The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Conflict posts > Vietnam

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-21-2009, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy C. View Post
My service and identity were questioned, then I became a subject of ridicule. My hide is thick and my memory is long.
Yeah. Randy, I was accused of being you. I took that as a compliment though. I just wonder if a few still want to kick my ass. It would be worth a plane ticket to see that.

Seriosly, I probably would of acted the same way had I been in their shoes. So I hold no grudges. If I did I wouldn't be here now.
Let's hope there are better days ahead.

Jon
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-21-2009, 07:13 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default David

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
Packo's account has been reactivated.

Many thanks,

Gimp

Gimpy

"MUD GRUNT/RIVERINE"

"I ain't no fortunate son"--CCR

"We have shared the incommunicable experience of war..........We have felt - we still feel - the passion of life to its top.........In our youth our hearts were touched with fire"

Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr.
Old 10-23-2009, 05:30 PM

I came here, originally, for one reason and that was to clear FarmBoy's name and rep. I guess that's been done, with the help of some really great SF guys and some of the men over at PF-2 with the ability to think for themselves.
I tried to tell you guys that you were walking all over your dicks and didn't even know it.
Charlie Noyes
Old 10-23-2009, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDNovember View Post
I came here, originally, for one reason and that was to clear FarmBoy's name and rep. I guess that's been done, with the help of some really great SF guys and some of the men over at PF-2 with the ability to think for themselves.
I tried to tell you guys that you were walking all over your dicks and didn't even know it.
Charlie Noyes
Charlie,

Let me defend the guys here, not that they need my help. They were first befriended, then burned by Ronnabee the wannabee. So they looked at new guys coming here saying something they thought was unlikely based on what they had been led to believe in the past as being questionable at best.

Mike just happened to stumble into a hornet's nest that was the result of how Ronnabee abused friendships on this forum. It looks to me from reading some of the ancient history about Ronnabee as though guys here, guys that were friends before Ronnabee, were starting to question themselves or others about who knew what when. What a shame.

If it would have been me that signed up here before Mike, I am sure that they would have been all over me like ugly on an ape. I was way younger than Mike when I went in SF and was in the Army just over two years -- highly unlikely. But it wasn't me, it was Mike, so he became the lightly rod.

Then a bunch of Mike's long-time friends like you came to his aid. That made the FOGs here, with the memories of Ronnabee still fresh, lash out thinking that they may have another wannabee, possibly even a single guy signing in as multiple people, and maybe even Ronnabee himself trying to get back at the guys on this forum, disrupting things here.

The more I read about this Ronnabee, the more I see what trouble he has caused here, on PF-2 and elsewhere, as well as for Mike.

Yes some things were said here that folks regretted, but apologized. I am all for moving on and letting the mistakes of the past be forgotten.

Like you, I knew Mike in Viet Nam and I was ready to defend him, but by the time I came here to see what all the fuss was about, Doc, and maybe one or two others, stated that Mike was the real deal and everyone was moving on. I saw no reason for me to make trouble over the farmboy issue, but then I started reading about Ronnabee...

I, for one, would like to see Mike get back active here and on PF-2 and let's move on.

As for Ronnabee and other wannabees, let's keep ever vigilant and hold their feet to the fire. All they are doing is stealing the valor of others, all the while turning read deal guys against one another.

Robert

PS: I warned y'll a few weeks ago --don't get me started on wannabees.
Old 10-23-2009, 08:35 PM

Smile

Charlie,
I understand your feelings on this matter but I hope no one holds a grudge against anyone that spoke in haste or made false assumptions, good intentioned or not, about those who recently endured such a bad experience when joining PF's. This vetting experience was distasteful for a number of reasons but I do hope that we can come together as friends and not as suspicious antagonists.
I also believe that most of us think for ourselves. I know I have never been much of a follower and I certainly try to see my target clearly before I squeeze one off.

Robert,
Thank you for your gracious words of explanation and reconciliation and I do hope they don't fall on deaf ears.

Semper Fi gentlemen
Old 10-24-2009, 10:31 AM

Guys;
I guess I should have placed a smiley face at the end of my last statement above.
It wasn't meant to sound as angry or as antagonistic as it does this morning. Sorry.

I stated earlier here that my sole purpose was to clear my friend's name, and that once that was done, you wouldn't be hearing from me again.

That was the last statement I made before I was banned. I've been reinstated, but the computer I was using at the time is still blocked from accessing the PF site.

I'm not angry with David or anyone else.

My post last evening was just a statement of fact, and I should have ensured that it wasn't misunderstood as being anything else. I guess it kind of sounds like an "I told you so" message. It wasn't meant to be such.

I apologize if I offended anyone.

!!!!!

Charlie
Old 10-24-2009, 11:35 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Post Now that the war is over...

I was in MACV HQ in Saigon in the Operations section. Our duty, besides all military operations in country, was the 90 day prisoner exchange.

The cease fire went into effect at 0800, 1 Jan 1973.

The only military incident that went through our office after the cease fire was an American chopper shoot down while on a 4 party mission.

Farmboy said he left the peninsula on 7 Feb 1973, as only 1 of 2 Soldiers. I was on the last military plane leaving country headed home on 31 March 1973. I arrived at home on April 1. This was supposed to leave only the Marine guards at the Embassy.

When you make statements as if they are everyone's reality, use caution because you can't be everywhere all the time.

My DD214 is posted. For those of you who read my DD214, yes Joy is my wife, Linda is my ex because, for 1 reason, she was sleeping with Navy SEALS, who also never served a day. So there is not only a big red button for fake special forces on this site.

Oh, my eldest daughter is married to a former Navy seal.

Darrel
Old 10-24-2009, 11:40 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 

It would be a shame if some of you didn't stick around. We really are nice people. Just as Keith. He wouldn't lie.

I'm sure we can find many other things to agree and disagree about.

Joy

Old 10-24-2009, 11:59 AM

Charlie,
I have no problem with anyone on this site but those who abuse the trust extended to them in brotherhood by promoting deception and manipulation of facts for personal gain or acceptance. These people leave nothing but confusion and lies in their wake and cause undo suspicion among friends and brothers in arms. Their goal in life is to be perceived as something they are not and in the process damage the legacy of not only we survivors but those brothers that we all left behind. These same fallen that we all know are the real heroes of any war call out for justice. That is why I get so upset when someone like this recent character 39 not only insults our intelligence but also refuses to go away when caught. He just pops up on another site, with the same handle even because his arrogance dictates his behavior, not rational thinking or shame.
Again, thank you for coming to the defense of your fellow SF member and friend, I would do no less nor expect any less from someone such as yourself.

I consider it an honor to have read your stories on this site, for whatever reason you came here for, and I for one wish you well and a long life my new friend.

Semper Fi
Old 10-24-2009, 12:05 PM

Without doing a search back to look at the posts, I still feel quite confident that FarmBoy was not the one that posted about being one of only a few men at any certain place in 1973.

When I left Bu Dop in late April 1970, FarmBoy was still there. Bu Dop was turned over to RF/PF in Dec, 1970. I suspect FarmBoy had already Derosed by that time, and I know he wasn't still in the army in 1973.

That was someone else's story. Figure out who that was, and then pick it apart, if you wish.

Charlie Noyes