The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Conflict posts > Vietnam

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-24-2007, 07:49 AM

Andy
From reading everyone's comments you were and are still a very loved and admired man. You are surely missed by all. I would like to think you are celebrating your birthday with all of the other fallen soldiers, policemen, and firefighters. I am sure everyone will raise their glass to you this weekend on the mountain. We love you Andy.

Raggedy Ann
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-07-2007, 08:42 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Thumbs up Thanks Andy/I Will Never Forget You and Your Kindness:

Although I never met Andy in person, he was a big influence in my life and I will always remember him. When I desperately needed advice concerning applying for a disability through the VA, I contacted Andy for advice. I just thought that because I was a REMF and did not see much actual enemy action, I had no right applying for some of the same benefits that front line Grunts are eligable for. Andy made me realize that I took some of the same chances that you Grunts did on a day to day basis, just by doing a Tour in Nam. He made me see that those Rockets directed at the Flight Line of Cam Ranh Bay did not care who they killed and maimed. After a few Private E-Mails back and forth, I then decided to apply for my Disability. It has been almost two years now since I first applied and the process is still ongoing.

Andy and I had a lot in common in some areas. He and I were both Police Sergeants, had two sons each, and both of us lived in Massachusetts. I felt comfortable talking to Andy by way of the computer. When I decided that twenty-four years of being a Cop was starting to directly effect my health, I contacted Andy again and asked him for advice on Retirement. He again came through with helpful advice, and I obtained the guidance I was looking for. As a result I applied for retirement and was granted a disability retirement based on my health issues. If it were not for Andy's help and guidance, I probably would have stayed on the job, and possibly died from those health issues by now.

Andy was there for a confused fellow Vietnam Veteran, and Police Officer, when that help and guidance was most needed. When I learned that he was so sick, I then called Andy by land line. I first spoke with his wife and after I introduced myself, she told me that Andy would really want to talk with me, even though his illness was drawing most of the strength out of him and he was in much pain. We talked for several minutes and even though Andy was so sick, he was more concerned about me and how I was doing.

When I learned that Andy had passed on, I then sent his wife and family a card with a little cash I thought that they could use. I received the nicest Thank You Card back from his wife which I have kept and reread at times.

I will never forget Andy as he was a true Brother to me. Bless you Brother and hopefully we will meet in person some day, when my own life has ended. You definately played a very important part in my life and I thank you for it.

To all the rest of my Vietnam Veteran Brothers and Sisters I again want to wish you a most Heart Felt and Sincere:

WELCOME HOME:

VIETNAM 1968
Old 11-07-2007, 02:10 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default This Weekend

We will be thinking of Andy this weekend on Psyco Mtn. I'll be wearing my Red Sox cap just for him.

Nice heartfelt post VN.....Hope all goes well with your claim.

Pack

"DISSENT IS PATRIOTIC!" (unknown people for the past 8 years, my turn now)
Old 11-07-2007, 06:13 PM

Distinctions
Special Projects POM Staff Contributor 
Default Ditto

You are missed!

RIP, our friend.
Old 11-08-2007, 06:28 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packo View Post
We will be thinking of Andy this weekend on Psyco Mtn. I'll be wearing my Red Sox cap just for him.

Nice heartfelt post VN.....Hope all goes well with your claim.

Pack
Pack

Have a good time up on the Mtn, dude!

Happy Birthday, Andy--see you on the other side

Stay good
james

Last edited by exlrrp; 11-08-2007 at 06:30 AM. Reason: misspelling
Old 11-09-2007, 06:23 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Andy,...

...Andy,...

...And all up on the mountain,...

......togetherness is abundent as you all sit around,...

......Your comradre more solid then Gabraltar,...

......Those with ,or not, shall forever remain together,...

...wishing you all the best on the mountain,...

... will tip a toast here to all of our Brothers, and Sisters, home, gone home, or away...

...Happy Veterans Day,...

Tom "ANDY" Andrzejczyk