The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-11-2007, 07:25 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default Lakota Helicopter

Dear Mr. President;

I am truly amazed and disappointed that our nation would see fit to overlook one of her finest assets!

As you know, I have written to you in the past about the Army’s new Lakota helicopter. Although great looking and exceptional on paper, material (articles) that I have been privy to, show this European designed chopper to have shortcomings and failures. If what I read was correct, even the cost of retrofitting the Lakota would be substantial! I therefore urge you again to avail yourselves of an untapped and cost efficient national asset that rests right under your patriotic noses!

Why you find it essential to seek out foreign input on the Lakota’s problems is beyond me, even as a novice? And you’re not even contacting me back to at least see what I had in mind is beyond my power to comprehend?

To put “OUR” military at risk by having them fly a faulty bird, is unconscionable! The cost of this “Sgt. York With a Rotor” is high, especially if it places even one member of our gallant military at unnecessary risk, do you not agree?

As such, I again implore you to reconsider and take advantage of the magnificent local assets that are readily available right here in the “Land of Liberty and Ingenuity!” We have a plethora of exceptional universities right here that are capable and willing (I am sure) to assist our government in ironing out the problems with the Lakota, and probably at a far lesser cost to the American taxpayers?

I invite you to read again USNEWS.COM: “America’s Beat Colleges 2008.” You will note that Embry Riddle Aeronautical University is at the top of that list in engineering specialties. As a matter of fact, their campus in Daytona Beach, Florida ranks #1, and their campus at Prescott, Arizona ranks #3. And for the record, the #2 in this ranking is the Air Force Academy at Colorado Springs which also utilizes, I am informed, Embry Riddle Professors. Closing out the list of the “TOP 4” in this category, according to “U.S. News” is our own, illustrious Naval Academy! This is an exclusive and prestigious list indeed!”

So again I ask you: “Why is “Our Truly Great Nation” not taking advantage of these talented and local institutions of higher learning, in order to help in solving the problems with the Lakota helicopter? “What a waste of wonderful, domestic talent!”

Respectfully,

“The finest source of talent, often rests unused and unseen, right within plain sight!” - H. Rick Tavares - 11 December 2007