The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Conflict posts > Vietnam

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-01-2010, 06:33 PM

Keith,

You bring up a good point about incompetent physicians. For the rest of you, I want to make sure everyone knows that you have the right to fire your VA physician. I fired one within five minutes of walking in his office. He was an arrogant SOB and I refused to let him treat me. Guys, as veterans that is our right. Don't let them fool you. You may have to fill out a form explaining why you fire them, but that's fine. Fill it out so that they know they have a problem with that individual. You do not have to submit to the care of a VA physician for whom you don't care. The only downside is that you should only do this if you absolutely have to. You may run out of options or earn a reputation. I fired that physician about 15 years ago and the subsequent treatment that I have received did not seem to suffer in any way.

Over the last forty plus years I have had wonderful VA physicians with the exception of that one jerk, but I did not even let that jerk examine me. They treat me well and I always feel that they go the extra mile to insure that my needs are all met. Maybe all of my other VA physicians spoiled me and when he displayed that "couldn't be bothered" attitude with me it set me off.

Robert
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote