The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > Political Debate

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-11-2004, 10:47 AM

Default The Common Man's Man!

The man of the common folk, John F. Kerry...he understands your pain, really...

The many homes of the "Common Man" presidential candidate John Kerry.

1. Fox Chapel, PA (assessment $3.7 million)
2. Ketchum, Idaho ski getaway/vacation home
(assessment $4.916 million)
3. Washington, DC (Georgetown) (assessed at $4.7 million)
4. Nantucket waterfront retreat on Brant Pond
(assessed at $9.18 million)
5. Boston, MA (Beacon Hill) (assessed at $6.9 Million)
6. Italian Estate (sold to actor George Clooney just before announcing his candidacy for $7.8 million)
7. Other foreign property value unknown because Kerry has denied repeated requests for this information.

Class warfare is not right, but neither is being a hypocrite. This man wants to be our President while claiming that he relates to Joe-6-Pack and the common man. He wants to raise income taxes on the rich, well guess what? He won't pay those taxes because he is already rich! He wants to make it harder for you to get rich by raising taxes on your income! Talk about snobbery and protecting his "Class".
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-11-2004, 07:49 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Common?

From my vantage point, the only thing common about John F**ing Kerry is his first name. Any other connection to him and the common man is as specious as his war record.

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
Old 04-12-2004, 06:35 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default THIS IS

one of the several problems that I have with this guy. And I'm a DEM. To me, just watching and listening to him, he comes across as someone trying to project this image but not quite catching it. I'm just a blue collar Mick that grew up in a blue collar Mick neighborhood. He might be a Mick, but he will never convince me that he is from my neighborhood; no matter how hard he tries.

Kennedy was a rich Mick and never claimed to be anything else but. However, he had a way of speaking to the common man without the impression that he was having to try hard to do it, or sound like he was talking down to people. He had a real sincerity to him. Kerry doesn't.....to me, anyway. However, Bush doesn't quite make it with me either, no matter how much he tries to come across as just a country boy Texas rancher. Doesn't quite make it.

As a Moderate Democrat that genuinely wants to make a good, informed decision about how to cast my vote with a good conscience, I'm in a quandry. Same as last election. I felt like I had the choice between Tweedle Dee or Tweedle Dum.
Old 04-12-2004, 07:23 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Tom

Believe me, there's nothing wrong with being a country boy Texas rancher! And I do agree with your assessment and understanding about the real JFK; he wasn't a pretender, and never even appeared to want/need to apologize for his family's wealth and status. Maybe that's the difference between established wealth and nouveau riche.

For me, the basic question is: who can better protect America? Absent a protected America, all benefit plans, all governmental programs, all the best intentions are for naught. From what I've seen and read, Kerry would not be a strong defender of America, relying on the UN to carry much of the water. And we all know how porous their water bucket is.

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
Old 04-12-2004, 07:52 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default BRICE

For sure, nothing wrong with being a country boy Texas rancher......if that's what you genuinely are. President Bush isn't. He just tries to project that image and I think it falls short. He's a guy that was born with a silver spoon in his mouth into one of the more powerful families of Texas and Washington D.C.. To me, he often comes across as a phoney same as Kerry.

As far as the other things you mentioned, all good points. I'm just going to have to weigh things out for myself for the next several months. President Bush's track record and stances on some things hasn't impressed me on several issues. He's too conservative for me at times, as Kerry is too liberal. Plus, I have to be honest in saying that I have felt lied to by this administration more than once. That's too bad. It was mostly on things that I would have agreed with if told the truth up front. These are all past and done with, and not open to discussion anymore. I'm still on the fence with both of these guys and could fall either way. I vote my conscience, even if it means leaving that part of the ballot blank. Both of these guys have until NOV to impress me. They need to do better than they have so far.
Old 04-13-2004, 05:28 AM

First off....this guy is no "Mick", he's a Jewish convert to Catholocism who had his last name changed to fit in with the Boston Brahmins. There's nothing Irish about Kerry except his name. Remember this guy is in the same club from Yale as Dubya.....Skull and Bones. He was born with a silver spoon in his mouth and has never had a "Real Job" in his life. This "Pretender to the Throne" has never had to work for a living.
Old 04-13-2004, 10:46 AM

Distinctions
Staff VOM 
Wink And then there's Ted

Clearly, the 2004 election is going to be all about class warfare. It?s the Yale class of ?66 Vs. the Yale class of ?68.

