The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Conflict posts > Vietnam

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-15-2006, 03:52 PM

Default Don't Quit

I know that sometimes life itself is hard to deal with especially at Christmas time. Some people just want to stay in bed, cover their head and not come out again until sometime in January. It's hard on a lot of people especially Vietnam Vets. You were sent to fight a war that no one believed in. You came home to people that treated you like second class citizens for serving your country. And never did you hear "thanks soldier". Just know that you aren't alone. Some people just feel like packing it in, digging a big hole and never come out. But don't let the holidays or life itself get you down. Please know that you have friends on The Patriot Files that will help you get through the rough times.

I found this poem and wanted to pass it on to tell you that if things look bleak or you're down about something "Don't Quit".

Raggedy Ann

~DON'T QUIT~

Don't quit when the tide is lowest, For it is just about to turn. Don't quit over doubts & questions, For there's something you may learn. Don't quit when the night is darkest, For it is just a while 'til dawn. Don't quit when you have run the farthest, For the race is almost won. Don't quit when the hill is steepest, For your goal is almost nigh. Don't quit, for you're not a failure, Until you fail to try.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-16-2006, 09:49 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 

Quit is not in my vocabulary any more. Not since May 1967. When I learned the words can't and quit don't exist.

If your going to suceed your going to have to know how to deal with failure. (Joe Torre).
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote