The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Military News > Homeland Security

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-13-2017, 03:17 PM

Default Statement from Secretary Kelly on Arrest of Cartel Member Suspected of Murdering U.S.

Statement from Secretary Kelly on Arrest of Cartel Member Suspected of Murdering U.S. Border Patrol Agent

04-13-2017 10:13 AM

Release Date:
April 13, 2017

For Immediate Release
Office of the Press Secretary

WASHINGTON – On behalf of the Department of Homeland Security, I want to express my gratitude to our counterparts in Mexico on the arrest of Heraclio Osorio-Arellanes, a cartel member suspected of shooting and killing U.S. Border Patrol agent Brian A. Terry on December 14, 2010.* Brian A. Terry was killed in a gunfight between U.S. Border Patrol agents and members of a cartel “rip crew” that regularly patrolled the desert along the U.S.-Mexico border looking for drug dealers to rob. Four members of the “rip crew” have already been sentenced to jail time in the U.S. The last remaining member of the “rip crew” is believed to still be at large.

Under the Trump administration, we have renewed our cooperation with Mexico to better secure our border and address cross-border crime. *This latest arrest illustrates the commitment of the Administration to seek justice for the brave law enforcement personnel who risk their lives every day to protect the border.

I also want to commend the dedicated professionals of U.S. Customs and Border Protection, U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement, the Drug Enforcement Administration, and the U.S. Marshals who provided critical support to our Mexican counterparts. I am grateful for the dedication and collaborative efforts of the law enforcement community in both Mexico and the U.S. in bringing this arrest to fruition.

My hope is that this arrest will mark a significant step in bringing closure to Agent Terry’s family and his colleagues and friends at DHS. *The thoughts and prayers of the entire DHS family continue to be with the Terrys.* *

###

Topics:
Border Security

Keywords:
Customs and Border Protection,
U. S. Border Patrol,
cbp,
Immigrations and Customs Enforcement,
Mexico,
Border Security,
border violence

More...