The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > New Members

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-15-2004, 01:32 PM

Smile Introducing Myself

Hi,

Just wanted to introduce myself to everyone since I'm new. My name is Trina...married...two sons....daughter of Air Force man...sister of Army man. My dad served during Vietnam, but not IN Vietnam. My brother served during and IN the Gulf War (1990-1991).

Interesting Fact: My brother's wife was pregnant with their first son while my brother was in the Gulf. She developed complications, so the Red Cross sent for my brother and had him flown home. He arrived on Saturday, March 16, 1991 and his son was born Sunday, March 17. Pretty amazing. When he arrived at the airport in his desert fatigues, as he was walking up the ramp, his daughter ran out to meet him (against the rules)...but everyone started cheering! As we made our way out to the car, there were many people who stopped him, shook his hand, and said "Thank You." God bless America!!! I remember thinking, "I wish everyone who returned from serving his/her country could have had such a welcome."

Another amazing thing is that he came from halfway around the world and made it to see his son born. Less than two months later, I gave birth to a son as well. My ex-husband didn't make it from 50 miles away! Ok, so I didn't really have to throw that in.
Private Jackson ... \"If you was to put me and this here sniper rifle anywhere near, up to and including one mile of Adolf Hitler, with a clear line of sight, sir...pack your bags, fellas, war\'s over. Amen.\" - Saving Private Ryan
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links