Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

View Poll Results:
0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-13-2003, 04:17 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to deltamedic
Default Gas Poll

Would like to poll one and all to gauge your feelings about the gas prices of late....

The question is: Do you feel boycotting Exxon/Mobil would force gas prices to drop?

Doc
Attached Images
File Type: jpg i_ll_take_it_from_here......jpg (66.1 KB, 73 views)
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-13-2003, 08:11 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 

DOC-

"ONLY BY BRINGING $$$$ PRESSURE UPON ALL GAS PRODUCERS WOULD THE PRICE OF OIL PRODUCTS COME DOWN!!!!!!!!

AND IT IS STILL MY OPINION THAT (AT THIS POINT)THE OVER-INFLATED GAS CRISIS IS ARTIFICIAL AND $$$$ SPAWNED BY THOSE WHO LEAVE NO $$$$ STONE UNTURNED!"

"Immense Fortunes" are (again) being made off of the pain and sacrifices of the common Joe by "Big Oil!" And I do believe that if the CEOs of the Major Producers developed "gaseous hemorrhoids or warts", the price of gas would again jump a buck a gallon, and executive vacations to the French Riviera would experience a dramatic rise!

Rather than the Mediterranean, however, might I suggest that those making (another) fortune on the backs of others, take their vacations in Baghdad? "And while they are at it, let them stay there!!"

(My Opinions)

VERITAS
Old 03-13-2003, 08:57 AM

Problem is ... too many sheep would break the boycott ... making it ineffective and, in the end, useless.

Look at the people that participate in the panic buying as soon as the prices start going up. You think they're using their heads? lol

The Old Sarge
Old 03-13-2003, 03:29 PM

Default Boycott?

I don't think it would do any good.
Old 03-13-2003, 05:01 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Post I have never understood

I have never understood all the explanations on gasoline prices.
I don't believe the oil exs know what they are doing, except charging as much as they can get by. I know most states and federal government don't like high prices because they put a tax per gallon and high prices means less usage and less taxes for the government. Really believe someone should do an investigation on oil and oil pricing but it won't be done because they are such a strong financially supported lobby. They carry almost as much power as the federal government. I believe it really hurts low income folks like myself more than the upper middle class and rich.

American people are tooooo independent to do a nationwide boycott. If they would co-operate I know oil prices would come down but Americans are tooo independent to co-operate.

Keith
Old 03-13-2003, 09:51 PM

The sad part of this situation is that once they get the price up where they want it , it will never come back down . Just like the sin tax on tabacco and alcohol . The money they make off the lotto , etc. , etc. , etc. Thats our government working for us , they allow it to happen . What I don't understand is that unemployment , as bad as it is right now , that the government can't take care of its own . But they can offer to give Turkey 40 BILLION dollars . It just don't make sense to me . Thats my opinion !
BE Good To Yourself And Respect Your Elders
Death And Destruction Professionally U.S.M.C.
Old 03-14-2003, 04:06 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to deltamedic

I noted something new last week while on a trip to Virginia and that was that gas stations there are now selling gas by octane rating. Whereas most places you see unleaded, mid grade, and premium..these folks have prices posted based on octane level you buy such as 87, 89, 93, and 97....all in all they have 5 prices as opposed to 3 that most states have to select from.

Exxon-Mobil is considered the leader in the gas industry much like American and United Airlines are in that industry. When they go up, make changes the others like little zombies follow suit hence the poll question against Exxon-Mobile...One thing for sure, there is very little people in this country ever stick together on to acheive needed results. If we would look at other races of people and how they stick together they have power to effect change but we as a people are far to soft and have the mental attitiude of let someone else do it or its not my problem or worse yet..what could I do; I'm only one person...oh well, we roll on and complain all the more

Doc

And I asked: would you have dollars or sense?
Old 03-14-2003, 11:26 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default Deltamedic...

Boycotts only ever work when ONLY A FEW out of many are making obscenely-excessive profits and/or price gouging The Public mercilessly. When MOST ALL are in-cahoots at greedily ripping-off The Public at every opportunity, boycotting one or two corporate thieves OUT OF MANY,...is absolutely worthless.

Want something done, put governmental feet to the fire, since there are a multitude of governmental beaurocrats, lawyers, agencies and regulators up-the-wazoo....whose sole jobs (supposedly?) are to protect The Public from large scale corporate rip-offs in general.

Besides, and since all paid for by The Public, doesn't anyone else think it absurd that so many lawyers waste there time (OUR MONEY also) on the likes of Microsoft instead? No matter what Microsoft did (or didn't do), such only effected their competitors and/or other corporate giants.

Thusly, and since all oaths in government are taken to protect US, and since The People pay quite dearly so these agencies can protect US,...why-the-hell don't those Public Hirelings (ie. Public Servants) merely do what The Public pays them to do for US?

Sure, "They" always fail miserably or simply shrug-off The Utilities' rip-offs as inconsequential and/or the typical excuse called: "Supply & Demand". Great surprise at normally cold winters and normally hot summers being the excuse for such corporate theivery aside, SO WHAT? Now's a good chance to finally get it right,...with The Gasoline Gouging. Besides, the lawyers don't even have to be: "Clarence Darrows" to prosecute such obvious thieveries.
I've no doubt whatsoever that ANYONE fresh out of Law School could easily convict the greedy price-fixers of such a great necessity, which effects everyone.

Neil
Old 03-14-2003, 02:39 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to judyvillecco

Sorry Doc I think you'd have better luck getting a petition in a public arena than getting cooperation here on such an undertaking but I think it was a good Idea. Our beaurecrats will do nothing to stop price gouging or corporate greed but you are right the dollars wee pay and another revolution at the gas pumps would.
Old 03-14-2003, 05:05 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default not about oil,...

...but none the same...

...go in, and kick sa-dumb a$$ for his stupidity in playing with everyone's lives with WMD, and use the oil to rebuild Iraq,
...AND,...

...USE PORTIONS OF THE EXPORT TO PAY FOR 40 BILLION TO TURKEY, AND ALL OTHER COSTS INVOLDED IN DISARMING HIM,
...AND,...
...MAKE THEM PAY FOR EVERY ASPECT OF GULF WAR ILLNESS TO EVERY GULF WAR VET THAT NOW SUFFERS FROM GWS...

...I read today that they are considering that "low levels" of sarin gas could be the main cause of GWS...

...If proven, make Iraq pay for everything associated forever.....

Tom "ANDY" Andrzejczyk