The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Branch Posts > Marines

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-07-2008, 09:29 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Exclamation Sixty-Seven Years

Sixty-Seven Years

I would like to dedicate this to the young Marine I had the honor of eating breakfast with at the airport, earlier this week. I will not embarrass him by naming him here but he knows who he is, he is a Marine. He lost two limbs for me, that is a debt I cannot repay. This is a tribute to him and all of our warriors, past, present and future.
Semper Fidelis, Lance Corporal, you inspired me and I am in your debt.

Ronin

Sixty-Seven Years
By Ronin, 7 December 2008

Sixty-Seven years ago, the United States suffered a surprise attack.

That attack cost us 2,403 souls and an outraged nation responded.

The once powerful Japanese empire paid a high price for its treachery, in the end both nations learned, grew, and emerged even stronger. That transformation cost us more than the lives of our troops. It cost our innocence and forced our nation into the front lines of almost every conflict since that fateful day.

Today we are still feeling the effects of yet more acts of treachery.

We are under economic attack, military attack, political attack and even cultural and religious attacks.

Our enemies are craftier than the old Japanese empire. Our enemies have taken up residence inside our own country, infiltrated our social, economic and political powerhouses. They are coming at us from many directions and with many goals, working together and some working separately; the results are the same, we bleed.

The American people, our soldiers and our heroes made a stand sixty-seven years ago today. Those men did the impossible; they rallied a broken and demoralized nation. They inspired us; they led us and gave us glory and victory.

Today we honor those warriors and make a pledge to them. A simple pledge, we will honor your efforts by continuing to defend this nation, her people and her principals.

Our enemies - known and hidden - are deadly, crafty, determined, and vicious. Our enemies are also doomed. We already know how to deal with them, we learned from the best sixty-seven years ago.

http://doctorbulldog.wordpress.com/2...y-seven-years/

sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links