The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-28-2003, 02:05 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Israel Considers Destroying Iran's Nuclear Program

http://www.rense.com/general42/israe...destroying.htm

TEL AVIV -- For the first time, Israel's military has raised the prospect of an operation to destroy Iran's suspected nuclear weapons program.

Israel's chief of staff, alarmed by the failure of the international community to move against Iran, has warned that Israel would consider unilateral action to stop the "nightmare scenario" of Teheran's development of nuclear weapons.

Earlier, Israeli Foreign Minister Silvan Shalom demanded that the international community stop the program.

"Iran is fast approaching the point of no return in its efforts to acquire nuclear weapons capability," Shalom said. "It's urgent that the international community act to ensure that this nightmare scenario is prevented."

Israel's Chief of Staff Lt. Gen. Moshe Ya'alon took the rhetoric up a notch.

"At the moment there is continuing international diplomatic activity to deal with this threat, and it would be good if it succeeds," Ya'alon said. "But if that is not the case we would consider our options."

Israel has never specified what action it might take to stop Iran's nuclear weapons program. But Israeli officials assert that the nation's deep-strike air capability has been vastly upgraded since Israeli F-16 multi-role fighters destroyed the Iraqi reactor at Osirak in 1981.

Officials said Israel has been dismayed by what they term the refusal by both the European Union and the United States to share the sense of urgency regarding Iran's nuclear program. Last week, Washington rejected an Israeli assessment that Iran could complete its first nuclear weapons by the end of 2004.

"The fact that a country like Iran, an enemy [of Israel] and which is particularly irresponsible, has equipped itself with nonconventional weapons is worrisome," Ya'alon said.

"The combination in this case of a nonconventional regime with nonconventional weapons is a concern."

The clearest warnings yet came on the eve of another effort by the International Atomic Energy Agency to investigate suspected Iranian violations of the Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty. The suspected violations include the unauthorized enrichment of uranium.

Three leading EU states have offered to share nuclear technology with Iran if Teheran agrees to sign a protocol for tougher nuclear inspections. Britain, Germany and France sent a letter to Iran that offered nuclear technology in a bid to defuse the confrontation with the IAEA.

In early September, the IAEA voted to give Teheran until Oct. 31 to respond to all agency inquiries over Iran's nuclear program. An IAEA delegation was expected to arrive in Iran on Sunday to conduct additional environmental sampling of nuclear facilities to test for uranium enrichment.

http://click.linksynergy.com
Old 09-29-2003, 04:54 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to BLUEHAWK
Distinctions
Contributor 

Larry -
1. I sincerely hope Israel will come to its senses and NOT do this.
2. If Israel does do this, then there will be no stopping even more radical terrorism in the region, and possibly the USA.
3. Israel would not even think of doing this if it did not believe it had the back-up of US military & financing.
4. Call me crazy or paranoid, but this is starting to sound a whole lot like another snail-paced build-up to an invasion of Iran... with or without UN resolutions.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2003, 08:34 AM

Heck, let Israel go ahead and destroy Iran along with its nuke program. If the ragheads get the idea that we won't rein in Israel any more, they might just hesitate to do something that's going to bring retribution down on them.
Old 09-29-2003, 09:07 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default Sorry Murph...

But, no way-in-hell will the foolish appeasers of this world permit such sound logic and common sense destruction of a worldwide threat come to pass.

Besides,...we all know that not long ago EVEN: "9/11" didn't change the thinking of most all foolish appeasers of foreign despots, murderers and fanatics threatening The World (nuclearly, biologically or conventionally).

Hell Murph, I would be willing to bet that even while glowing in the dark and/or dying from radiation poisoning,...the professional and career appeasers of those wishing to destroy every Infidel man, woman and child (especially Infidels living in democracies), those fools would still be proposing negotiating and diplomacy ABOVE ALL ELSE. Go figure? Even fools to the death?

Neil
Old 09-29-2003, 09:59 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 

Did anyone ever consider the possibility that threatening to bomb destroy maim and kill people has a tendency to get them really upset?

Might even have something to do with CREATING terrorism?

Yup, "... fools to the death" awright.
Old 09-29-2003, 01:11 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default Good Point,...BLUEHAWK.

Still Mike,...and since about 50 years of caving into such scum-of-the-earth has only made matters much worse and the killers more cantakerous than ever, I fail seeing what good further good chit-chatting or negotiating with such fanatics can accomplish? Well,...at least for America and the other democracies anyway.

