The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > Police/Fire/EMS

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-05-2003, 10:55 AM

Thought of this:

Just where do you think most of us Vets would be now days, If it werent for the New Found Friends and Buddies in the service to keep you company for the first Xmas/Thanksgiving/etc days you were away fom your long life friends/family ??

Just a thought !!!

enough........
Old 12-11-2003, 12:13 PM

Yep, it sure helps to be in contact one way or the other. Good Thought - I appreciate all of the fine words of wisdom that I hear on this site and keeps the old gray matter from shrinking further and further - Say What?

O Almighty Lord God, who neither slumberest nor sleepest; Protect and assist, we beseech thee, all those who at home or abroad, by land, by sea, or in the air, are serving this country, that they, being armed with thy defence, may be preserved evermore in all perils; and being filled with wisdom and girded with strength, may do their duty to thy honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2003, 06:03 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Suicide: Sincerest form of self criticism

As one of those who has never considered suicide at all, ever, I am always surprised by people who do it. A sad form of voluntary population control.
Guess I just like to mess with people too much, the notion of me not being here is not one I'm anxious to hurry. One thing I learned for sure in the war is that life is short and youre going to be dead for a long long time--why rush it?
I think that there is too much of a build up for the holidays , it leads to unfullfilled expectations. The ads all show the good life but if youre not liveing the good life, as many of us are not, these constant reminders can be a bummer. Ive had the experience of being too broke to buy presents and it was not fun..
But its not about presents in my family,its just fun to be together

Thats was a good deed, Andy, not showing the family the note. Sometimes you have a trmendous opportunity to make a difference in someone's life and you took it that time.
God bless. all and a Merry Christmas especially to our cops and firemen working out there today

James
Old 03-07-2004, 03:15 AM

Default Suicide is high in Alaska - More per capita

There was a recent TV report in our state of Alaska that we have more suicides per capita than other areas and it was going to be studied.

We had a suicide in our small town of Valdez about 2 weeks ago. It was a 35 year old native man who had lots of family in the nearby area.

Of course I don't know what will be concluded, but this young man most likely worked on the Exxon Valdez oil spill cleanup. I'm going to ask his family when the time is right.

Of course we have lots of days with little sunshine in the winter and that can cause a type of depression.

But what I think should be factored in is what exposure these had to 2-butoxyethanol because it damages the central nervous system causing depression and suicidal tendencies along with the all-the-time-fatigue and many, many other 'gulf war syndrome' type ailments.

Since I started my study on ethylene glycol monobutyl ether (its more common name) I learned that everyone in our country is at risk ... from grandmas who use Lysol Tub 'n Tile (registered pesticide with EPA) to the guys who paint and on and on and on and on.

Oh, and they are saying on one of the Gulf War Vet's discussion forums that suicide is up among our current troops. No wonder. We never learned anything from the Gulf War Syndrome vets did we? Even with all the millions of dollars spent on study; they may someday conclude it was the solvent exposure they never studied at all.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote