The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Conflict posts > Gulf War

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-28-2004, 04:07 AM

Default What does acquired autoimmune hemolytic anemia look like?

First of all, what does it feel like? You feel TIRED!

"Chronic fatigue syndrome (CFS) is a condition that starts with flu-like symptoms and lasts for 6 months or more. All other possible causes of fatigue are eliminated before this diagnosis is made. Little relieves CFS fatigue, including rest."

Exposure to 2-butoxyethanol could be the cause of this fatigue. In the literature it is reported to cause acute hemolytic anemia (I suspect autoimmune) It can affect anyone at any age: military, such as the 'gulf war syndrome' vets and housewives, too

Here is an example of what an acute exposure could look like: www.valdezlink.com/gwv/6-14.htm#9 (& besides this type of fatigue, there is Central Nervous System damage with resultant depression and severe grouchiness AND more)

CDC's statement regarding CFS and a possible autoimmune connection and this is what they had to say: "One thing is certain at this juncture: there are no immune disorders in CFS patients on the scale traditionally associated with disease. Some investigators have observed anti-self antibodies and immune complexes in many CFS patients, both of which are hallmarks of autoimmune disease. However, no associated tissue damage typical of autoimmune disease has been described in patients with CFS." www.cdc.gov/ncidod/diseases/cfs/info.htm

I found the Mayo Clinic's list of possible causes to be interesting as it relates to the AA theory. They state: "The cause of CFS may be an inflammation of the pathways of the nervous system as a response to an autoimmune process, but with nothing measurable in the blood like in other autoimmune diseases such as rheumatoid arthritis or lupus." www.mayoclinic.com/invoke.cfm?objectid=A026FC79-096B-4920-AA54503DE4B22308&dsection=3

The American Autoimmune Related Diseases Association (AARDA) has CFIDS listed along with more than 60 other AA diseases. They state:

"Chronic fatigue immune dysfunction syndrome (CFIDS) is a chronic inflammatory illness of undetermined origin. It is suspected but not proved to have an autoimmune component, as many of those diagnosed with CFIDS have circulating antinuclear autoantibodies."
http://www.aarda.org/patient_information.php

they continue, "Another thought that I have is the fact that endometriosis is prevalent among CFIDS patients and is by all means a progressive disease. While there are still no clear answers as to the cause of endometriosis, current research is leaning towards a possible autoimmune response there too. Endometriosis.org has this to say about that theory:"

Immune System Dysfunctions

"The most recent studies seem to be considering evidence that might classify endometriosis as part of a larger immunological disorder. (J.A. Hill) Women with endometriosis seem to suffer disproportionately to a number of other immune system disorders such as lupus, thyroid-related problems, allergies, and candida albicans. Women with endometriosis have also been found to carry cells with reduced ability to fight off "bad" cells (Dmowski, M.P. et al.), and high levels of autoantibodies that attack their own healthy cells (El-Roiey, et al.)." http://www.endometriosis.org/html/causes.html

One thing that every one agrees on is that our bodies are in a continual state of response to SOMETHING. If that "something" turns out to be an actual virus that has yet to be discovered then perhaps it won't turn out to be an autoimmune disease. If that something is really nothing and our bodies are engaging in "friendly fire", then it seems that there would be a case for that.

A 3rd possibility is that CFIDS starts out as a viral assault but an autoimmune condition results. That is one theory behind MS and other AA diseases

My thoughts, YES, if from this chemical exposure:

Be sure to avoid BUTYL, as I suspect that is the teratogen chemical that was the cause of the primary harm to gulf war vets, and vets of other war eras, and civilians, too

Too many things going on differently than the 'norm' so doctors and researchers have largely been stumped, as one variable only ... does not work

I suspect the CFIDS, CFS, FM, ME assortment of AUTOIMMUNE ISSUES is what you are dealing with

Find the ANEMIA, it is your most serious health issue; and the prove that BUTYL or a chemical like 2-butoxyethanol is your chemical of harm

