Old 12-03-2002, 03:05 AM

Default have you ever heard...

that "when everyone is somebody, then
no one is anybody" anonymous...

think about it!!!

:cd:
Old 12-03-2002, 05:15 AM

Jane and Keith,

I think Jeff said it earlier that middlestream America is what we all want to be but when the left and the right get into a stalemate situation one party has to move either slightly left or right to get something accomplished.

I wouldn't dare classify anyone - its a personal thing and as Keith said I too split my ticket only because of gut feelings.

Shingles or nametags are not the way to go. Being left ro right is too difficult a choice but one that is there because of our rights to express ourselves.

What we have is the right to say and do what we feel is right - whether it be a left or right arguement. I've learned a lot from what all you have said and its made me more confident in what my earlier thoughts were about the subject.

American's have many rights which allow us to move in either direction based on the information we are given or know. How we feel about a subject is our own personal thing. But as it relates to the whole is where it gets more difficult.

It think Dan is trying to tell me something that relates along this line. I would hope that I could keep an open mind about many subjects of world interest as well as thoughs that apply to our best interest.

Government is run by those who start out with good intentions and once they get there they are overcome by special interest groups (who believe me have the power) that modify their thought patterns. (Sway the votes).

People always have passions about one thing or another. Keith seems to have this abortion issue that he mentions. You have the tax issues and me well I feel abortion is a womans choice (and I'm Catholic) and taxes I've resided to the fact that they will only end when I die.

So my friends we've come to an impass. We've covered some good topics and interesting comments. We've exchanged and voiced our thoughts about many issues and to this I thank you all.

O Almighty Lord God, who neither slumberest nor sleepest; Protect and assist, we beseech thee, all those who at home or abroad, by land, by sea, or in the air, are serving this country, that they, being armed with thy defence, may be preserved evermore in all perils; and being filled with wisdom and girded with strength, may do their duty to thy honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2002, 09:45 AM

I'm what you would call a lideral/conservative like you boats I'm for choice, I agree with the death penalty alway have never have changed my mind once, leave my guns alone enough said about that, I'm not a tree hugger but sometimes I think we do cut down many of our trees, and I do beleive in helping others who have less than I do. as far as taxs if anyone should get a tax cut it should be the working men cut the payroll taxs in half that would put money in the working mans/ womans hands where they could really see it. but thats my 3cents .
razz
Old 12-03-2002, 09:52 AM

Razz,

See you do count! You have an opinon and it does mean something. Issues are everywhere and they need to be discussed and tossed out for us all to consider.

The issues of tree's is also popular with me. I often told my wife that if I get another chance to come back I'd like to be a tree. My grand-daughter thinks her papa is nuts but what else is new.

I often wonder if anyone really listens to what we feel and think?
Government says they hear us but do the contrary shuffle when in ofice. Catch 22 is a very popular government game.

O Almighty Lord God, who neither slumberest nor sleepest; Protect and assist, we beseech thee, all those who at home or abroad, by land, by sea, or in the air, are serving this country, that they, being armed with thy defence, may be preserved evermore in all perils; and being filled with wisdom and girded with strength, may do their duty to thy honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2002, 10:19 AM

Government only hears those who are willing to voice and to vote, or those who are willing to put up the cash. i think that we all lose touch somehow, with our jobs. When you are working hard and long hours, the only consuming thoughts that you have are those that have to do with the job to get done. It's hard to be in touch with the whole world then. But, if I got a memo, I had to stop to read it, and then file in my brain where it ranked in importance. The more I got regarding the same topic, the higher in importance it became. I don't think "government" is any different. We can't expect them to stop spinning the wheels and jump in here to send time on PF every day, to get in touch with our thoughts. We have to send out the "memos". Trouble is, we all don't have the same Memo. Except for maybe on a couple of topics.
I do go on!