Besides, I personally couldn't believe the words of ANY DICTATORIAL REGIMES (royal, religious or military), and especially since: "Freedom, Liberty and Equality" are unarguably the MAIN & FOREMOST BANE & THREATS to their very existence. It's not The Palestinians vis-a-vis The Jews Problem. It never really was and never really will be. Dictators simply cannot have a THRIVING democracy within their midst. It gets the natives restless.

Thusly,..THE REAL threat to most all dictators in the Middle East and THE REAL cause of most terrorism worldwide sponsored by same dictators,...is actually: "Freedom, Liberty and Equality". So,...and negotiate all you want with those having omnipotently ruled Their Subjects for thousands of years,...and all that's accomplished is wasting ones breath, and also giving a fanatical enemy more time to re-finance, re-arm, regroup and plan better and more devastating sneak attacks.

Regardless, and sort-of as the actor James(?) Woods said when being intervieved: "The only way to beat these murderous bastards, is to kill more of them faster and quicker than they can kill us". And besides,...since negotiating and diplomacy has always failed, what's wrong with trying that old approach? It worked in WWII,...didn't it?

Hey,...stick with the whimpy and defeatest ways of negotiating with Dictators about not encouraging and financing Their Subjects' terroristic acts against us, and The Dictators will always win. For myself, mine, friends and country's survival,...I say kill as many of the bums as possible before they kill us, and let the diplomats and such sort-out the bodies, and to which or what dictator in The Middle East same should be sent to for a nice Christian Burial. See,...I too have some: "Sensitivity"

Neil
Old 09-29-2003, 03:01 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 

Recon -
I know whereof you speak...

So, let us all see, this time, exactly how the rationale for what is to come compares with facts on the ground, in Iran or elsewhere. If what is being advocated is merciless killing and destruction on foreign soil, then America is in far deeper trouble than we know. The men and women on PF know better than anyone the exact meaning of taking a bullet for an idea.

I also know this much, I kill flies pre-emptively. The reason I do this is because they come into my home uninvited, bizz around all over the place, land on my face, bother my dog, leave flith, deposit eggs in unpleasant places, propagate uncontrollably, and they will not leave on request. I do the same with fleas, mosquitoes and ticks.

For several hundred years Western culture has been trying to kill middle eastern flies. None of the great civilizations prior to ours has yet to fully succeed. In fact they may win battles, they may occupy nations, and they may bring different governments... but they always leave and things return to where they were and worse.

It matters far less what OUR perception is of their treachery, than what THEIR perception is of ours... and, my brother in arms, America has been and still is guilty there of treachery and hypocrisy which they have spent these hundreds of years indoctrinating their children to resist, at ANY cost.

So though it is the tendency, when a friend urges great caution, to decide that his position is defeatist, appeasing and isolationist... I implore those who would say so to look at history, again, more closely. And, I would say also to them that if "we" must strike, then let the strike be forever. Let it not be a strike which whittles away at the power of our youth and at the core of our treasury while ignoring the needs of our homes. Let it be, moreover, a strike with which there can be NO doubt associated.

And, since the proposed enemy are not flies, let us recall that they have every reason to believe the propaganda our government broadcasts about them every day.
Old 09-29-2003, 03:07 PM

I'm no geography whiz, and I really don't give a rat's ass what Israel does to who - that's their business, not ours. But it seems to me the only way they can get at Iran is through air space we technically control at the moment. Anything they do is going to look like it either came from us or we were complicit in arranging. In the end, just more fuel for the "Imperialist-Zionist conspiracy" crowd.
Old 09-29-2003, 03:57 PM

They got my vote - it can't make anything any more worse than it already is. Iran is not a favorite son - and I can still see our people being held hostage for over a year - plus they tortured that one Colonel or General -

I'm watching Kadafi I don't trust that drugist one bit. The whole area should've been glass'd over.

Why advertise is my motto if you're gonna do something why tell the world - just do it and say - It wasn't me!!

No matter what comes down it's going to be a mess regardless. North Korea is still doin their thing and we ain't over there doing anything.

Hell we bomb them - and then given them all our money - what a deal. It's ficious circle we live in and right now we are the ones with the big stick and no body likes that.

O Almighty Lord God, who neither slumberest nor sleepest; Protect and assist, we beseech thee, all those who at home or abroad, by land, by sea, or in the air, are serving this country, that they, being armed with thy defence, may be preserved evermore in all perils; and being filled with wisdom and girded with strength, may do their duty to thy honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"

Last edited by 82Rigger; 07-14-2008 at 12:59 AM.