The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-21-2018, 09:37 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Question All That Glitters

4-18-2018

“They say that all that glitters is not gold, and in this respect, California (The Golden State) is no different in my opinion!”

It was just shortly after World War II, that California began to witnessed a heavy influx of people and corporations from the east, and indeed, from the entire world! People who had taken Horace Greeley's words (1811-1872) literally, and had gone west!
This time however, it wasn’t just gold alone that prompted this torrent of humanity, but rather, it was industry, and the jobs that it created, that ignited this massive population explosion. Unfortunately however, and like the shifting sands of time, many of those who had come west in search of a better life, are now being drawn back to the very locations from whence they came!

“Go West Young man, and grow up with the country”, those now famous words that were uttered by Greeley himself, some eleven years before “The American Civil War (1861-1865)”, still hold true today, at least as far as I am concerned! And even though there are some out there who had trekked across our nation only to take advantage of the dream, but lacked the fortitude to tough it out during the tribulations that inevitable accompany any nation’s growing pains, the land and its potential still remains pretty much the same.

“Finally, it is my fervent belief that better times are on the way and that those who have managed to hang tough throughout the recent economic and political gales that have plagued nearly every corner of today’s society, will once again be able to sail into the calmer and more bountiful waters that fate has ordained!”

Hardcore
Old 04-21-2018, 12:28 PM

Arrow

HC - I can only hope your right. I quit looking for Gold a long time ago. I just ride the waves good or bad. I need another year to see how we've progressed. The issues at hand are currently still under review. I'm past the age of hoping for change it will come when its ready. I take each day as it comes and can only look that far ahead. A dreamer I'm not I just go each day and hope for the best.

Boats

O Almighty Lord God, who neither slumberest nor sleepest; Protect and assist, we beseech thee, all those who at home or abroad, by land, by sea, or in the air, are serving this country, that they, being armed with thy defence, may be preserved evermore in all perils; and being filled with wisdom and girded with strength, may do their duty to thy honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote