The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-03-2007, 05:34 PM

Send a message via AIM to QM3steve
Distinctions
Contributor 

I agree. Part of the issue is that 39 has controlled their entry because it appears that he hasn't given the information about the Patriot Files. He indicated he had more than one "friend". If that's true, give them the info and let them decide, as I said, "to stay or go".

I'd like to have the option to delete my posts too. But on the same token, if I posted something and was proven to be wrong, I could certainly accept any criticism and admit my error.
Old 04-04-2007, 07:26 AM

Send a message via AIM to SparrowHawk62 Send a message via Yahoo to SparrowHawk62

Quote:
Originally posted by QM3steve ...I'd like to have the option to delete my posts too. But on the same token, if I posted something and was proven to be wrong, I could certainly accept any criticism and admit my error.
Well now, that's called being a "Stand Up" kinda guy!
I can accept criticism about any of my posts. It does bother me when I'm questioned about what branch I served in and what I did, only to have my posts belittled and being told I don't know what I'm talking about. Hey if I'm wrong, ok, no big deal I've been wrong before, but I was mistaken about that. When folks post quotes or information taken from a web site, why was it questioned? It annoyed me that a conversation was taken as the only fact(s) presented and when questioned it then became an opinion. All facts posted were considered to be unreliable, because they lack official seals, what kind of logic is this?
Were posts removed to make this individual look like he hadn't started the mess this thread became? Were other posters facts more in order then they were given credit for?
I don't know, but an open and frank debate allows for both sides to be heard!

A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life." That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it. -- Author Unknown
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 12:22 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 

Looks like I won't be talking to the warrent officer for a couple of weeks now. I have to install a wall oven and cooktop for him. Cooktop is two weeks out and the counter has to be cut. I'll get more info about the AO thing when I get there. I may get a short time to chat on Monday with him, we'll see. Info to follow.
Old 04-08-2007, 07:26 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 

A.B.,
BTW, going back to post #...well...now it's 53 under U.S.C 36 ss 114, Leif Erikson Day is October 9th and is a "federal observance".
Old 04-08-2007, 08:31 PM

QM3steve, Sir!

I did not know that October 9th is a "Federal Observance"-day in USA, connected to Leif Eriksson. Of course, as I do not live in USA, there are rather a lot of things I am not aware of, connected to matters such as for example this. But am always curious and interrested to learn more!

I noticed 1 small detail however, which however may be important though, when searching on the internet. You typed the name of the Viking, in the anglosaxified way, with only 1 letter "s". In Scandinavian languages, names ending with "son", is generally spelled with a double-s, as for example "Eriksson"/"Andersson"/"Johnsson" and so on, versus the anglosaxified version "Erikson"/"Anderson"/"Johnson". Scandinavian imigrants usually "anglosaxified" the spelling of their names, when arriving to USA though, thus English-speaking persons rutinly spellling Scandinavian names with "single "s". But if searching online for a name ending "son", and the person you are trying to retain info about is a Scandinavian rather than a US resident decendent of an imigrant to USA, remember to add that extra "s" when spelling the name. Otherwise, searchresults may most likely be excluded in the searchengines result-display.

Just a tip of that specific small, but important detail, if at any time searching for info....

T G C!

Sincerely
A.B
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 04:26 PM

I see 39 came out of hiding to post the following on another thread:

"I'm right hear.
Some of you don't like your OPINION questioned, and I could give a shit about anyones feelings or if they think they are special in some way, So I questioned there opinion and a few don't like me giving my opinion and I could give a shit about that either.
I asked dave and I asked Bern both to close those two threads and they didn't, I then Informed them that some of the jerks on this site say shit to me hiding behind a computer screen, cause if they would ever say shit to my face it would most likely be the last time they said SHIT. I asked dave again to close the thread or I would delete my post. He did not , so I did. I told Dave I wasn't going to delete any Threads any more and those two certainly deserve deleting, I just deleted what I said. You jerks can keep your crap on Daves site for eternity for all I care.
I did receive a Large manila envelope from the Department of Navy , Marked "Official Documents enclosed" I didn't even open it, I threw it in the fireplace. I could give a shit about that boat or it's crew, or Johnny boy, I put that thread up to discuss it, because there are so many different variations of what took place. But some of you, instead of discussing the topic, tried to belittle what I said, I did say tried, because what some of you say on this site means about as much as a pile of horse shit.""

You started this thread with a factual statement from an individual known only to you. You did not put the statement on the site as an opinion, but fact that you believed to be true. You have since deleted all of your statements. You kept asking for an official Navy document and then you allege you destroyed the information, whether supporting the position you and the individual put forth or not without reviewing it.

It appears you: "Can't handle the truth!" as someone in a movie once said.

Question my opinion anytime and ALWAYS question my facts. I will do the same with yours. Opinions are like a**holes, everybody has one. You put yours out here and you get other opinions in response.

Still waiting for the individual to show up to defend his/your opinions.

You got a faster response from the Navy than I have.
Contrary to what you have done, I will let you and others know what I get.
Old 04-11-2007, 05:11 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

we all have the option to delete our posts. Just go to the edit option and erase what u wrote and put in "----", or anything else u want. At one time we could delete them, but invariably what would happen is that the person that started a long thread would delete the first post and wipe out all posts.

Larry
Old 04-11-2007, 05:15 PM

Larry,

Why is that right?

Either stand behind what you write or don't write.
Old 04-11-2007, 06:23 PM

Distinctions
VOM Coordinator Contributor 

I wish all you guys would grow up. we are all brother in arms lets not fight in family other people read these posts and I wonder what they think of us. My guess is they think we are a bunch of OLD bickering fools.
Old 04-11-2007, 06:31 PM

sn-e3,

Have grown up and learned not to take BS lying down. Will call it when I see it.

Other folks who visit should not be allowed to let unsubstantiated posts stand unchallenged.

As far as bothers in arms goes, I do not see a brother in arms after what 39 had pulled on me. He has NO, ZERO, credibility.

YMMV

Not letting it drop from here.