The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-05-2003, 07:07 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Exclamation A Revelation From The Shakeyside

Ya know, maybe they?re right - maybe it is all just politics!? But oh what a pathetic life some mortals live, when all that they have to hang on to is power and the human chessboard that encompasses it!

I would say a prayer to the heavens itself, if for once, someone in politics would genuinely do something out of caring, genuine concern and love of his fellow countrymen, rather than just calculating ambition and vested agenda!

I suppose that every politician ever created has in his matrix, a modicum of ego and self-deification? After all, if a man or woman doesn?t believe in theirself, how in the hell can he function on the upper rungs of power brokering? But I still say: ?Wouldn?t it be grand if our leaders genuinely displayed a little real emotion toward their own people, and this translated into they too, abiding by the Golden Rule - or is this far too much to expect!? :cd:

VERITAS
Old 11-05-2003, 08:01 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default Sorry...HARDCORE.

But the answer to your very last question is YES.

It most certainly is far too much to ask of career and self/clique-serving politicos ABOVE ALL ELSE. Want some satisfaction from such? Either get: "Connected", join some Minority, Gay or atheist Organization, or burn all your papers and pretend to be an illegal IMMIGRANT(?).

Combine and do all three suggestions simultaneously my Friend, and I guarantee you'll get more satisfaction than ever dreamed possible,...probably even from The VA.

Being just one or all of The Private Sector vast majority in America no longer seems to deserve representation in America by our political rulers. And, why should they even care? They get our votes, no matter how well they screw-us-schnooks-over. Plus, most of The Screwees are usually thrilled that they get to vote every 2, 4, or 6 years for their perpetual Ruling Screwers of whatever minority rule bent.

Everything is pretty-screwed-up. Isn't it Buddy?

Neil
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2003, 08:24 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Lightbulb

RECON -

I don't think that you fully realize just how "RIGHT ON TARGET" you really were!!

VERITAS
Old 11-06-2003, 09:34 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default Not so...HARDCORE.

I realize full well exactly what I wrote, which coming from me couldn't even be considered AN OPINION. And besides, and whether: "VERITAS" or truths and unarguable, historical and factual realities,...where other can such shots being fired at America's political rulers (of whatever bent) be, other than: "RIGHT ON TARGET"???

Still my Friend, isn't it too bad that our sophomoric rulers pretty-much go that: "Sticks and stones may break my bones, and names...." bit??? After all, if the names We Peasants called such self/clique-serving ABOVE ALL ELSE phonies actually bothered "Them" (as would normally bother mere mortals),..."They" might eventually: "Straighten-up and Fly Right" down from Mt.Olympus.

Hey,...one can always hope for miracles, can't one?

Neil
Old 11-06-2003, 09:50 AM

HC

Everyone has a cross to bear. The politicians will burn the most in hell because of their lack of emotion and feelings toward their human counterparts.

It seems that feelings can not be expressed by those in the upper level manager positions because it may be read as a sign of weakness by those who wish de-throne him or her.

Personal images of being tougher than shit or hard as nails seems to impress the yokal's behind them. They get thick skinned and it makes it harder to make wound.

Kiss ass promotions have been going on for years. I've been a straight shooter all my life and its cost me many things. But my whole as a person - I sleep real good at night.

We are separating the people by rank and file and its not a pretty picture. But it is democratic - to some degree. We still have the best country (I think) and its still pretty young. It needs some refinement in order to clean the bugs out of the carpet.

But all and all its tough sledding for the majority. It will change but not in my lifetime. My grandkids may see some of the changes - but we sure won't.

O Almighty Lord God, who neither slumberest nor sleepest; Protect and assist, we beseech thee, all those who at home or abroad, by land, by sea, or in the air, are serving this country, that they, being armed with thy defence, may be preserved evermore in all perils; and being filled with wisdom and girded with strength, may do their duty to thy honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"
Old 11-06-2003, 10:58 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Arrow

BOATS & RECON -

Ain't it a shame, as you said, that "Straight Shooters" usually finish last? So what does that tell you, and as such, albeit often in vain, any straight shooter has to keep on firing!

VERITAS
Old 11-06-2003, 11:19 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to BLUEHAWK
Distinctions
Contributor 

Our current commander-in-chief IS "for once" doing something out of, "... caring, genuine concern and love for his fellow countrymen." so say I without the slightest degree of hesitation.

I believe he knows exactly what the odds and the consequences of failure are... whether his side-kicks are AS fully conscious of our mission is a whole other topic.
Old 11-06-2003, 01:16 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default BLUEHAWK...

Can't disagree with a word you've stated, and especially regarding Bush's: "Genuine concern and love for his fellow countrymen",...even though fanatically opposing politicos would REPEATEDLY & VICIOUSLY babble otherwise.

Still, and as put in another thread: "The Unfortunate U.S. Military", in that; "...had The U.S. Military INSTEAD been calling-the-shots from Day One" does put a fly in the ointment,...and a major and king sized fly at that, since perpetually growing for 50 years.

What I'm trying to say, is that as politically-correct and/or pleasing everyone on earth warfare never works or resolves anything TOTALLY,...neither can a politically-correct occupation.
Hell, it's historically factual that politically micro-managed warfare hasn't TRULY resolved anything for over a-half-century.

The bottom line, which no politico will ever admit in a million years, is that no matter what America does at this juncture in Iraq,...IT WILL BE WRONG & MORE PEOPLE WILL DIE (hopefully more fanatical terrorists than Coalition Forces).

Sorry Mike. I don't usually give an opinion, and especially about situations never tried doing before. I'm usually more so into historical facts and current realities. Still, and in fairness to me,...let's just call all the above a common sense and/or sort-of educated opinion.

Neil

P.S. Looking for comments (good or bad) on: "The Unfortunate U.S. Military", previously mentioned.
Old 11-06-2003, 02:13 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 

Mike & Neil

We will just have to wait and see, what we shall see?

VERITAS
Old 11-06-2003, 02:51 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to BLUEHAWK
Distinctions
Contributor 

Recon -

I hear what you are saying and have said similar for a LONG time on these pages myself... we'd agree that not all that is afoot is available to we here to know about, and that we here have seen the elephant too many times to take everything strictly at face value any more.

When I look into the eyes of our President, when I hear the tone and content of his words, when I harken back four and even FORTY years ago to the tone and content of other Presidential words... and when I recall how Dubya stood forth as a man in defense of our people beginning on September 12th 2001...I believe, with you, that we are in his good hands. He is commander-in-chief, and to vets (in my opinion) the "Mr. President" title is incidental.

IF we can keep an eye on his ambitious cronies...and with a bit of luck, it could turn out well.

You do not need me to say that there is NO circumstance under which you would ever need to apologize for having said a single thing to me or anyone on these pages or elsewhere.

It is our honor to serve beside you Neil.