with her or her daughter. I married the father and, while it didn't last, it was our decision.

Joy

Found & downloaded...
Abortion
Anchorage Daily News Editorial: Palin Has “Extreme Anti-Abortion Views.”
The Anchorage Daily
News wrote in an editorial, “Alaskans will also have to decide whether her extreme anti-abortion views
and other socially conservative positions square with Alaska's generally libertarian approach to those
issues.”
[Anchorage Daily News (Alaska), 8/24/06]

Palin Moderating Her Abortion Stance?
The Anchorage Daily News wrote, “Palin said last month that
no woman should have to choose between her career, education and her child.”
[Anchorage Daily News
(Alaska), 8/6/06]

Palin Called Herself as “Pro-Life As Any Candidate Can Be” But Supports Contraception.
“In
2002, when she was running for lieutenant governor, Palin sent an e-mail to the anti-abortion Alaska
Right to Life Board saying she was as ‘pro-life as any candidate can be’ and has ‘adamantly supported our
cause since I first understood, as a child, the atrocity of abortion.’ Palin said last month that no woman
should have to choose between her career, education and her child. She is pro-contraception and said
she’s a member of a pro-woman but anti-abortion group called Feminists for Life. ‘I believe in the
strength and the power of women, and the potential of every human life,’ she said.”
[Anchorage Daily News
(Alaska), 8/6/06]

Palin is a Member of Feminists for Life, A Group That Says Abortion Increases the Risk of
Miscarriage, Cancer, and Compares Abortion to the Tuskegee Trials.
According to the Anchorage
Daily News, Palin “said she's a member of a pro-woman but anti-abortion group called Feminists for
Life.” Feminists for Life writes on its website, “If you choose to have an abortion, even if it's at an early
stage of pregnancy, the risks associated with this choice include bleeding, injury to the bowel, injury to
the urinary tract, infection, and possible problems with having children in the future. Obviously, the
further along in the pregnancy you are, the higher your chances are to have these types of problems.” The
site also says, “recently there have been reports that link breast cancer with abortion. Since abortion has
been legal for over 20 years, and sometimes it takes 20 to 30 years for a cancer to develop, this link is just
starting to surface. More research is needed, especially since so many women have abortions every year
coupled with the fact that so many women also die from breast cancer.” The site adds, “We are reminded
that in the not-so-distant past American citizens were "tricked" into participating in research experiments
being performed by doctors and other people in the health industry…The Tuskegee experiment is a grim
reminder that even though doctors and other people connected with the medical profession have been
granted a great deal of trust and privilege in our society, there have been times when that trust was
betrayed and innocent citizens were caused irreparable harm.”
[Anchorage Daily News (Alaska), 8/6/06;
http://www.feministsforlife.org/resources/realrepr.htm]

National Cancer Institute: It Is “Well-Established” That “Abortion is Not Associated With
an Increase In Breast Cancer Risk.”
There is a medical consensus that there is no causal
relationship between abortion and breast cancer. This consensus emerged after several welldesigned
studies, the largest of which was published in the New England Journal of Medicine in
1997, found no indication of increased risk of breast cancer following an induced abortion. In
2002, the Bush Administration edited a National Cancer Institute website to suggest that there was
still an open scientific question about whether having an abortion might lead to breast cancer.
After members of Congress protested the change, the National Cancer Institute convened a threeday
conference of experts on abortion and breast cancer. Participants reviewed all existing
population-based, clinical, and animal data available. Their conclusion was that “[i]nduced
abortion is not associated with an increase in breast cancer risk.” The panel ranked this conclusion
as “well-established.”
[Committee on Government Reform, “False And Misleading Health Information Provided
By Federally Funded Pregnancy Resource Centers,” 7/06; Mads Melbye et al., Induced Abortion and the Risk of
Breast Cancer, 336 New Eng. J. Med. 81, 84 (1997);

; New York Times, 1/6/03; National
Cancer Inst.,
Summary Report: Early Reproductive Events and Breast Cancer (Mar. 4, 2003) (online at
www.cancer.gov/cancerinfo/ere-workshop-report)]

Palin Said She Was Pro-Life With an Exception for the Life of the Woman.
Palin said, “I am pro-life.
With the exception of a doctor’s determination that the mother’s life would end if the pregnancy
continued. I believe that no matter what mistakes we make as a society, we cannot condone ending an
innocent’s life.”
[Eagle Forum questionnaire]

