The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Conflict posts > Vietnam

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-23-2002, 03:57 PM

From what I hear tell in the saloon, ken is the only one of you guys who would know what to do with a nubile anyway. If thesedan chair's rockin', don't come knockin'!
Sponsored Links
Old 11-23-2002, 09:00 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Talking Well Chris!

Chris and I looked at good 'ole' Doc Fred on his visit and that trim physique of his put us to shame. So we decided to go on a diet, lose weight, increase our endurance, and hike the Olympics. I'll have to to get out the old back pack and start getting into shape. We both need to lose over 100 lbs. So this exercise just might be life saving for the both of us.

Keith
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2002, 05:46 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Re: Any OLD War Horses out there?

Quote:
Originally posted by sn-e3
I don't want you old War Horse's laughing at that. because you used to do 25 miles in a day with full gear
No I'll be laughing at that because now I do 25 miles a day with a full sailboat.
LOL
Have fun, zydeco dancing is enough for me.

james

(Ps I'm also trying to shed lbs, good luck)
Old 11-25-2002, 07:14 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default With a gammy hip Sir?

You need not eat the hip, Johnson. (Borrowed from a Monty Python Skit)

Sorry, but no can do the hike. Now, when you've set up an NDP or an LZ, let me know and I might be able to CA into your Poz.

Doc Fred is an inpiration to us all. Just weighed in today and I'm down 20 lbs, acutally 21, in about 8 weeks and it isn't from just eaten veggies. I don't like to recommend stuff cause we are all different, but went to weight watchers and learned the point system, and it works for me. Martini's every night, wine, and good food. Every friday Deb and I enjoy Filet Mignon, baked taters, (sweet tater for me, better for you), we have burgers and fries on tuesday's, you can have whatever you want, just watch the points. Using egg-beaters now and they taste same same eggs. For breakfast had a bagel with egg and slice of cheese, my own Egg McGoldstein. It really is learning how to eat anything you want but watch the portions. Today I put on pants I haven't worn in 6 years. I do not feel deprived and you don't need to attend all the meetings. Go for the first 4 weeks or so, learn the system, then buy yourself a good scale. Then follow the plan and weigh yourselves once a week. Works for me. Now for lunch today, Roast beef sandwich? Hot Dog? Hey, whatever I want.

The incredible shrinking Packo

"DISSENT IS PATRIOTIC!" (unknown people for the past 8 years, my turn now)
Old 11-25-2002, 09:46 AM

Distinctions
Staff VOM 
Lightbulb Weight watchers

Like Packo, that weight watcher thing is working for me. You do not have to be hungry at all. For lunch I often have a mixing bowl of salad, a little light dressing and dump an entire can of tuna (in water) on top of it. Lunch is only 3 points and I get 34 points a day. I've dropped a pants size in 3 weeks. Although, splitting a little wood everyday may have something to do with this.

Stay healthy, say light,
Andy