The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Conflict posts > Vietnam

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-27-2008, 12:39 PM

Send a message via AIM to inhonurofswa
Default I'm so sorry

I am truly sorry for how selfish I have been acting. Sometimes I have these days where the war just hits me. I watched Platoon the other night and war has been on my mind since. I read all those responses to my stupid brain scan and I thought, "Oh my god, there are soldiers who are feeling what I am feeling times 1,000,000,000,000 and here I am acting like a baby" This afternoon I lost feeling in my leg and as I was freaking out it hit how ridiculous I am being. Usually I am more selfless person, I don't know what came over me. The feeling is back but that doesn't even matter, what matters is the real pain that is going on in the world, I'm just one person with about a trillion people who have it worse than me. So I am truly sorry for being selfish. You guys are the ones who should be on here telling everything that's wrong. I have no right to, I haven't earned the right to. I hope my uncle isn't too disappointed.

taylor
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-27-2008, 01:45 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Taylor
You're not the selfish one...we are. Bare with me for a moment and I'll explain.
Us ole guys want you to experience a long an healthy life, and here's the reason why.
You're gonna graduate from High school then on to college where you'll get that big degree. Then you'll land that big job, make lotsa money where part of that money gets sent to the Social Security office which will be equally divided amongst us ole guys. So quit worrying, get well, work hard, and make your donation to our retirement fund ......Feel better now?

God bless the ACLU
Old 03-27-2008, 01:56 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Bob...

You have such a way with words...

Taylor....he's right!

Also, Platoon is not a good Vietnam Movie. Watch "We Were Soldiers Once" much better!

Pack

"DISSENT IS PATRIOTIC!" (unknown people for the past 8 years, my turn now)
Old 03-27-2008, 03:50 PM

Send a message via AIM to inhonurofswa
Default We were soldier once

I absolutely love We Were Soldiers Once, own the book and the movie absolutely wonderful, Platoon was just on my shelf, first time I watched it, it gave me a very weird feeling, haven't figured it out yet.

taylor
Old 03-27-2008, 04:05 PM

The movies I really like to watch (and many a times over & over)
“Apocalypse Now” & “The Deer Hunter”

“Coming home” is up with them also “Full metal jacket” and “We were Soldiers”

Old 03-28-2008, 05:50 AM

BobK - you are the man no finer words could be spoken.

O Almighty Lord God, who neither slumberest nor sleepest; Protect and assist, we beseech thee, all those who at home or abroad, by land, by sea, or in the air, are serving this country, that they, being armed with thy defence, may be preserved evermore in all perils; and being filled with wisdom and girded with strength, may do their duty to thy honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"
Old 03-28-2008, 09:06 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Taylor :

You are in my prayers.

May God Bless,

Larry
Old 03-28-2008, 01:58 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Quote:
Originally Posted by inhonurofswa View Post
I absolutely love We Were Soldiers Once, own the book and the movie absolutely wonderful, Platoon was just on my shelf, first time I watched it, it gave me a very weird feeling, haven't figured it out yet.

taylor
Advice from your Uncle Brice: take that movie 'Platoon,' and burn it in a very closed container. It is an absolute lie, designed to criminalize all us former grunts by a director who obviously hates America. That alone shold make you fell much better!

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
Old 04-11-2008, 08:29 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

The one thing Stone's movies have in common is their pandering to the base cynicism of the left. Over and over he has mytholized history to what the left would like it to be. Nobody I know of has sold his soul to get the approval of Hollywood more than Stone. To hell with the art he is in it for the money and he took the easiest way to it.
Old 04-11-2008, 09:14 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Doc and Scout...

I agree so much with both of your statements. The American and Foreign public was sucked in to believe that Platoon was "the definative movie of Vietnam". Bull! Won't watch it nor recommend to anyone. If I had been in the 25th especially I'd a been even more pissed. The Nazi Flag on the M-113 was the final straw. (Gee, what was the inuendo there?)

Pack

"DISSENT IS PATRIOTIC!" (unknown people for the past 8 years, my turn now)