Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-17-2018, 09:47 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Question An Addiction To Glory

4-17-2018

(opinion)

“I guess that it is like anything else in life, in that, fame, fortune any even glory, are just as addicting to some as are any other intoxicating substances!”

I have personally known a great many people of notoriety in my 77 plus years of life, and some of them have been genuine, quiet and unassuming, while others had become so addicted to fame and glory that, in my opinion, I don’t believe that they could live even a single day without some sort of personal adulation?

They say that every man and woman is gifted with their fifteen minutes of fame, but regardless of the truth (or not) in this assumption, when that momentary fame is all that you have left in your life to fall back upon, then you are (again in my opinion), a sad and pathetic individual indeed!

“Every man and woman lives 24/7, but not every moment of that existence is lavished with the good life, but live it all you must - so you may as well make the most of it!” And as a matter of fact, I too was once even accused of being a writer, and that is not totally true, as I do not write merely to chatter on and on, but rather, to relate how I really feel - right or wrong, sane or deranged!

But after all is said and done - what are any man or woman but “Their Own” thoughts and ideas, and of course – “What They Do With Them?”

Hardcore
Old 04-17-2018, 10:28 AM

Reverend - your message is understood. Amen

Boats

O Almighty Lord God, who neither slumberest nor sleepest; Protect and assist, we beseech thee, all those who at home or abroad, by land, by sea, or in the air, are serving this country, that they, being armed with thy defence, may be preserved evermore in all perils; and being filled with wisdom and girded with strength, may do their duty to thy honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote