The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-21-2003, 10:42 AM

Send a message via ICQ to catman Send a message via Yahoo to catman
Distinctions
Contributor VOM 
Talking Military rules for civilians

This came to me in my e-mail today, not sure who the author is.

We know the current state of affairs in our great nation have many civilians up in arms and excited to join the military. For those of you who can't join, you can still lend a hand. here are a few of the areas we would like your assistance with:

1. The next time you see an adult talking during the National Anthem...kick their ass.

2. When you witness firsthand someone burning the American Flag in protest...kick their ass.

3. Regardless of the rank they held while they served, pay the highest amount of respect to all veterans. If you see anyone doing otherwise, quietly pull them aside and explain how these Veterans fought for the very freedom they bask in every second. Enlighten them on the many sacrifices these veterans made to make this Nation great. Then hold them down so a Disabled Veteran can kick their ass.

4. If you were never in the military, DO NOT pretend you were. Wearing battle dress uniforms (BDU's), telling others you used to be "Special Forces," and collecting GI Joe memorabilia, might have been okay if you were still seven. Now, it will only make you look stupid and get your ass kicked.

5. If you witness someone calling an enlisted Marine "Sir", stand back...a Marine will kick their ass.

6. Next time you come across an Air Force member, do not ask them, "Do you fly a jet?" Not everyone in the Air Force is a pilot. Such ignorance deserves as ass kicking. (Children are exempt).

7. Roseanne Barr's singing of the National Anthem is not a blooper...it was a disgrace and disrespectful. Laugh, and sooner or later your ass will get kicked.

8. Next time Old Glory passes by during a parade, get on your damn feet and pay homage to her by placing your hand over your heart. Quietly thank the military member or veteran lucky enough to be carrying her...of course; failure to do either of those could earn you a severe ass kicking.

9. What Jane Fonda did during the Vietnam War makes her the enemy. The proper word to describe her is "traitor." Just mention her nomination for "Woman of the Year" and get your ass kicked.

10. Don't try to discuss politics with a military member or a veteran. We are Americans and we bleed the same regardless of our party affiliation. Our Chain of Command is to include our Commander in Chief. The President, for those of you who don't know, is the CIC regardless of the political party...We have no inside track on what happens inside those big important buildings where all those "Representatives" meet. All we know is that when those civilians representatives screw up the situation, they call the military to go straighten it out. The military member might direct you to Oliver North. (I can see him kicking your ass already.)

11. "Your Mama wears combat boots" never made much since to me...stop saying it! If she did, she would probably be a veteran and kick you ass.

12. Bin Laden and the Taliban are not communist, so stop saying "Let's go kill the commies!" And stop asking us where he is. Crystal balls are not standard issue in the military. That reminds me....if you see anyone calling those psychic phone numbers, let me know so i can kick their ass.

13. Bus driver, jarhead, grunt, swabbie, squid, etc... are terms of endearment we use describing each other. Unless you are a service member or vet, you have not earned the right to use them and could get your ass kicked.

14. Last but not least, whether or not you become a member of the military, support our troops and their families. Every Thanksgiving and religious holiday that you enjoy with your family and friends please remember that they are there, literally, thousands of troops overseas wishing they could be home with their families!

Thank God for our military and the sacrifices they make every day. Without them, our country would get its' ass kicked.

I hope this is received in the spirit it is intended, and in no way offends any of our members.

Trav

Godspeed and keep low!
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-21-2003, 10:50 AM

No offense here, Trav.

Jeff
Old 01-21-2003, 05:07 PM

No offense here either Trav!
Old 01-21-2003, 05:18 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 

No offence but one great chuckle.

I own BDUs and combat boots. I wear them for field engineering. Nothing crawls up my leg and whatever I step on doesn't go into my foot (did that once at work and sent to emergency).

Sailors heckled my son by saying "Your mother wears combat boots!" After while they asked him to explain his reply "And BDUs!"

If the scanner was working I'd post a picture.

Joy
Old 01-21-2003, 06:32 PM

While I don't always agree about the military/civilian actions I do support the servicemen and women and the veterans. My husband was a 25 year member of the Coast Guard..

Friends from my class were killed in Korea

Two nephews were in Vietnam.

Right now I have two grandsons in Kandahar (spelling may be wrong)

We would not have the rights and privileges we have today had millions of Americans refused to protect their country. I think that so many younger people have no idea of how they got the rights and priveleges they enjoy today. They need an education for sure.

Esther
Old 01-21-2003, 06:49 PM

Distinctions
Special Projects POM Staff Contributor 

Put this in an email sent it to everone I know. Thank you for the smile.