The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-25-2006, 01:03 PM
Banned

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default Movies

I don't know if any of yous have noticed but the movie selection really sucks. This is a great time to be a lovey dovey chick flick movie watcher but for the rest of the world we have to wait for someone to make another Terminator, Saving Privet Ryan, We were brothers, Type movie.
Houston has about a hundred movie theaters, most have 20 to 30 screns so the availability of movie houses is there, but the movies are just crapp or stupid,
example
Just the top ten from the move place I go
Doogal,,,,,, HuuuH, This is a cartoon
Madeas Family Reunion,,, again , Huuuh, this is (I think) a movie about a black family reunion
Date Movie,,, , a stupid spin of scary movie
Eight below, a touchy feelly dog movie, I guess to feel sorry for dogs?
Shit I can't go on.
$5.00 for a popcorn
$6.00 for a coke and
what do you get?
You get to get up and leave about 1/2 way through the movie.
and Broke Back Mountain, What Idiot thought of this movie, and even worse, the idiots that gave awords to the movie.

Ron
Sponsored Links
Old 02-25-2006, 05:10 PM

Send a message via AIM to 82Rigger
Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Ron,

I couldn't agree more.

I can't think of a single movie released in '05 that I would pay to see.

Where the hell is Spielberg when ya need him? :re:
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2006, 05:30 PM

Distinctions
VOM 

Spielberg was busy making "Munich" the Movie based on the PLO '72 Olympics Massacre of the Israeli team. I haven't heard anything good about it either......
Old 02-26-2006, 04:23 AM
Banned

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default JD

Already know how it comes out, The Germans messed up and all the Israelis died the end. Now give me $7.00

Rahn
Old 02-26-2006, 07:06 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Ron et al,

Years ago the main stream hollyweird made movies for adults, basically, and some for children. Now, movies are made for children with a smattering of adult entertainment, i.e. Saving Private Ryan, etc. The other thing I've noticed, and am really sick of, is that most "thrillers" are nothing more than some guy who finds out that "we" America and it's government, are the bad guys. Just watch that idiotic movie where Jodie Foster's child is kidnapped in the airplane. Yep, turns out that the Arabs on the plane where just innocent and "racialy profiled", and the real bad guy.....the Sky Marshall. Oh, Lord....give me a break. Let's face it guys....we ain't the target audience for movies anymore.

Pack

"DISSENT IS PATRIOTIC!" (unknown people for the past 8 years, my turn now)
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2006, 08:00 AM
Robert J Ryan

Gimme some of the good old black and white westerns that I watch on the western channel, lets head em off at the pass type movie.
Old 02-26-2006, 08:11 AM
Banned

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default B&W westerns

Nelly bell and Bullitt
Old 02-26-2006, 08:21 AM

Default IDIOT Movies

When they put REALITY back into movies, I'll spend the 7 bucks

chuck
Old 02-26-2006, 08:59 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

I think we are witnessing a historic change in the Hollywood way of things. First off, costs have gone through the roof and for the fourth straight year, box office receipts have plummeted. Off shore movies greatly reduce the production cost while excellent quality is achieved. ?Open Range? was made near Calgary, Alberta, and ?Cold Mountain? was made in Romania, and more to come. It would seem that the ?rust belt? will now be joined by the ?tinsel belt?, as it were.

Then there is the ?actor factor? that is becoming less appealing at a steady pace, plus the not so subtle political activism played out on the silver screen strongly suggest people should be paid to go see a movie, not the other way around.
Gary Busey and Billy Zane must be really hard up for work to take leading roles in that Turkish movie that totally rips US Troops, the US and Israel, but hey, work is work, right, and if a bit of ?up yours America? in is the deal, the more the better for the Hollywoodians.

Then another factor is that there is no law that says it takes a ?name? actor to produce a quality and sellable product and this is making serious inroads in the traditional Hollywood market places in Europe and Asia. Actually, the French and South Koreans are very good at it, very good. Good story lines, excellent acting, plus quality editing and production is hard to beat on the home turf or local region. While in Budapest I kind of got hooked on French movies and passed on the Hollywood product. Sack cloth and ashes for me I guess, huh. There is an eight theater cinema in the Duna Plaza complex (where my office was) and at any given time, one would be a Hollywood production and the rest from other sources. ?Motorcycle Diaries? and ?Meet the Fauckers? are the two I recall planning to miss out on.

Then there is the freaking pirates just vacuuming out the Hollywood pockets. Maybe it?s Karma that the undisputed king of all global pirates is the PRC and they are really sticking it to radical leftist Hollywood. Karma, that must be it, of course, karma.

Scamp
Old 02-26-2006, 06:26 PM

I think the last time I paid to see a movie was umpteen years ago when 'The American President' came out. Haven't seen one since. Rather read than watch movies. Get 'em at the library..if I don't like the book I take it back at no charge. Don't care to pay to see some crap or preachy garbage..can't get my $$ back without raising hell. Hollywood can go the way of Detroit..bye bye & don't let the door hit your ass on the way out of town.