Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > Political Debate

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-07-2008, 07:42 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Curtis,

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEATJERKER View Post

...I think with all good intentions is how you particape on this forum/site, and you are highly respected here for your contributations regarding veteran's issues, however,in this case, of which you present your case, and your case appears to be for the best intrests of which you believe, this "reach' was really weak,...

...I, too am not happy with what has happened in the past from all the administrations that have presided, that's pre-sided, as in the're in, and their going to decide on what's best for them,...

... The culmination of the last 8 years given the severity of the task at hand , I believe would have been similar to what we have now with any different party in the White house, right, 6 of 1, or 1/2 dozen of another,...

...I just don't think the economy, or Iraq, or the tempature of the world is going to drastically improve no matter who ends up winning this year,...

...now send me some more recipies,...

...luv ya, now isn't it nice that we speak to each other as gentlemen,...

Yes it is nice that we can speak to each other that way. And I appreciate it.

But, the "reach" of the presentation of the "case" these North Carolina veterans is verified by none other than FactCheck.org as the following clearly shows:

###START###

FactCheck.org Dismantles Another McCain Ad

By Matthew DeLong 07/29/2008 08:00AM

Anyone who has been following the story of Sen. Barack Obama's "snub" of wounded American troops during his visit to Germany last week could tell right away that Sen. John McCain's latest attack ad did not tell the whole tale. In its latest analysis, FactCheck.org, the nonpartisan fact-checking website at University of Pennsylvania's Annenberg School of Public Policy, confirms that the ad -- like many of McCain's recent ads -- plays fast and loose with the truth.

The ad, titled "Troops," resurrects several misleading claims from a previous ad that were already addressed by FactCheck.org. I'll move right along to the new stuff. As Obama dribbles a basketball in the background, an announcer says that during his trip overseas, Obama "made time to go to the gym, but cancelled a visit with wounded troops. Seems the Pentagon wouldn't allow him to bring cameras." According to FactCheck.org:

It's a fact that Obama canceled a visit to Landstuhl Regional Medical Center at the last minute after planning it for weeks. And it's a fact that reporters and their cameras would not have been allowed to accompany him. Furthermore, Obama probably did go to the gym that day, as he does practically every day. So the bare facts stated in the ad are true, but they don't support McCain's insinuation.

We can't read minds and so are in no position to know Obama's motives, or McCain's for that matter. It's unlikely, however, that the absence of press coverage would have been a factor in Obama's decision, as the ad implies. Obama says he never planned to take reporters on the Landstuhl visit, and Department of Defense rules prohibited him from taking reporters on previous visits he made with wounded troops...

The analysis continues by noting that Obama did in fact meet with wounded soldiers along with Sens. Chuck Hagel (R-Neb.) and Jack Reed (D-R.I) -- but without the press -- a couple of days earlier when he was in Baghdad.

The military's stated policy is to avoid "[a]ny activity that may be reasonably viewed as directly or indirectly associating the [Department of Defense] with a partisan political activity." Members of Congress are allowed to be photographed with the troops and appear with them while serving as public officials, but not as political candidates. When Obama was in Kuwait and Iraq, he was traveling without reporters or campaign staff and visited military installations as part of a Congressional delegation that included Sen. Reed and Republican Sen. Chuck Hagel of Nebraska. Hagel said afterward, on CBS' "Face the Nation" July 27: "We saw troops everywhere we went on the congressional delegation. We went out of our way to see those troops."

And the basketball footage, which the ad implies was taken in Germany? It was actually shot in Kuwait, where the much-discussed three-pointer took place.

This is now the eighth McCain campaign ad FactCheck.org has cited for presenting misleading or false information in the last month. There's not much that can be added that we haven't said before. Taken with the Arizona senator's repeated assertion that Obama "would rather lose a war than a political campaign" -- it is becoming clear that McCain will say whatever he has to, regardless of the truth.

###END###

Case closed!

McCain and his campaign are BOTH liars!

This PROVES IT!

Gimp

Gimpy

"MUD GRUNT/RIVERINE"

"I ain't no fortunate son"--CCR

"We have shared the incommunicable experience of war..........We have felt - we still feel - the passion of life to its top.........In our youth our hearts were touched with fire"

Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-20-2008, 10:03 AM
Banned

Just so all of you know John McCain has a very low approval rate among the VFW He has passed bills to take money away from our sick troops!
How he keeps getting away with this just is silly, He also as been a no show at several senate hearings to vote on bills to make the troops life's easier. Where is the patriotism in all of that?
SOrryyyy John Mcnutt we can't all marry in to wealth and forget that Iraq and Afghanistan have a whole country in between them!