The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > Political Debate

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-21-2003, 04:47 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Angry Across The Damned Board?

The people of any nation begin to lose control when their politicians and cling-ons (bureaucrats) become mightier than the will and well being of the citizenry! ?This is an arrogance born of greed and nurtured in the furnaces of untouchability!?

Once elected, far too politicos are afflicted with a terminal case of memory loss. This soon degenerates into a stupor of complacency, apathy and me-ism that borders upon royalty!? (opinion)

?Such, I fear, is the case in California?, where ?Big Oil? (with the help of government), has raped the populace for years. (another opinion). Of course, one would think that with a ?Recall? in progress, our State government would be working overtime to quell public ire and discontent. Instead, however, our sides have been ripped open by the vested swords of the powerful, wielded, at least in part, by the State?s Chief Executive and his financial director!

Many California motorists have been dealt a nearly fatal wound in the form of treble (triple) vehicle license fees that will take effect this October. You heard me right, the already hard-pressed people of the Golden (in name only) State, will see the price of their tags soar by 300% in just a few months!

?This whopping increase in license fees is said to be necessary because of (so-called) insufficient general funds in the State, but I have a question to pose??

With the ?California Lottery? going great guns, and the intended recipients of the profits (California's Schools) still claiming to be getting screwed - ?Where did all of this money go Mr. Governor?!?

As a result of this massive assault against ?California?s Driving Middle Class and Poor?, many may now have to chose between food, medicines, doctors or even paying the rent, if they intend to continue driving legally!?

Of course, like most politicos, the target of this recall (Governor), is blaming others for triggering this ghastly increase in auto fees?! Well ?GUV?, if someone else did indeed load-up this attack against California motorists, who actually is pulling the trigger?

I even hear where the ?Terminator,? Arnold (Hang-Around) Schwarzenegger, is making a run at the governor?s mansion himself. If, however, the current ?Hurrah For Me, To Hell With You?, bi-partisan political practices continue, maybe we should emulate Arnold and apply a little muscle, by ?Cleaning House, Clear Across The Board!??

VERITAS