The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > Political Debate

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-12-2005, 06:19 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default RE: Arrows response

Quote:
Originally posted by Arrow Praise the Lord the war is spreading? I don't know what the Lord God Almighty thinks of having his name invoked in such a manner.

There is nothing funny or satirical in your solutions to this war Blue. Theyare far from representative of the majority ofmen and women of theseUnited Statesno matter their political affiliation.

Theyareespecially not representativeof thosewho have experiencedthe horror of war up close and personal. My brother was a maxio surgical tech on the USS Repose. He helped the surgeons on that ship put the faces of our terribly wounded back together for two and half years. Civilian casualties were received on that ship also. What he did on that ship was in his words "the most honorable thing" he ever did in his life. That's the mindset of a man that has seen the horror of warand was charged with trying to put back together what war had torn apart.

Volunteer as a medic Blueand go off to the killing zone and come back and tell me how you feel aboutspreading death and destruction and the killing of innocents. Your thoughts of how to win a war may be far different.

Steve, James, and Larry are right. You're off the hook on this Blue.

Arrow>>>>>>
Blue, your idiotic and ridiculous 'message' has just been reduced to a pile of crap that it really is and totally discredited by one of the most respected and thoroughly thoughtful individuals that frequent this site.

Nice job there Blue.................More posts like YOURS and I'm certain we can convince more & more folks just how absolutely stupid or insane the far-right-headed folks have become who are in charge of the 'Guvment' and how BAD a change is necessary!

Gimpy

"MUD GRUNT/RIVERINE"

"I ain't no fortunate son"--CCR

"We have shared the incommunicable experience of war..........We have felt - we still feel - the passion of life to its top.........In our youth our hearts were touched with fire"

Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-12-2005, 06:23 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to BLUEHAWK
Distinctions
Contributor 

You and yours are gonna lose this war, Gimpy.

If I were you, I'd gird my loins for the inevitable outcome.

Your "number" has been gotten.
Old 11-12-2005, 06:33 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default My

'number'?????

Your math 'skills' (like your skills of perception)won't allow you to count that HIGH!

Gimpy

"MUD GRUNT/RIVERINE"

"We have shared the incommunicable experience of war..........We have felt - we still feel - the passion of life to its top.........In our youth our hearts were touched with fire"

Old 11-12-2005, 06:39 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default Re: My

Quote:
Originally posted by Gimpy 'number'?????

Your math 'skills' (like your skills of perception)won't allow you to count that HIGH!
We both, presumably, attended American public schools.
Old 11-12-2005, 09:19 AM

Distinctions
POM Contributor 

Pronunciation: "ha-l&-'l?-y&
Function: interjection
Etymology: Hebrew halleluyAh praise (ye) the Lord
-- used to express praise, joy, or thanks

The 'Personal' Name of the 'God of Israel' by which He anciently revealed Himself to Moses(Exodus 6:2) 'YAH' is spelt in original Hebrew, with the 10th letter of the Hebrew alphabet - the 'yood', smallest letter in the alphabet, represented by the inverted comma ( ' ). YAHU also has the meaning of 'He is YAH'

If you don't want to argue Blue it's probably best to stay away from the political debate forum. It's always been my understanding that one can not have a debate unless there are at least two sides of an argument presented.Your replydidn't addressanything in my post except the first sentence and the definition of the word hallelujah.

I understand we are at war. I'm not responsible for others behavior towards you.I've never made fun of you.You need to realize Blue it wouldn't have mattered if my best friend put up a thread condoning the killing of civilians they would have heard the same words from me. You might want to read to the end of the thread put up by Jerry D on Marine Intel to see what the young Marine has to say about the killing of civilians.

Arrow>>>>>>

Thomas Jefferson, Kentucky Resolutions of 1798: "In questions of power then, let no more be heard of confidence in man, but bind him down from mischief by the chains of the Constitution."
Old 11-12-2005, 10:51 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

"Praise the Lord, Hallelujah", on the other hand, is a time-honored shibboleth of American religious fundamentalists. Trust me... I been there and done that stupid trip, twice."

I would really like you to further explain this comment.

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.

Shibboleth is the Hebrew word that literally means "torrent of water" or "stream".[1] In the Hebrew Bible, pronunciation of this word was used to distinguish members of a group whose dialect lacked a "sh" sound from members of a group whose dialect included such a sound. The consequences of getting it wrong were fatal:

Old 11-12-2005, 05:21 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 

Arrow -

Quite so... and, my apologies for the quip.