Palin Used Part of the City’s Funds from the Alaska Revenue Sharing Fund to Fund Anti-Abortion
Center.
In 1997, Palin signed an ordinance appropriating $2,354 in funds to the Valley Crisis Pregnancy
Center from the State of Alaska Revenue Sharing fund. The Valley Crisis Pregnancy Center lists itself as
an “abortion alternative” in the Yellow Pages.
[Ordinance 97-23, 4/14/1997; AlaskaYellowPages.com] CHECK
OTHER YEARS

Crisis Pregnancy Centers Are Known To Give Misleading and Often Inaccurate
Information.
A recent government investigation of pregnancy crisis centers found that “The
centers provided false and misleading information about a link between abortion and breast
cancer;” “The centers provided false and misleading information about the effect of abortion on
future fertility;” “The centers provided false and misleading information about the mental health
effects of abortion.” Planned Parenthood also says the centers offer free pregnancy tests but give
ambiguous answers about the results, show shocking films or slide shows while patients wait for
pregnancy results, make exaggerated promises of financial assistance, medical treatment, prenatal
and postpartum care and refuse or fail to provide contraceptive information.
[Committee on
Government Reform, “False And Misleading Health Information Provided By Federally Funded Pregnancy Resource
Centers,” 7/06; Planned Parenthood]

Valley Hospital Gave Grant to Valley Crisis Pregnancy Center. “Valley Hospital Healthy
Communities Program awards grants: Grants totaling more than $ 58,000 were awarded to three
local organizations. The committee allocated funds to Valley Crisis Pregnancy Center for the
establishment of an abortion hotline, the Mat-Su Alternative School for its Peer Outreach program
and to Teen Challenge for an abstinence course.”
[Anchorage Daily News (Alaska), 12/28/99] CHECK
THIS OUT—SHE WAS ON VALLEY BOARD

Palin Said She Supported a Constitutional Amendment Saying the Constitution Does Not Contain a
Right to An Abortion.
Asked whether she would support legislation and/or a constitutional amendment
to clarify that the state constitution does not contain a right to an abortion, Sarah Palin responded, “Yes.”

[Alaska Family Council Voter Guide, 8/22/06]
Palin Said She Supported a Constitutional Amendment Limiting Abortion to When a Woman’s
Life or Health are In Jeopardy.
Asked whether she would support a Constitutional amendment to limit
state funding for abortions to only situations in which a woman’s life or major bodily functions are
threatened, Sarah Palin responded, “Yes.”

Palin Said She Supported a Constitutional Amendment Changing the Judicial Selection Process.
Asked if she would support a constitutional amendment to change the judicial selection process, Sarah
Palin responded “Yes.”

Palin Said She Supported a Constitutional Amendment To Enforce Parental Consent Law if
Supreme Court Declared it Unconstitutional.
Asked if she would support a Constitutional Amendment
to overturn the Supreme Court and allow a parental consent law to be enforced if the Alaska Supreme
Court declared the parental consent law unconstitutional, Sarah Palin responded, “yes.”
[Alaska Family
Council Voter Guide, 8/22/06]

Palin Said She Supported a Legislation Requiring Women to Be Asked if They Are Being Coerced
When They Get An Abortion.
Asked if she would support legislation that makes it a crime to “coerce a
woman into an unwanted abortion and requires abortion clinics to ask women if they are being coerced,”

Sarah Palin responded “yes.”

Last edited by darrels joy; 09-02-2008 at 04:12 PM.
Old 09-02-2008, 04:01 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Does the no opinion number include the ones that told CNN to f**k off? As for the pro life and pro choice idiots I say this, I refuse to any longer be held hostage to questions that have to do more with which gynecologist you choose than who can run this country. For too long these "causes" have been catchwords to allow mercenary idiots to gain office by appealing to the nut cases of society. Frankly Scarlett, I don't give a damn.

Last edited by 1CAVCCO15MED; 09-02-2008 at 05:37 PM.
Old 09-02-2008, 06:06 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default This is why...

I love Doc Fred! I'm with you Rhett!

J.E.B.

"DISSENT IS PATRIOTIC!" (unknown people for the past 8 years, my turn now)
Old 09-02-2008, 10:24 PM

Send a message via AIM to Gunner Carvo Send a message via MSN to Gunner Carvo Send a message via Yahoo to Gunner Carvo
Distinctions
Contributor 

All I've got to say about her daughter being pregnant is, "Damn, that's one hot grandma!"

"Without me, the war will go on. With me, it could end." - me

"Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe to assure the survival and the success of liberty." - JFK

"Nonsolis Radios Sediouis Fulmina Mitto."
(I bring not the rays of the sun but the thunderbolts of Jupiter)