Just a comment about the more conservative senator from Massachusetts. Teddy Kennedy is now saying Iraq is GW?s Vietnam. That?s odd, shouldn?t he say it?s his Chappaquiddick? I swear I wouldn?t buy a waterlogged 1967 Oldsmobile from that guy.

I said he was the conservative senator from our state, here?s a quote from Ted dated September of 2002; ?We must make sure this madman (Hussein) never has the capacity to hurt us with a nuclear weapon or to use stockpiles on anthrax what we know he has, or VX, the biological weapons which he possesses.? Please keep this in mind the next time Ted is on TV.

Stay healthy,
Andy
Old 04-13-2004, 01:13 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Well Andy, pop goes the weasel I suppose. Just a scoch bit ago it seems that Sen. Kerry?s candidacy was on the rocks, an also ran in a large field and Dean & Co. were calling the shots, and was a shoe-in candidate for the up coming DNC Convention. Then pop, no Dean no more, a whole new Kennedy outfit is running the Kerry candidacy and now we got a ?patrician faced, salt and pepper haired, ta dot ta da, something, something, common man?s man, etc.?. A slingshot pass from the middle of the pack and it?s all over but the mandatory show of hands at the DNC Convention. Given all that, I really don?t think we need to get all that acquainted with the self- promoted and self-alleged living legend Kerry. No doubt at all that the real candidate is none other than the Senior Senator from Massachusetts, his Royal Nibs Teddy. Tiz Teddy?s policies and politics that are on the voting plate so I?m curious as to why we need Sen. Kerry (AKA: Charlie McCarthy) reiterating the reiterated reiterative and doing the ?ET phone home? deal so he can inform us what Teddy wants and thinks. It?s Teddy we need to pay attention too, not Kerry, I?m thinking.

All ?n all, this turn of events seems to have popped the wheels clean off the Clinton war wagon and it?s gotten very quiet in that sector, kind of like everyone is just letting the phone ring and/or no one is calling. Curious, as the pending and/or future Hillary Candidacy was all but a done deal just a short bit ago. These days I see Hillary is front-page material in the Super Market tabloids, but the topic is not about politics or a potential Presidential Candidacy I?d say, hardly.
Maybe the high-speed barracuda Kennedy clan has shunted her to earth for the time being or permanently. But on the upside, it?s not lonely in Teddy?s landfill operation. Paaaaaa-lenty of company these days it seems. I bet Teddy had to bite real hard on a thick oak stick when the Terminator became the Gubernator, LOL, what a deal.

Scamp
Old 04-13-2004, 01:36 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default Fellas...

For me, and since despising politics and especially career politicians and/or: "Schnoorers" (those living well over the labors of others),...I must go The Conservative Route, since logic, common sense and plain old survivability dictate such being my only rational choice.

I figure that if Kerry and clique, whom babble the very same foreign favoring nonsense that their French, German, Russian and UN counterparts do (only differences being accents),...me and mine and America's survivability are next to nil.

Whereas, if during this WARTIME (even as one-sidedly politically-correct as it is foolishly being conducted) I figure me and mine and America stand a better than even chance at survival with Bush and Conservatives normally (though quite differently) favoring America over all other nations, calling-the-shots.

Hey,...I'd rather be RIGHT (both ways) and alive,...rather than LEFT (both ways) dead. Guess I'm funny that way,...or just chicken?

Neil
Old 04-13-2004, 04:07 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Thumbs down THANKS MURPH

I didn't know this. This guy just went down another notch with me. This isn't some form of anti-semitism, either. I have no respect for a person that will turn his back on his heritage out of some sense of shame, just to "fit in" for his own personal advancement. I wonder what his family's thoughts are on this.

Just proves my Grandfather right: "Tommy, there's two kinds of people in the world. The Irish and those who wish they were Irish."

PROUD TO BE A "MICK"