In any event, I was not using the word in any religious sense whatsoever, and to the extent I used it at all it was done sardonically... not that it matters.

I would not and am not condoning the killing of civilians... but, someone out there certainly is and they have to be stopped.

My original post probably should have been kept to myself... born, as it was, of intense frustration. I say that because it really wasn't an arguable point to begin with, nor was it made in jest.

As horrific as it sounds though, maybe there is a chance that by the terror spreading to other nations, more and more of those who want it to end will rise up and do something about it. And, yes, in that sense I hope they do help.

Thusfar, it is mainly Americans and British who are carrying most of the load... but primarily Americans. And, oddly enough, this situation sort of reminds me of when Britain took the Nazis on while almost everyone else hung around debating the fine points and casting blame until it WAS almost too late... it took four years or so of fighting on two brutal fronts to destroy those enemy, and I see no sign of their contemporary manifestation easing off either. In fact, they are escalating.

King Abdullah II recently stated that he wanted Jordan to become a leader in thwarting terrorism... and, for that reason (probably more than because Jordan is our ally) three of OUR Hotels in Jordan were attacked; most of the killed and maimed being Muslims.

So I, like many of us here, am wondering exactly how many more of these experiences is the rest of the world willing to endure before we all put aside our relatively petty disputes and cut out the beating heart of Islamic Jihad.

I've never once felt that you ever have made fun of me, Arrow. Thank you, for that, too.

Quote:
Originally posted by Arrow Pronunciation: "ha-l&-'l?-y&
Function: interjection
Etymology: Hebrew halleluyAh praise (ye) the Lord
-- used to express praise, joy, or thanks

The 'Personal' Name of the 'God of Israel' by which He anciently revealed Himself to Moses(Exodus 6:2) 'YAH' is spelt in original Hebrew, with the 10th letter of the Hebrew alphabet - the 'yood', smallest letter in the alphabet, represented by the inverted comma ( ' ). YAHU also has the meaning of 'He is YAH'

If you don't want to argue Blue it's probably best to stay away from the political debate forum. It's always been my understanding that one can not have a debate unless there are at least two sides of an argument presented.Your replydidn't addressanything in my post except the first sentence and the definition of the word hallelujah.

I understand we are at war. I'm not responsible for others behavior towards you.I've never made fun of you.You need to realize Blue it wouldn't have mattered if my best friend put up a thread condoning the killing of civilians they would have heard the same words from me. You might want to read to the end of the thread put up by Jerry D on Marine Intel to see what the young Marine has to say about the killing of civilians.

Arrow>>>>>>
Old 11-12-2005, 05:28 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 

Quote:
Originally posted by MORTARDUDE "Praise the Lord, Hallelujah", on the other hand, is a time-honored shibboleth of American religious fundamentalists. Trust me... I been there and done that stupid trip, twice."

I would really like you to further explain this comment.

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.

Shibboleth is the Hebrew word that literally means "torrent of water" or "stream".[1] In the Hebrew Bible, pronunciation of this word was used to distinguish members of a group whose dialect lacked a "sh" sound from members of a group whose dialect included such a sound. The consequences of getting it wrong were fatal:

I'll try...

A shibboleth has the vulgate meaning of something that is unstoppable, destructive and otherwise useless.

It is a thing that is frequently raised so as to shortcut the speaking of reason... as in a cliche, or a slogan. The Congressional Black Caucus raised the shibboleth of "racism" following Katrina, for example.

As for the other part of my comment, it is probably better to leave that with a simple explanation few will accept: I am, personally, completely sick of religious fundamentalists doing all they possibly can to destroy peace on earth.
Old 11-12-2005, 08:25 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default I'll

be more than glad to ship you one of my 'shoe horns' to remove that foot from your mouth Blue ..............

BTW....................How DOES that shoe leather taste???

Just asking...................

Gimpy

"MUD GRUNT/RIVERINE"

Old 11-12-2005, 08:27 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default Re: I'll

Quote:
Originally posted by Gimpy be more than glad to ship you one of my 'shoe horns' to remove that foot from your mouth Blue ..............

BTW....................How DOES that shoe leather taste???

Just asking...................
Don't you wish... how's YOUR mouth feeling, these days, Gimpy?