The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Conflict posts > Vietnam

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-26-2005, 07:11 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Thanks to all. I'm not an expert by any means, but would be glad to help anyone with the process.

Doc Fred :

Most all my working life was spent with IRS and the Army, so do not have the quarters for Social Security. I have Blue Cross for life, so I can't complain. Thanks for the info !

Larry
Old 12-06-2005, 02:04 PM

I had my PTSD appointment in Helena yesterday at Fort Harrison. The Psychiatrist said he will find that I have PTSD and that it's service-connected. I don't know percentage yet, but I'm assuming its the 30 percent everyone starts with. I am already 20 percent on Agent Orange diabetes. Since then I've been diagnosed with neuropathy and I've appealed for an upgrade to 40 percent on that. We'll see how it comes out.
"No one has greater love than this; to lay down one's life for one's friends.". John 15:13
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2005, 04:26 PM

Distinctions
Staff VOM 
Default OOPS

Don?t know how I missed this first time around!

Congrads Larry. Welcome to the club, the club no one would join if they knew now?

Montana, around here it?s always 30% first. Matter of fact in this state to get more that 30% you have to do an ?In-House? for at least a couple of weeks.

Good luck to both of you and STAY HEALTHY,
Andy
Old 12-07-2005, 06:32 AM

Send a message via AIM to rags

Dear Larry,I am so glad for you.I ahve just started this process with my husband,Bob,and all of the advice and help from the people on this site has been great. We went yest.for an appt.with a psych.for evaluation for comp. and benefits and he has been going to the VA in W.Palm for teatment for ptsd since May.Of course, we dont know the outcome of the visit yet,but i am helping hiom all that i can.I am so HAPPY for you God Bless and take care. Linda N.
Old 12-07-2005, 06:43 AM
Doc.2/47

rags,

The folks on here walked me through it and made a hugh diference in my life by doing so. Gotta love em. And I do.
Old 12-07-2005, 08:07 AM

Where is Normandy,Tn?I have a brother and 2 nephews who live in White Pine and Dandridge and my parents used to live in Newport. Have a peaceful day. Linda N.
Old 12-07-2005, 09:07 AM
Doc.2/47

Normandy is a small town on the highland rim roughly midway between Nashville and Chatanooga.
Old 12-07-2005, 09:12 AM

Thanks. I like it in Tn. and N.Carolina,am going to be with my dad for Christmas in waynesville,N.C. and over to White Pine for New Years.Have a good holiday we hope to Rags and Linda
Old 12-07-2005, 01:01 PM

I know Montana doesn't require inhouse. We don't really have an in-house facility nearby. I know plenty of 100 percenters here that didn't need inhouse. But I'll take it as it comes. I'm understanding the appeals process now. I am joining the DAV and am thinking of employing my legal training to help the brothers with their appeals.
"No one has greater love than this; to lay down one's life for one's friends.". John 15:13
Old 12-07-2005, 05:59 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Just my 2c worth....A VA appeal is a last resort because of the length of time involved. After I received 30% the first go around, I filed for an increase in compensation, with additional evidence. It makes all the difference in the world. Good luck with your claim !!

Larry