I think there is help with glyconutrients

Some would say, "fibro 14 years ago. I'm also hypothyroid and have osteoarthritis"

This is part of the pattern of a chemical I have studied ... 2-butoxyethanol (also known as ethylene glycol monobutyl ether). 15 years ago was the Exxon Valdez oil spill. By any chance were you one of the workers? Many were exposed to too much of this chemical at that time. www.valdezlink.com/evos/1989photos.htm

Help your doctor pinpoint whether or not this chemical is the cause of your FM & thyroid, and dizziness:

I suspect the fainting could be from not enough mature red blood cells or not enough volume of blood. There will be trace blood in urine for years after this fatigue hits... (from immune system prematurely destroying your red blood cells); and the red blood cells will be immature. www.valdezlink.com/why_fatigue.htm I suspect many 'heart attacks' are from the affects of this chemical on the blood, too. Some comment that they have thick, dark blood.

With CFS, CFIDS, 'gulf war syndrome' www.valdezlink.com/cfid_share.htm The fatigue doesn't show up as expected in the regular blood work, thus the doctors don't look further, and that's why they say they don't know. Do you have these signs of this anemia? www.valdezlink.com/generic.htm#8

Chills
Fatigue
Pale color
Shortness of breath
Rapid heart rate
Yellow skin color (jaundice)
Dark urine
Enlarged spleen

Now this is the dictionary definition of what the signs of hemolytic anemia would be; and I suspect they are giving an example of an extreme, very obvious case; however, for most people it is all shades of gray ... and these symptoms come and go in a mild form. I share them here for you & your doctor to consider whether or not they might be a clue to hemolytic anemia's 'hiding out' & more things to go over here: www.valdezlink.com/pages/health_survey_for_doctor.htm

www.valdezlink.com/pages/check_blood.htm#retic Keep track of this number

AND the Best Research I Found
www.valdezlink.com/2-bmsds03.htm & there is extra info that doctors can pull up for free ... with more explanation ...

And more info including a 1975 example of acute acquired autoimmune hemolytic anemia

Some patients won't show any evidence of this in the blood counts, the hemoglobin, hematocrit; but the red blood cells should decline over time. And for one of the workers of the Exxon Valdez oil spill cleanup (where I learned about this chemical in the first place) who has noticeably low red blood cell counts and low white blood cell counts and low hemoglobin, this is in a very serious state. Yet, to date, he has not been diagnosed with this condition. I wonder whether the bone marrow is having difficulty making enough red blood cells? I wonder whether the immune system is 'tired' of making those white blood cells after 15 years of 'overworking?' In the beginning, however, his red blood cells would have been ragged, and beat up. It seems one's immune system is prematurely destroying your own red blood cells. I wonder whether 15 years later, there is still trace blood in urine www.valdezlink.com/pages/psa.htm or is it too minute to calibrate?

What are the size and shape of the red blood cells ... what are the cell membranes like (loosing elasticity? so fragility of red blood cells?) www.valdezlink.com/rbc_size_shape.htm It is very important to know whether or not your red blood cells are predominately premature. Because if they are, other medical tests don't read right: like white blood cell counts will read too high; liver counts will read too high. Hmm, maybe the hemoglobin is reading higher than it is?

I am not a medical person, but I have studied this chemical and talked to many people with known and suspected exposure to it. I have been very frustrated to know that this hemolytic anemia has to be there from day one ... and that since it doesn't leave, it still has to be there ... but why isn't it being found? Well, it fools the tests, that's what I think.

Why did I study this chemical?

I personally believe our nation has a pandemic, unrecognized health crisis on their hands

An e-mail request to the CDC

on Flu Symptoms

Traces of blood in urine? *

Diarrhea then Constipation?

Seizures Fainting Dizziness *

Last edited by Margaret Diann; 10-26-2008 at 04:28 AM.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links